NameSilo

question Best place to sell different types of donaims?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameVerve

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I've been reading through the forums going back sometime and trying to get a grasp of the way things are done.
There is a great thread on this site for selling domains as there probably is on other forums along with a multitude of auction sites. The problem I am having is figuring out which site/method is best for which "type" of domain?
So best for short, non dictionary brandables is: xxxxxxx.com
best for high premium 3 letter dictionary words is: xxxxxx.com
best for 2 dictionary keyword search domains is: xxxxxxxx.com

Lots of different "kinds" of domains but just wondering where you would go if you were buying or selling each?

Thanks

m

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brandbucket for brandables.

Flippa is good when the dn value is atleast in the $,$$$ range. Then you can buy the full upgrade and maximize your reach.

If it is a quick flip to a reseller, you can do it right here.

•••
Awesome, thanks alot

Godaddy, Namejet and Sedo no mentions? Where would they stand?

•••
It will give your dn wider exposure...but the best option would be to target the end users in the domain's niche. It is a grind but will have good ROI.

•••
@tik5 Thanks a lot for your help...once again, learn more in a week on this forum than my entire High School education combined

•••
I mentioned this one a while ago in another thread, but it is worth mentioning again. Adam dicker's interviews at domain sherpa is pure gold. You'll be further along in your learning curve after you go through it.

•••
Ha! It was you that posted it! ...yes, watched it after I read your post...then watched most other videos on their...he's a great interviewer and not afraid to ask uncomfortable questions or dig deep...

Watched one with Dave Evanson from Sedo which was a good insight and also @michaeljkrell on there as well, very interesting as I seem to love brandables more than others...also like the discussions when there are 4 guests....very interesting...

Thanks for sharing it...

•••
This is what I have noticed:
Flippa - Tech domains/startups
Sedo/Great Domains - Single word domains
BrandBucket.com - Brandables
Godaddy - End users

•••
Top Domain selling places
Sedo
Afternic
GoDaddy Auction
Flippa

•••
don't get into this nonsense about best place for selling names

you really don't have to list your name anywhere and it still can get inquiries

there are marketplaces and there are auctions, two different things which often result in different returns for the sellers.

every category of domains sell on sedo and any kind of domain can sell on godaddy

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back