Dynadot

Best ways to promote your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Where do you promote your domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Social networks

votes
    33.3%
  • Marketplace upgrades (Homepage showcase, email promotion etc.)

votes
    33.3%
  • Industry blogs (sponsored headlines etc.)

votes
    25.0%
  • Other

votes
    16.7%
  • I don't promote my domains

votes
    25.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Plato

Top Member
Impact
Let’s say you are selling a domain name and want to make sure it receives maximum attention from the best potential buyer(s).

There are some very popular industry blogs who offers sponsored headlines, tickers...
Every domain marketplace offers upgrades (email promotions, social network promotion, homepage showcase...)

What are the best places to promote domains and what are your experiences?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wanted to start a thread to discuss the various techniques domainers are using to promote their names and get them sold.

First things first, many domainers likely have unsellable domains in their portfolio. First take a look at your domain and ask yourself if you would name your business/website ----------.com. If the answer is no, do not invest much if any time into promoting your names. Sell on a domain forum and try to at least recover your expense.

Here are a few methods I have used which have worked in the past.

LinkedIn - join and post in groups related to your domains niche. Include a link to a for sale page or auction with your post.

Facebook - similar to above post in groups. I have not tried the Facebook ad network to see if that works. Perhaps others have tried this?

Twitter - gain followers related to domaining, tech, business, entrepreneurs, startups etc.

Emailing - spend some time to generate a list of contacts who may be interested in the domain. Send a tailored email to each of these contacts explaining why they would benefit from owning your domain. Make it look professional. Leave contact info including your phone number. Add the contact info to the top of the email, this will quickly identify to the contact you are not a spammer. I have found it best to not include the domain name in the subject line. Try to use a subject line that directs the email to a specific person you are trying to contact. (Attn. Mr judge mind)

I would appreciate others to share what they do to better educate others who read this thread.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back