IT.COM

domains Bing on Whois/Private Domain Registration

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Fabrice Canel from Microsoft Bing said on Twitter, "Whois data helps us establish trust and gain knowledge." It is hard to know for sure if he is referencing how it helps people "establish trust and gain knowledge" or if he is saying it helps Bing Search "establish trust and gain knowledge." I suspect it is Bing, since he was asked about Bing but I did ask for clarification.

Michael Adediran asked, "Does domain WHOIS privacy setting affect SEO? Should we make the whois information for our domain public for gaining trust from Bing bots? Would appreciate a response."

Fabrice replied in a generalized way, saying, "Whether or not you should utilize Whois largely depends on your situation. If you are in the process of starting a website from the ground up. Neglecting the small details could be detrimental to your success. Whois data helps us establishing trust and gaining knowledge."

Read more (seroundtable)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Given that it's bing I wouldn't worry about it too much. If they made their whois public it wouldn't make me trust their results more...

•••
I honestly feel that the majority of folks purchased privacy in the past just to avoid the spam emails and calls. Interesting to know that this could impact rankings though for Bing searches. Thanks for sharing @Lox !

•••
Given that it's bing I wouldn't worry about it too much. If they made their whois public it wouldn't make me trust their results more...

Alphabet shares dip on report Samsung phones may switch to Microsoft Bing search ... read more

•••
Last edited:
•••
Alphabet shares dip on report Samsung phones may switch to Microsoft Bing search ... read more

It was inevitable... Google has been king for decades and has mostly gone unchallenged. Microsoft actually has a fighting chance these days.

•••
It was inevitable... Google has been king for decades and has mostly gone unchallenged. Microsoft actually has a fighting chance these days.
The annoying thing being that it's being challenged by a behemoth and not a new kid on the block...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back