Dynadot

Best reseller account?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was wondering if I wanted to have my own reseller account, what would be the best one? Obviously, the lower the cost for me the more money / lower I can make my price. I was looking at the eNom accounts offered here and it seems like the retail is slightly less per domain (which is good because I'd like to pay as I go) but, if yahoo's domains are $5 theirs got to be a reseller account at a similar price right? Also, does RJ get money if I go through his link for eNom because if so I'll deffinetly use that link if I can't find a better one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I preffer the reseller account of TargetDomain.com (same as WWD reseller, but cheaper).
There is a fixed 89$ fee per year, but you get a compleete customizable ready to go turnkey website packed with much more services than only domain name registration (e.g. hosting, SEO, submission, SSL certificates, etc..)
With every domain registration there comes a bunch of free features like forwarding/masking, DNS/MX control, parked/for sale page, etc...
You do not have to pre-pay any services as in many of the other resellers as the reseller account incorporates real time Credit Card processing for your customers.
Support, maintanance, etc.. will be done by them, so that you can concentrate 100% on marketing your service.
You as reseller can set up special discount accounts for you or your customers to let them buy the services at discount wholesale prices.
From time to time they have special promotions with rock bottom prices.
More info here.

Last edited:
•••
So with that site, it seems like their is a base fee of 6 or 7 bucks, but then they get an additional 25% or so? That doesn't seem like that great of a deal compared to eNom's which is free. But I do like the other services.

•••
I don’t think there is a "best reseller account”, IMHO ,there is actually many different options now in the reseller market, each one fits a specific demand, define your target and business strategy and start shopping around
You’ll find the plan that is right for you.

Good Luck

•••
directi.com is pretty good. They offer $6.49 domain resellers don't they?

•••
Does anyone know if you pay as you go with directi.com (like an eNom retail account) or if you have to pay a signup fee or fund it initially? I'm just testing the waters and would prefer not putting money down if I don't have to heh.

•••
deposit $ 75 to open the reseller account , its a prepay account ,you cant sell if you dont have available funds.
You must drop 13K to get all your domains at 6.49

•••
I've been reading their forums (directi.com's) and they seem to have a lot of angry resellers. And for simple features like domain forwarding they charge extra for and they charge extra for paypal processing, and apparently the site is buggy, slow, and down a lot. Doesn't seem like a good combination heh. Is registry rocket only for reseller accounts and not retail? And it's free right?

Last edited:
•••
Nucleus said:
So with that site, it seems like their is a base fee of 6 or 7 bucks, but then they get an additional 25% or so? That doesn't seem like that great of a deal compared to eNom's which is free. But I do like the other services.
Yes, but it is not a prepay account like all the others !

Explanation of TargetDomain.com service prices:
(example for a .com registration with a min sales price of $7.85):
Your buy rate is 6.75$.
25% of your sales price over that 6.75$ goes to TargetDomain.com
75% is your money.

E.g. you set the sales price to 7.95$ so TargetDomain.com gets 0,30$ and YOU 0,90$

Last edited:
•••
eNom of course, no BS there.

•••
Can't go wrong with enom IMO

•••
yeah I think eNom sounds good. I registered with them to look at their retail options, and I think I'm just going to have to give up and get a reseller account (as opposed to retail) because of the added features. Unless, is their any site that offers a registry rocket like service (like, a premade eNom retail site) that uses their API that has the source available? And also, if I get a reseller and deposit the $100, can I take the money out if I change my mind?

•••
-

Last edited:
•••
Hello All,
What is the cheapest reseller for someone in the 30-50 domain name catagory? I have been told that ICANN basically charges ~$6/yr for the domains, so it should be difficult to go under $6/yr. ...So how do some sites offer 3.99, 4.99, and 5.50/yr rates?

Regards,
Steve

•••
When a site offers this they will actually lose money. Also Targetdomain is a wild west domain re-seller. Price wise Directi will be the best to go with. But it does not have many features.

•••
Nucleus, I guess it depends on what your intentions are for being a domain reseller. Do you want to offer domain registrations to the general public or just want to have the best price and features for your own domains?

I'm a WildWestDomains reseller with my own RegisterMate.com, the same system as TargetDomains, but I can't recommend it nearly as enthusiastically as him. Your abilities as a reseller are far too limited and the reporting system is awful. Lowest price .coms there are $7.68. For the all around best reseller program, I still have to recommend eNom. They have four different ways to be a reseller (API, PDQ, registry rocket or give out sub-accounts) and overall the most features for the price. You can still get $6.95 reseller accounts for $150-200 from the occasional reseller.

•••
Thanks Nucleus - GoDaddy offers a $79/yr reseller account ($99-$20 special) -- the Domains are ~$7.40/yr with all fees. Not that good -- compared to site specials! Regards, Steve :)

•••
fiedlers said:
GoDaddy offers a $79/yr reseller account ($99-$20 special)

Where's this special? I can't find it anywhere.

AmCy

•••
If you want cheap then look no further then Directi. Of course their system is horrible and full of bugs. Just yesterday when I sold my reseller account it kept giving me errors. Their forum is usually full of people complaining.
------------------------------

WWD/GoDaddy. A few are making some money but most WWD Resellers never break even. Here is something I previously posted about WWD accounts:

You sell .com for $7.85
Less -> $6.75 (WWD wholesale .com price)
Less -> $0.27 [Revenue Share - 25% of $1.10 ($7.85 less $6.75)]
Less -> $0.45 (Transaction Fee $2.5% credit card fee $0.25 transaction fee)

Earnings per domain -> $0.38 <-

Assume no other fees or costs and you would need to sell 261 domains a year just to recover your $99 WWD annual fee.
-------------------------------------

Like -RJ- my opinion is that you can't beat an eNom account for overall control panel, pricing, and reporting/management.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back