NameSilo

Best way to sell with no traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,

First let me say that this is one of the best forums.

My question:
Probably a stupid question but i'll ask anyway.
If I have just recently bought 20-30 .com or good .net domains that i want to sell, what would be the best way without having to build pages around each one and generate traffic.is it possible to sell domain for a good price just posting it sedo or domain auction forums?
Sedo or godaddy auctions are so huge so I am wondering if it would be better to post it in buy/sell forums.
P.S. I have a computer networking site (see signature) but I cannot park those domains there since they are not relevant. Maybe 2-3 are but rest of them are not.

Thank you all in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
First thing, forget GoDaddy's TDNAM. That is only a good place to buy domains for a cheap price.

Secondly, Sedo.com/Afternic.com is where you want to have all your domains listed at all times. These places are long-term, and usually you'll get offers from end-users that are really interested.

Forums such as NamePros.com is where you will most likely sell to other resellers (for the good domains). You'll most likely have to bump your thread quite a few times to get interest in your domains, unless ofcoarse you have good domains at cheap prices.

Don't expect hundreds or thousands of dollars unless you have a really stunning domain. There are no available stunning domains. Expect anywhere from $0 - $500 for new registrations. Usually it'll be between $10 - $80.

•••
Welcome to NamePros forums!

You can also try Afternic.com :) I've sold quite a few names there when I just started out. You can sell the lower end ones at Afternic Bazaar (the sold prices there keeps going out so try your luck!).

Try to advertise based on any generic value or market potential since you mentioned that they do not have any traffic.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
Hello 220volt and welcome to Namepros :)
I don't think your names wouldn't sell just because of lack of traffic.
To simplify some names are sold/bought only for the name or the branding potential behind it. Some names are sold/bought for their traffic/ppc revenue.

Of course it would be good to have both ie strong names with good traffic.
If the names are not good then traffic/development are probably the only ways to bring some value.
Saying that, I think you should at least park your names with Sedo. It does not cost anything and you even get some parking revenue (depending on the amount of traffic you receive). You have nothing to lose and hopefully this will help cover the registration & renewal fees.

•••
Sorry to mention this but without traffic the members here will not be much interested in the domains. If the keywords are right then you might land a sale or two. But if the domain itself is a brandable one then you surely need traffic to prove it worthy.

•••
Just be sure the names are parked on something that has a for sale link. You can do this at sedo or afternic. Without traffic, you need a place people will see them who are looking for domain or will find it if they type in the name. It also helps to have something indicating it's for sale in the whois record if possible. Forums are another source, but buyers are probably 90% looking for wholesale, not retail end users.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back