Dynadot

question Best place to sell lower value domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainReset

Jeremiah 29:11Established Member
Impact
Im having go a domain flipping where would the best place be to sell them?

The domain appraisals are around the 1-2k in value.

Would I be better listing them all on one site or multiple?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you have an existing lead, use Escrow.com. It has the lowest commission at 3% if you don't use the optional concierge service. However, I recommend paying the extra fee or splitting with the buyer to get concierge because it's safer. There's no way the buyer can say they didn't receive the domain because Escrow.com handles the transfer of the domain and money. If you don't use concierge, then they only handle the transfer of funds.

If you don't have an existing lead, list the domain on a registrar marketplace like Namecheap, Dynadot, Porkbun, etc as they have the lowest fees for marketplaces.

•••
If you don't have an existing lead, list the domain on a registrar marketplace like Namecheap, Dynadot, Porkbun, etc as they have the lowest fees for marketplaces.

Lowest fees Daaz, 5%
Porkbun, 7,5%
Dynadot, only 5% selling fees but 5% as payout fees
NC 10%

Imo: be wary of marketplaces that offer only Paypal as payout option

Last edited:
•••
@Peter45 - sorry for the noob question but what is the reasoning against (only) PayPal? Is there a threshold above which summit should not be used or is air a general sentiment? Thanks!

•••
Hi @Paperhand
read some of the reviews in Trustpilot.

The first problem consists in that PP block your account if their algorithms recognize a transaction as suspicious, and apparently it's getting increasingly easy to trigger those algorithms.
Btw, PP don't block that transaction, they block the whole account.

And afterwards, it gets basically impossible to de-block the account through their customer service.

PP reserves the right to keep the funds for 6 months, and even afterwards to keep part of the funds.
You can find a lot of reports on the internet.

They justify themselves arguing that it's foreseen in their Terms of Service, which you agreed upon when opening an account.

So if your PP account gets blocked, the funds that you hold at e.g. Namecheap, you can't take them out.
If you sell domains on Namecheap marketplace, those proceeds, you can't take them out.

Well, you can take them out of Namecheap, but only to funnel and deposit them in your blocked PP account, so that you are left with no idea about if and when you'll be able to dispose of those funds again.

Last edited:
•••
This is wild. Thanks for getting back to me!

•••
Your response is very biased and makes the assumption that every single PayPal user will have their account banned or have trouble with receiving payouts. PayPal has been around for two decades and I’ve had my account for at least one of those decades. I’ve never been suspended or had issues with receiving payouts.

Secondly, it’s not the domain registrars’ fault if they can’t payout because your PayPal is suspended. The owner of the domain has a choice whether to list on a registrar marketplace or not. They aren’t forced to do it. If their PayPal is suspended, hopefully they wouldn’t be dumb enough to list and sell a domain on Namecheap marketplace for example.

•••
Your response is very biased and makes the assumption that every single PayPal user will have their account banned or have trouble with receiving payouts. PayPal has been around for two decades and I’ve had my account for at least one of those decades. I’ve never been suspended or had issues with receiving payouts.

Secondly, it’s not the domain registrars’ fault if they can’t payout because your PayPal is suspended. The owner of the domain has a choice whether to list on a registrar marketplace or not. They aren’t forced to do it. If their PayPal is suspended, hopefully they wouldn’t be dumb enough to list and sell a domain on Namecheap marketplace for example.
i try avoid the “PayPal Mafia” -Biased in this regard, too.

Last edited:
•••
I suggest to register or transfer the domain to a registrant that has an embedded marketplace. For example dynadot, nc, namesilo, sav, porkbun.
You can choose almost any price and fees are low.
However a standard marketplace is better if the selling price is $XXX+ because you receive more exposure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back