NamesCon2020

Big Indian startup and their brand names

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion started by Arpit131, Jan 23, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Arpit131

Arpit131 Top Member VIP

Here is a list of some of the big Indian startup and their brand name:

1) Flipkart.com - (e-commerce: Amazon India competitor) Recently acquired by Walmart at $20 billion valuation.

2) Zomato.com - One of the biggest food review and delivery startup in India, expanding abroad.

3) Swiggy.in/com - Swiggy is a food delivery startup. Started as Swiggy.in and later they acquired the .COM

4) OlaCabs.com - Commonly known as Ola, it is a competitor to Uber with over $5B valuation

5) OyoRooms.com - Hotel room aggregator with over $5 billion valuation. Commonly known as Oyo.

6) Cure.Fit - Using a new gTLD, this one is definitely worth mentioning. They have Cult.Fit, Mind.Fit, Eat.Fit and Care.Fit. All are .fit extension and this business is going to do really well.

Share the big startup names of your country so that we know what kind of brandables are startups and businesses looking at. Also, we may try to form an idea to distinguish good ones from better ones when we invest!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

Nice post .. VERY interesting to see some brandable two word domains in there. Although I'm guessing OlaCabs is more apps focused, but OyoRooms at $5B and FlipKart being a two word misspell that grew to $20B is really great to see.

I'd think that these types of domains represent majority of domains held by the majority of domainers. In fact .. Zomato is likely the only one I even would have bid on in an expired auction as the vast majority of domains in my portfolio are significantly stronger than OyoRooms (and I'm guessing that's the case for most of us)! lol

(I'm assuming the valuations are in $USD)

3. DeliDomains

DeliDomains Oswin

IMO cure.fit is a misfit. if they were using a ngtld they could have gotten a better name. Cure is more for disease and sickness.

4. Zilla

Zilla SOLD VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Surprise that they not heavely use .in..thanks for the sharing...

5. IMEZI

IMEZI Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Indonesia :
    Tokopedia.com
    Bukalapak.com
    Go-jek.com / Gojek.com
    Traveloka.com
    Blibli.com
    Blanja.com
    Mojok.co
    Ruangguru.com
    Pegipegi.com
    Keepo.me
    Ralali.com
    Itemku.com

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  6. Zilla

Zilla SOLD VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I try to find china startup web names from my memory, but found it is hard for me....I didnot visiting their web site at all I think the most visited site for me is here...the famous new company?no, we only use their app...they may have nice domain, but i dont know, for example, we have china uber, we call didi, but I never visit their website, another example is toutiao(headline), or tiktok, both of them been looked as competetor of wechat or qq.com, but i only use thier app, not website....i actually dont know their domain name....for food delivery, ele.me is big one...their name is known every, they ad it everywhere...so, what i should say....not mention mi.com baidu.com ,qq.com ,taobao.com,jd.com,Dji.com,they are not startup....they are old brother already...

7. ak4586

ak4586 Top Member VIP

Perfect

8. Furquah

Furquah Skipper VIP

Here is another Fintech big startup which using an hyphenated names,

Go-Upwards.com,

9. vinothayyavu

vinothayyavu Established Member

Adding few big startups from India and brand names:

Paytm -- (Mobile wallet and e-commerce) Estimated valuation $16billion

Big Basket -- (Online Grocery Supplies) Estimated valuation $1.5b

Other startup brand names valued around $500M to $900M

Rivigo
    Delhivery
    BookMyShow
    Practo
    Blackbuck
    Lenskart
    Droom
    Druva
    GreyOrange
    UrbanClap
    ShareChat

Thanks

10. webhostuk

webhostuk Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

One such story of good domain purchase was Housing.Com

11. BrandsOpen

BrandsOpen SalesBusiness.com Gold Account VIP

Certainly reassuring, and inspiring as well. It would be great to see some statistics on the domains sold on BB etc, to see how many are developed after purchase, and to what extent.

12. maxtra

maxtra Let's make a deal Gold Account VIP

13. VaibhavA

VaibhavA Top Member VIP

14. Arpit131

Arpit131 Top Member VIP

Thanks a lot! How could I forget PayTm!! Thanks for sharing! Grofers, BigBasket!
    Any more?

15. VaibhavA

VaibhavA Top Member VIP

16. Arpit131

Arpit131 Top Member VIP

Gaining market! Ronnie Screwala is an achiever. He succeeds in whatever he puts his hands into!!
    Also, an excellent brandable domain name which conveys the objective of his venture!

17. Arpit131

Arpit131 Top Member VIP

keep it coming guys.. People may use some of those to create their own brandables!!

Or we may have a better perspective as to what Entrepreneurs are using in UK, Germany, Silicon Valley and so on...

I am from India, so I can share things at my end. About Indian Startups..

There's GoJek in Indonesia that I know of.

18. EbookLover

EbookLover Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

BangGood - china

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice