IT.COM

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oops... Namepros Skin.. Looks like a girly skin..... :) :red:

Just signup for Bido and submitted one domain for consideration...

I dont know why they are not auctioning quality domains.. :imho: ...... :D

equitygrant.com
Barpictures.com
FixedLoans.com
DressOrganic.com
Hiphopphotography.com
myastrologist.com
buycheaply.com

-James

Last edited:
•••
We're extremely happy to be a sponsor of the site and we're glad you guys like the skin.
If anyone here ever needs anything at Bido, please let me know.
Thanks to RJ and the rest of the crew here at NP for the opportunity to sponsor the site.
Please consider joining Bido if you have not yet joined, and also if you would like to be an Expert Member and participate in the commentaries, please let me know. You can also request Expert Member status right from within your Bido account.

Now on to the lengthy part for those who like to read and want to get some insight about Bido.. :) If you find some of it boring, apologies in advance!

Bido is back! We took a technical hiatus for the past few months to rebuild our architecture, and we're finally returning auctions with a big splash.
Check out our site of course, but here are some pointers about Bido to get you started:
Mainly we are trying to relay the image to people that we are a Social Auction platform. More on this later.
We also feature Trackbacks so we give incentive for bloggers to link to us, as we will give a permanent link back.
We're also happy to announce that we will be soon opening the Bido platform to extend beyond domain names, it's a Social Auction platform that can be used in almost any industry, such as classic cars for example. More on this later.
Expert Members get many benefits of participation, details below, along with some more info and strong points of Bido to help you understand what we do, who we are, the vision, how the site works, etc.

Bido was founded on the principal that the domain name industry needs change and we expect the revolutionary means in which auctions are conducted online will contribute to this change.

Bido.com is currently focused on auctions in the domain name industry. Domains names are equivalent to online real estate, and getting a good name these days is hard. A number of companies have sprung up with made-up names or unique names that leave out vowels, such as flickr.com. This is because they cannot register regular domains as they have all been gobbled up long ago.

Bido.com focuses on one good domain name a day, so people both within the domain name industry and outside the domain name industry have a chance to acquire great domains at fair market value via our auction.

The one domain a day auction allows a lot of people to focus on the value of one domain, instead of having to search through thousands of domain listings to find a domain they may or may not want.

We pick one domain from thousands of submissions we receive on a weekly basis. We write a description about the domain's potential uses, find videos that correspond with that domain to try to visualize our description, and then we market the domain the domain around to our contacts, partners, and end-users identified as possessing an interest in the domain at hand. The auction lasts one hour and starts at 1:00PM EST. The starting price is always $1.00.

Members submit domains with no reserve and let the market determine the final selling price, while the Bido team ensures the technology and brand are there to ensure the maximum sale price that the market will bear.

The type of format we use for auctions is unique, as is the platform and technology we use to push the domain names up for auction.

We have built our own, proprietary "push technology." The technology allows us to push all of the bidding prices, the bidding history, high bidder status, and other information directly to the user – without requiring the user to refresh his Web page. All information is updated in real time and no action is needed from the user – as far as domain auctions go, this is completely unique.

Bido uses trackbacks so if you have a blog and link to a specific auction, we'll detect it and send a linkback from our trackback system. Each linkback is admin-approved, so if you don't see it right away, give it a little bit of time for Bido to review the link and approve the linkback. The linkback will appear just above the array of Expert Commentaries.
This is an incentive for bloggers to get benefits from reviewing our auctions from their blog directly. The linkback is a reciprocal link from the Bido.com site and will help the blog gain more weight in the search engines.

What's all this noise about Expert Members? Being an Expert Member helps the person to build their brand, market their name, gain exposure and recognition in the industry.
Who are Bido.com Experts:

* Direct navigation experts
* Domain name development experts
* Domain name investors
* Search engine optimization experts
* Brand managers
* Marketing executives
* And some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the business world today.

Benefits of being an Expert Member:

* Expert reviews on Bido.com will be viewed by thousands of people everyday providing increased recognition for yourself and your company.
* Being featured on one of the most popular domain name auction websites in the world will increase your credibility and standing in the domain community.
* Bido.com will keep a history of every auction so you can refer to your comments for years to come. Search engines will also index your comments further strengthening your web presence.
* Your profile will give users the ability to communicate with you directly and allow you to highlight your personal and professional interests. In exchange for contributing your time and domain knowledge, Bido.com will help you connect with new clients and build your own business.
* Bido pulls your RSS feed from your blog and permanently links back to your posts.
* You can fill just about any profile information in your About Me tab that you want people to see. This is invaluable if used to its fullest.

