Domain Empire

Best place to park - Sedo or Afternic?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sedo for standard extensions and afternic for the rest

•••
I would park english names in DomainSponsor and international names in Sedo.

•••
Fabulous or Afternic, in my honest op

•••
I got good results for my names with both Sedo and Afternic. I prefer the SEDO management area anyway. Never tried Fabolous, but a lot of people told me it pays well. In any case, I found a list of PPC websites here: http://www.whois-search.com/links/?c=8

•••
Thanks for sharing the info, domainsbot. I personally prefer to park in DomainSponsor as compared to Sedo/Afternic. Never tried Fabulous, should give it a try someday to test it out. Hehe.

•••
Fabulous requires at least 100 names to get an account in order to park and take advantage of PPC. Sedo and Afternic don't. I've never tried domainsponsor.

•••
Parking at afternic requires a membership fee payment?

•••
To list domain names for sale at afternic requires a Exchange Membership that costs $9.95

•••
If I have 100/more domains i will park my domain at fabulous, under 100 domains and I can pay membership fee ($19.95/yr) i will park my domain at Afternic... and I will use SEDO to parking all my domains for free :)

Free Account - SEDO
Member ($19.95/yr) - Afternic
Min. 100 domains - Fabulous

Good luck ;)

•••
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Without doubt most people will see the most money with DomainSponsor.com. The exception would be if you have gambling traffic, in such case, Fabulous.com is the only way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
To clear things up a bit, Afternic Parking is not provided by Afternic. Afternic teamed up with DomainSponsor and Fabulous quite a while ago to offer you choices. When you change your nameservers to Afternic's and list a name on our site, you'll have an opportunity to choose which parking service you would like to use. They have made us co-branded pages and we have consolidated the payment process. You could park half your names with Fab, half with DS, and receive one check from us (checks & paypal payments are sent out monthly in the first 10 days of the month). As mentioned by sibaong, there is a $19.95 membership fee to join Afternic.

•••
I think Sedo All The Way

•••
Folks (smith and taboo), please remember no affiliate links in posts.
Thanks.
-Allan

•••
billinchina said:
As mentioned by sibaong, there is a $19.95 membership fee to join Afternic.

I thought it was $9,95. I mean that's how much I paid when I joined Afternic. When did this changed?

•••
StudioWorks said:
I thought it was $9,95. I mean that's how much I paid when I joined Afternic. When did this changed?

June 1, 2005.

•••
Currently I am doing a 50/50 test split between Sedo and Domainhop.

50 parked at Sedo. All 100 listed at sedo.

50 parked at domainhop.

I really like the control feature of domainhop where you can designate title, template category, search category, description and key words.

I'm only in my second month of parking so jury is out. So far its dh by far in revenue. You dont seem to make much with Sedo.

Stay tuned. I will share the results of my 50/50 research experiment.

•••
I remain fan of Afternic for the easy management of my entire portfolio and for their prompt & personalized support/exchanges. Satisfied with PPC incomes, yep could get a bit more elsewhere but the most important for me is confidence and to get the kind of commmunity/family spirit I also find with NP.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Fabulous requires at least 100 names to get an account in order to park and take advantage of PPC. Sedo and Afternic don't. I've never tried domainsponsor.

Hi AdoptableDomains,

We usually require that a domain portfolio owner has at least 50 domains, however we will consider quality portfolios of any size.

Once you have a wholesale (parking) account with us you can also benefit from a flat rate registration/renewal rate of $6.75.

Andrew
[email protected]

•••
StudioWorks said:
U didn't recieved afternic email?

•••
Never tried afternic, but I have tried Sedo first and now I am on fabulous.

I will be going back to Sedo as I make 1/7 less money at fabulous. So sad because I'll miss the $6.75 domains.

If you do go to Fabulous, remember NOT to ever click on any of the links on your parked domain. They are not like SEDO. Sedo seems to somehow know who you are and does not record your clicks and does not consider them fraudulent clicks unless you are excessively clicking. Fabulous on the other hand thows you in a "fraud alert status" and notifies you that you are not supposed to be clicking on your own ads. Even though it is innocent clicking, they do not see it that way apparently.

Fleege said:
I'm only in my second month of parking so jury is out. So far its dh by far in revenue.

There are some threads in here where folks complain that even though Domainhop brings more revenue, they tend to shut you down right before they are due to pay you. Perhaps it was another place, but i cvould swear it was Domainhop they were speaking of.

Last edited:
•••
Domainhop shutting you down...

That would be a stupid way to do business. You hear pretty stupid things on forums too. I cannot belive that anybody would run a business that way successfully.

On the other hand I do know that they are pretty picky about the rules etc. No can click own ads...but we should all be pretty used to that already.

So far domainhop is outproducing sedo on my domains by 4:1. Maybe even more. But I will continue to follow them closely.

•••
I like Sedo the best. :D

•••
I have to say, since this thread started I have been and joined Fabulous and found that they are the most professional, helpful online company (in any area) I have ever had the fortune to deal with - highly recommend A++++

Don't get me wrong, Sedo are good (and I have all my domains listed there)but Fabulous seem to have refined the entire process and got it absolutely spot on - I cannot see how they can be beaten - to me it is perfect.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back