Domain Empire

Best web hosting provider

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Voslo

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

What is the best web hosting service provider?
No matter the price. I just want the best reliability and efficiency.

Regards,
Voslo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
depends where you are. In the UK, I'm a big fan of tsohost.

•••
There are so many great ones out there, people can help you out in a better way if you tell us your price range.

•••
Hello,

What is the best web hosting service provider?
No matter the price. I just want the best reliability and efficiency.

Regards,
Voslo

OK, say you have an unlimited budget, this still doesn't give any idea of what you're looking for. How many websites do you have? How big they are? How are they built? What are your space/traffic requirements? Where is your target audience located (preferred server location)? How about support preferences? Any specific requirements?

There is an abundance of hosts out there and there certainly isn't a "best" one among them. The best for one is crappy for the other. This is why listing your requirements with all possible detail can just help you sort the majority out. Further research and especially testing their support beforehand is something that you should do. Generally my advice would be to stay away from EIG hosts as they have an everdeclining reputation but from there on further information from you will help to bring more advice. ;)

•••
Thanks for your answers!

Here's some information about the website:
- One membership website (built from a WordPress theme/template)
- 25GB
- Traffic: Nearly 1 million visitors per month.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- The target audience is mainly located in the US, Canada, France and in the UK.
- 99,99% Uptime Guarantee

Other requirements:
- At least 100 emailboxes
- IMAP
- Good SSL Certificates
- Other great security features are welcomed.

Price range: Up to $25/month.

What do you think of NetworkSolutions, BlueHost or OVH? Are they good hosting service providers?

Thanks,
Voslo

Last edited:
•••
Here are the very best industry leaders in no particular order.

Hostdime
LiquidWeb
Softlayer
Colocrossing

•••
Thank you very much newbie191!

•••
Thanks for your answers!

Here's some information about the website:
- One membership website (built from a WordPress theme/template)
- 25GB
- Traffic: Nearly 1 million visitors per month.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- The target audience is mainly located in the US, Canada, France and in the UK.
- 99,99% Uptime Guarantee

Other requirements:
- At least 100 emailboxes
- IMAP
- Good SSL Certificates
- Other great security features are welcomed.

Price range: Up to $25/month.

What do you think of NetworkSolutions, BlueHost or OVH? Are they good hosting service providers?

Thanks,
Voslo

Much better :)

I don't have a direct experience with either of those but generally I don't want to speak bad about companies, as we are a webhost ourselves. I can only share opinions of clients of those companies and online posts in forums, blogs etc. Bluehost should be a no-no as they are part of EIG and almost all hosts under their hat have suffered a big decline post-acquisition. NetSol are an old and reputed provider but over the years they seem to be slow in catching up the competition in their range.

You should find many good hosts out there with your requirements, they are pretty standard. However the large volume of visitors would mean that shared hosting will not suffice in most places. You have a decent budget so I would advice looking for a nice VPS in that range, just don't be fooled by super low offers (like $5/mo VPS). Compare options around your budget and see where you can get the best specs for it. ;)

•••
You are looking for PHP or Asp.net hosting?

•••
Thank you very much Rado_Ch, I appreciate!

You are looking for PHP or Asp.net hosting?

I would say I prefer a PHP hosting.
However, I confess that I have always had difficulty choosing between these two types of web hosting.

•••
However, I confess that I have always had difficulty choosing between these two types of web hosting.

It depends on what you want to host. You want to host a Wordpress site, or something else?

•••
It depends on what you want to host. You want to host a Wordpress site, or something else?

Only a website built from a Wordpress theme acquired on ThemeForest. It includes PHP files, CSS files and JS files.

The site doesn't support currently any activities from members. A third-party provides all communication, messaging and sharing systems for members.
The website provides also products for sale to non-members. A payment gateway is integrated on the site.

What would be the other things I could host for example? What do you mean by "something else"?

•••
@Voslo There are many things you can host, it should take me some months just copy and paste what you can host online.

In case it's Wordpress, you have many options:
- If you want to setup everything and manage yourself, you can buy a small VPS. OpenVZ, Xen, KVM will all work well.
- If you don't want to setup and manage the server yourself, you can buy a shared hosting, or managed VPS.

If your site doesn't have much traffic, a small shared PHP hosting will be good. Personally I vote for Namecheap and Godaddy shared hosting, their shared hosting and support really good.

•••
Thank you very much Rado_Ch, I appreciate!

PHP = Linux based, most scripts and components can be found and used free of charge, larger community because of the open-source nature
ASP = Windows based, almost everything is paid, closed code which would provide better security but less help when you need one

(Don't quote me on those, this is the simplest generalization I could think of :P)

@Voslo

If your site doesn't have much traffic, a small shared PHP hosting will be good. Personally I vote for Namecheap and Godaddy shared hosting, their shared hosting and support really good.

I wouldn't call 1 million visitors/mo small traffic :) As for those recommendations, both are very well-known companies but mostly in the domain world as domain registration is their forte. Hosting, being their secondary product, is not that great, especially since GoDaddy decided to drop their email support just recently so almost everyone has to call over the phone now, waiting for a loooong loooong time to connect.

•••
Ahh sorry didn't see this part: 1 million visitors/mo

In this case I recommend OP get a managed VPS, shared hosting is not good for heavy traffice websites.

•••
Thank you both for your invaluable help!!

From what I have understood, I think I'll choose initially a managed VPS.
Hostdime, LiquidWeb and OVH have interesting hosting offers.
Any preference among them? Do you have another managed VPS hosting provider in mind?

•••
•••
•••
Thank you both for your invaluable help!!

From what I have understood, I think I'll choose initially a managed VPS.
Hostdime, LiquidWeb and OVH have interesting hosting offers.
Any preference among them? Do you have another managed VPS hosting provider in mind?

For VPS services those are some of the names that often pop up with a good reputation so you can check them out and compare ;)

•••
Ok, I will do this ;)
Thank you @Rado_Ch!

•••
I'd go for a VPS for a site of your size. I use a hosting company called Stable Host and haven't had any issues.

•••
I'd go for a VPS for a site of your size. I use a hosting company called Stable Host and haven't had any issues.

Thank you @jdab for your point of view!
They have an interesting offer/pricing for their unmanaged VPS.

•••
If you want to only host Wordpress sites, than I would recommend Flywheel, hands down. Incredibly fast and great support. They do cost considerably more than other providers, but if your sites make you money, it is a no-brainer investment.

•••
I just saw your budget is only $25/month. That puts Flywheel way out of your price range for 1 million visitors a month. It would probably cost at least $100-$150/month for that many visitors with SSL and CDN included.

•••
If you're looking for a CDN, I'd also recommend MaxCDN.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back