The Bido platform is much more than domain name auctions, however.
Soon we will open the Bido platform and let other people and other communities as a whole operate their own auction channel.
The Social Auction Platform can be used in a plethora of industries. Contact us for more info and a custom gameplan if you are interested in exploring this with us.

So these are some key points about Bido, to give you an overview of the platform. If you have a blog and you review Bido, if you would like to link to a specific auction URL, we will approve a link back to your blog. It takes approximately an hour for that link on our site to go live.

Also, we have a Facebook group we would like you to join:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51023537523
We have a LinkedIn group as well:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1171027
And if you would like to follow us on Twitter, this is our profile link:
http://twitter.com/bidodotcom

I can expand upon any this if you need additional information.
Feel free to give us a call at 800-611-Bido if you have any questions and you would like to speak with us. Thanks for your attention and we hope you will join Bido and participate either as a casual reader, buyer, seller, bidder, expert, or even auction conductor when the time is right.

We will continue to roll out features as time goes by and we value your input, feedback, insight, constructive criticism, jokes, insults, and all other motions in our direction. Hope you enjoy Bido and make the most of it, the tools are there for you to enhance your business.

Thanks again NamePros and all the NP members for the opportunity! If you read this far, you win $1,000. Just kidding!

Best regards,
Jarred Cohen
www.Bido.com

•••
dammm thats massive advertising, how much did it cost?

•••
I love the Bido Theme, it looks funky!

Look forward to winning kick @$$ domains on Bido.com

•••
Arg.. like someone smashed a bottle of crown royal all over my screen.. interesting concept, even more interesting is the commentary from the so called "Expert Panel" idea..

•••
MediaHound said:
We're extremely happy to be a sponsor of the site and we're glad you guys like the skin.
If anyone here ever needs anything at Bido, please let me know.
Thanks to RJ and the rest of the crew here at NP for the opportunity to sponsor the site.

Blah, misc junk...

That's nice but what about domain quality? You need real quality or your site will die like the long-dead www.oneuglydomain.com

•••
Purple is fab :tu:

Good luck with the re-launch of Bido guys... :)

•••
This sounds like a blast. But the one domain per day concept won't work. If you can correct that important flaw, you should have a winner on your hands. Best of luck, I'm now a registered member. Cheers.

•••
Cooool ....Burple.

Very efective ... I just signed up at Bido and will be checking them out.

nn

•••
MicroGuy said:
This sounds like a blast. But the one domain per day concept won't work. If you can correct that important flaw, you should have a winner on your hands. Best of luck, I'm now a registered member. Cheers.

One could work but without variety, I don't think many people will care much for this. Perhaps one domain per niche? If he started allowing, say, 3 domains a day (that weren't grouped into niches) then the entire site would need rebranding. I'll likely never sign up at this rate. It's rather borish -- 1 domain... and a crappy one, at that.

•••
Interesting new theme. I've been keeping an eye on Bido. Let's hope both Bido and Namepros can stay alive during the stress of massive traffic without hardware troubles. :)

•••
I just signed up as a member... I'm looking forward to it.

Submit your names onto there, folks! Traffic is only going to pick up from here.

•••
1 domain per day is too less, they should add more domain to auction. If 1 is the theme, then why not post list of selected domains, so that bidders can cast their vote on.
Most voted/ participated domain gets auctioned for 1 day!

•••
I seee... thats why namepros had frequent downtime yesterday... Kudos to Bido! Welcome and thanks for the sponsorship.

just finished registering to the site.

all the best.

•••
No offense, but I agree for the relaunch of Bido the domain list is very weak. It would have been a better idea to line up more premium names IMO.

There are a few domains on the list that I think Reg Fee could be generous.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I remember before Bido was taken down originally they had pretty great names for sale. I'm not sure what happened there.

•••
How are names like EquityGrant.com, DressOrganic.com, and BuyCheaply.com going to offset the cost of expensive advertising and months of fixing technical issues?

All the creative advertising in the world won't sell bad domain names. The recession isn't helping either.

Good luck though.

•••
What a great skin! Love it. :)

•••
•••
I know comments can go both ways but the comments on todays auction EQUITYGRANT.COM are all negative so the seller is on a downer before it starts imo :(

•••
Well, Estibot gives MyAstrologist.com a value of RegFee...Got that one right on the money..

•••
it's a great looking site - functionality is at a premium as well. innovative discussion format too.

•••
mjnels said:
much better idea than PM spam. ;)

Agree, i think that pm thing on other forum was kinda lame.

•••
Nice looking site, registered.

•••
Firstly, I thought DN change theme for DomainMadiGas. Now, I realised it's BidO. Hi! BidO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back