Domain Empire

Best place to park - Sedo or Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fabulous.com said:
Hi AdoptableDomains,

We usually require that a domain portfolio owner has at least 50 domains, however we will consider quality portfolios of any size.

Once you have a wholesale (parking) account with us you can also benefit from a flat rate registration/renewal rate of $6.75.

Andrew
[email protected]

I stand corrected. I believe I was told it was 100 when I signed up over a year ago, I think I even had to show I owned 1000 at that time to get the wholesale pricing. Nice to see you've eased up the requirements a bit.

I do hope you add .us and .biz at some time though.

•••
I personally like sedo the best, although I have only tried afternic and sedo. Right now I am getting about 50 uniques a day for duplicated.org and about .50 a day in $. Not that bad if you ask me.

•••
any u guys fed up with your sedo , ds or domainhop account ?>

i will buy it. if you want 1 years revenue right away, without having to wait for a year send me a pm.

thanks

•••
Sedo is best !

SEDO are great very attractive well targetted as well.
They are also using google so have good long term
potential.

•••
personally, i like sedo... but I haven't tried anyone else really! :)

•••
Fabulous IMHO

( i am new and the revenue is still okey.. but i am sure it will turn the right way
with the right domain names === my portfolio at fabulous )

I am not a domainhop fan anymore... it aint personal and the interface aint that good

sedo = nice interface but income is low. ( great for selling domain names tho )

•••
chungju4 said:
any u guys fed up with your sedo , ds or domainhop account ?>

i will buy it. if you want 1 years revenue right away, without having to wait for a year send me a pm.

thanks

You mean, you'll by my sedo account? What's the point? Surely you don;t want the domains. too? Besides, I'm not too sure you can sell a sedo account. Probably against their TOS.

•••
I think "chungju4" meant the domain portfolio...not the parking agreement/account.

chungju4 would you make an offer on mine. See sign.

•••
Personally, I favor Sedo. :imho:

•••
I have many sites at sedo, but I am slowly moving out, I think I will experiment with other to see who work best for me in the distance.
At the present I have set a 15 at GoldKey and I mention here since I haven't see any yet, so maybe the information could be useful.
At the moment I havent see much traffic, and no clicks at all,
the support is very slow and a couple of time has been vague too
(I had problem to exchange links between the parked site since the system require to know first the url of the reciprocal link...try to imagine to have two windows opened on two sites and both require the same thing...just vicious circle.)

Anyway the interface is easy ....I will tell you how it goes.

•••
DomainSponsor.com is great, i got in with 40 names

•••
I’m new, so bear with me :)

The impression I get, from my limited experience as well as what I’m reading here at NamePros, is that each of these companies seems to perform better in different categories. For instance, I’ve read, on more than one occasion here, that Fabulous is the choice for optimizing revenue for gambling-related domain names. And, that Sedo is the obvious choice for parking domains appealing to a more international audience.

I’d be interested in hearing any opinions and experiences with regard to PPC performance from these companies as it relates to specific categories, especially the following:

Online Gambling

Adult-Oriented

Travel

Real Estate

Legal

Others?

Thanks,
Sean

•••
Very helpful thread, but would anyone care to be more specific? What parking service do you use and what is your average CPM? I have been using domainhop, and my average is about $10 CPM, but I don't have much traffic.

•••
my average is about $10 CPM, but I don't have much traffic.
can you explain please?
How many domains?
How long you have them parked?
And you earn this how often?

•••
I have only had my 30 domain names parked for about one week. As I said, I get an embarassingly small amount of traffic (some get none), but so far I have gotten around $5 in revenue from 500 hits. thus my average revenue per click is about one cent, or $10 CPM.

Obviously this is a function of the per-click payout, and the clik-thru rate, and is averaged over 30 domains. I was just curious whether others have made a higher (or much higher) CPM at other sites.

•••
I asked because I was curious too about the same thing of you ;)
But tell me did you have just parked the domains as they are or did you made some SEO job aroound them?

•••
Well, what I like about domainHop is that the parked page has MetaTags, which allows for better search engine submission. However, I only submitted them to SEs about a week ago, and they are not yet indexed. I have never submitted a parked page to SE before, so I don't know if it works or not. Anyone know about this?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back