NameSilo

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll be waiting when they drop.

•••
Yup you are right on the small name theory. Although sometimes i got a bit nervy just regging short names, thinking what if Reem means zilch without the "Al" prefix. So i've tried to mix an match various combinations of "Reem", "AlReem", "ReemIsland" and "AlReemIsland"

Also we just need a couple of good sales to cover for other regged domains, thats the good thing abt this, the multiples in which your profit goes is mind boggling :D

It pays to keep up to date with the latest news; ima going to read up a lot from now on lol

NURCA said:

Thats what they said abt pronounceable LLLL.coms :)
Oh well, its speculation and its definitely worth it. Better than buying one OUQA.com and try selling it :\

Last edited:
•••
domainerd1 said:
OK, I went nuts. Guess that is the relative newbie in me, but it seemed like a worthwhile chance.

Here's what I got (I did a bit of reading, so some new names in here):

ALRAHAGARDENSTOWNHOUSES.COM
REEMISLANDHEALTHCARE.COM
REEMISLANDARTS.COM
NAWRASMARINA.COM
REEMISLANDCULTURE.COM
ALREEMISLE.MOBI
ALREEMISLE.INFO
ALREEMISLE.NET
ALREEMISLE.ORG
ADDAXPORTDINING.COM
ABUDHABICOMMERCIALPROPERTIES.COM
ABUDHABIBEACHES.COM
ADDAXPORTSHOPPING.COM
REEMISLANDGALLERIES.COM
MARINASQUAREPROPERTIES.COM
ADDAXPORTCONDOS.COM
REEMISLANDBUSINESS.COM
GREENCOMMUNITYPROPERTIES.INFO
MARINASQUAREPROPERTIES.INFO
PEARLOFTHEEMIRATES.INFO
PEARLCENTRALGARDEN.INFO
PEARLOFTHEEMIRATES.COM
PEARLCENTRALGARDEN.COM
ALREEMCOVEANDOASIS.COM
ALREEMCOVE.COM
REEMISLANDDIRECTORY.COM
REEMISLANDVILLA.COM
ADDAXPORTPROPERTIES.COM
ALREEMISLE.COM

Some are kind of long, maybe should have left those alone. From my reading, it appears that the true name is Al Reem Isle (which I regged), but the developers have altered it to Al Reem Island (or Reem Island).

Probably no ten-baggers in the bunch, but we'll see.

You've got some good ones in here. A few that I had in my list too (great minds think alike).

•••
To cover oneself, get the Reem* and AlReem* combination....

If you have both, then you will see which one is being used by searches...

Then drop the one with less hits if you want.. There is a cost to investing in domain names. Just look at as your insurance. But it is dollars well spent.
If both works, then you'll be a happy camper. Rather than being left out.

•••
-Raja- said:
Excellent info, rep added
my regs...

GoReem(.)com
GoAlReem(.)com
VisitReem(.)com
ReemBusiness(.)com

Nice ones. Short and memorable.

domainerph said:
To cover oneself, get the Reem* and AlReem* combination....

If you have both, then you will see which one is being used by searches...

Then drop the one with less hits if you want.. There is a cost to investing in domain names. Just look at as your insurance. But it is dollars well spent.
If both works, then you'll be a happy camper. Rather than being left out.

This is what I'm doing. Good advice.

NURCA said:

Don't hold your breath. I'll hold my names for 3-5 years if that's what it takes.

Krossat said:
Yup you are right on the small name theory. Although sometimes i got a bit nervy just regging short names, thinking what if Reem means zilch without the "Al" prefix. So i've tried to mix an match various combinations of "Reem", "AlReem", "ReemIsland" and "AlReemIsland"

Also we just need a couple of good sales to cover for other regged domains, thats the good thing abt this, the multiples in which your profit goes is mind boggling :D

It pays to keep up to date with the latest news; ima going to read up a lot from now on lol

Thats what they said abt pronounceable LLLL.coms :)
Oh well, its speculation and its definitely worth it. Better than buying one OUQA.com and try selling it :\

A good mix is the best alternative. There are some that look good with island in the name. Others are better with the shortest version. It really depends on the category. And it's always best to diversify. This way your investments are more sound.

Though I do have to say that my gut feeling is that this island will be known as Reem. And here is the strongest HINT-follow what works for DUBAI.......;)

Last edited:
•••
$6.9bn first Al Reem project
United Arab Emirates: Wednesday, September 14 - 2005 at 07:44

Sorouh Real Estate has launched its first real estate development on Al Reem Island with an initial investment of $6.9bn. The Shams Abu Dhabi project will house around 100,000 people in 22,000 residential units by 2011. Sorouh officials said finance will be a mixture of debt and equity.

This project has been going on since 2005. Finally gonna finish by September 2008 ;)

We might see demand sooner than we xpect.

•••
Krossat said:
This project has been going on since 2005. Finally gonna finish by September 2008 ;)

We might see demand sooner than we xpect.

Development will be carried out in multiple phases from 2006 – 2023

http://www.profilegroup.ae/alreem_factsheet.html

Might be holding them a while.

Good luck with them.

•••
capiche said:
Development will be carried out in multiple phases from 2006 – 2023

http://www.profilegroup.ae/alreem_factsheet.html

Might be holding them a while.

Good luck with them.

What you failed to see (if you had done proper research) is that they're already selling apartments in Reem. People are already living there. Soon people will go for vacations. The plans to continue development until 2023 is positive, it just means that they will continue adding on until then (or hopefully even beyond).

•••
With all the construction planned, I figure they will need these:

alreemmortgage.com
alreemmortgages.com
reemmortgage.com
reemmortgages.com
reemislandmortgage.com
reemislandmortgages.com

•••
And these:

ReemHealthcare.COM
ReemInsurance.COM
ReemRealtors.COM
ReemShopping.COM

•••
Krossat said:
And these:

ReemHealthcare.COM
ReemInsurance.COM
ReemRealtors.COM
ReemShopping.COM

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, and Reem Regging we will go....

I contemplated ReemShops/ReemShopping. Great one with ReemRealtors (and it has such a nice ring to it).

•••
not to mention these!!:

ReemIslandRealty.com
AlReemIslandRealty.com
ReemIslandRentals.com
AlReemRentals.com
AlReemIslandRentals.com

...or i hope anyways :hehe:

thanks for the tip, rep will be added!!

•••
SlimPickins said:
not to mention these!!:

ReemIslandRealty.com
AlReemIslandRealty.com
ReemIslandRentals.com
AlReemRentals.com
AlReemIslandRentals.com

...or i hope anyways :hehe:

thanks for the tip, rep will be added!!

Nice! Great names. I'm so happy to see everyone choosing great generic keywords. I haven't seen a bad Reem name yet.

•••
Wohoo Rentals again is something which can be big sooner than later !!!
After all homes wud be on a lease in Reem and Rentals wud be prevalent.

•••
DomainMayhem.com said:
What you failed to see (if you had done proper research)

Believe me, I don't need to be schooled on research. I was simply pointing out that it isn't going to be "finished" in 2008 as it's been quoted more than once in this thread.

Regardless, I was just saying good luck with your registrations. Sorry if that came across negative :|

•••
By the end of today, the big money has been made.... Early bird catches the worm. That is Domaining 101

Guys, this is what we are. Buy domain, develop it for the good of the business.

These are all quality generic names. Good Luck to your businesses.

You are the new e-realestate moguls.

Just keep this in mind. The people that will be attracted to invest in this place is not the ordinary guy like me who has just pennies in the bank. But I look forward to doing business with the Emirs and Sheiks over there.

They will spend billions on the project. So they will need a lot of "noise" in promoting the tourism and sales generation. Promotional activity starts NOW to make that a realty. It could just be a one page LANDING as long as it ends up in Google, that's effective advertising in my opinion.

Hey, they got one of US seaport, so I'll do business with my AlReem* domains.

That's a fair game and promotes peace. Congratulations to all who were creative enough to snap a few quality names. How do I give credit to $$domainer for starting the fire. Now, you know how the caveman felt when he invented the fire.
:)

•••
capiche said:
Believe me, I don't need to be schooled on research. I was simply pointing out that it isn't going to be "finished" in 2008 as it's been quoted more than once in this thread.

Regardless, I was just saying good luck with your registrations. Sorry if that came across negative :|

No worries. They have it listed as being completed in 2008, though I don't think they were referring to completing the entire island by then.

•••
domainerph said:
By the end of today, the big money has been made.... Early bird catches the worm. That is Domaining 101

Guys, this is what we are. Buy domain, develop it for the good of the business.

These are all quality generic names. Good Luck to your businesses.

You are the new e-realestate moguls.

Just keep this in mind. The people that will be attracted to invest in this place is not the ordinary guy like me who has just pennies in the bank. But I look forward to doing business with the Emirs and Sheiks over there.

They will spend billions on the project. So they will need a lot of "noise" in promoting the tourism and sales generation. Promotional activity starts NOW to make that a realty. It could just be a one page LANDING as long as it ends up in Google, that's effective advertising in my opinion.

Hey, they got one of US seaport, so I'll do business with my AlReem* domains.

That's a fair game and promotes peace. Congratulations to all who were creative enough to snap a few quality names. How do I give credit to $$domainer for starting the fire. Now, you know how the caveman felt when he invented the fire.
:)

I agree.

It's like buying a pre-construction house (as an investment or a place to live in).
If you buy one in a really good location, you are bound to make a good profit.

Big-time investors are involved in the Reem project.
No matter what, Reem Island will be built whether it be now or in the near future. It WILL attract many tourists.

•••
mrdomainman said:
I agree.

It's like buying a pre-construction house (as an investment or a place to live in).
If you buy one in a really good location, you are bound to make a good profit.

Big-time investors are involved in the Reem project.
No matter what, Reem Island will be built whether it be now or in the near future. It WILL attract many tourists.

And they'll learn about it on the Net first. :hehe:

•••
I tried to make it as short as possible.

ReemRealty.com
AlReemRealty.com

ReemVilla.com
AlReemVilla.com

AlReemTourism.com
AlReemBusiness.com

AlReemInvestment.com
AlReemInvestments.com

AbuDhabiVilla.com

AbuDhabiSkyline.com

AbuDhabiVacation.com

AbuDhabiManagement.com

•••
domainerph said:
I think this is the true e-land speculation... Patience is the keyword. "Build it and they will come" syndrome. If you are a domainer, you can not afford not to have one or two in your portfolio. Good lead on this.

But once the project gets done and get into fruition, hopefully the names will be on hot demand.

Who knows the Emirs from Abu Dhabi will gobble out the names for their promotions...
They have the dough.. Any members from Emirates? Get the word out to them that the great names in here are for sale/lease/partnerships....

Better bet is to go for the expat real estate people out here.

My friend is a project manager for a large internet development company in Dubai who works with many large local companies. From the stories he's told me it seems that much of the local management is more concerned with their ego's than anything else, and they are less than tech savvy.

If you're going to try and sell to local companies directly, remember two things.

1. Play to the ego
2. Use small words

•••
xman said:
I tried to make it as short as possible.

ReemRealty.com
AlReemRealty.com

ReemVilla.com
AlReemVilla.com

AlReemTourism.com
AlReemBusiness.com

AlReemInvestment.com
AlReemInvestments.com

AbuDhabiVilla.com

AbuDhabiSkyline.com

AbuDhabiVacation.com

AbuDhabiManagement.com

Some great names X. And the hits keep on comin...

Smith said:
Better bet is to go for the expat real estate people out here.

My friend is a project manager for a large internet development company in Dubai who works with many large local companies. From the stories he's told me it seems that much of the local management is more concerned with their ego's than anything else, and they are less than tech savvy.

If you're going to try and sell to local companies directly, remember two things.

1. Play to the ego
2. Use small words

LOL! Good advice, thank you. Couldn't be a better scenario for nice end-user prices.

•••
Thanks DM

I've seen some nice names in this thread.

Good Luck to all

•••
Excellent job--all of you! I am proud to go down in domainer history as the one who started the Reem Island Gold Rush! Glad you are all getting on board with great names! This is what domaining is all about!

To put any fears at rest: Reem Island, unlike many UAE projects, is functioning RIGHT NOW, and by 2008 will be going full speed ahead. Development will continue till about 2020 since the project is so massive and Reem Island will just keep getting better and better.

Reem is the Biggest and Most Important project in Abu Dhabi, the richest Emirate and capital of all the Emirates. Even much of the Dubai development is being funded with Abu Dhabi money.

PM me if you need anything, want to brainstorm about selling or developing Reem Island domains, or any other ideas you come up with. $$Domainer

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back