IT.COM

discuss Best Domain value tools

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Broth Investing

Established Member
Impact
I think the best tools for figuring domain value are Nameworth , domainindex and Name Bio what are yours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can't comment on usefulness as I have never personally requested one, but they are done by an experienced domain expert, are in depth, and in my way of thinking are balanced, an honest opinion about the worth of the domain name. They give things like comparators, comments on the vertical, structure, etc.
Thanks for the insight. Are the appraisals done confidentially, i.e. by PM, or do they get posted in the Insider's Club appraisal section.
I understand that normally "what goes on in the Insider's Club stays in the Insider's Club," but if folks are considering joining, it's nice to know how this perk actually works.

•••
Thanks for the insight. Are the appraisals done confidentially, i.e. by PM, or do they get posted in the Insider's Club appraisal section.
I understand that normally "what goes on in the Insider's Club stays in the Insider's Club," but if folks are considering joining, it's nice to know how this perk actually works.
They are visible to others who have access to Insider's section. According to the rules one is not supposed to share anything from the Insider's section, but of course anything people can see hard to make sure all obey the rules. I agree that is always a concern with any online appraisal.
Bob

•••
You just made my day!!
Your tool just appraised my domain u-torrent .com at $1,170,216 :xf.cool:
His tool has given a couple of my domains 5 and 6 figure values so I love it as well ;)

•••
Although I appreciate the work involved of everyone in creating automated appraisal tools, by and large they do a disservice to domain sellers when buyers can use them in negotiation against the sellers. There are factors that are impossible for automated appraisal algorithms to know, such as type-in traffic, motivation of the buyer, budget, etc. A domain sold for X,XXX few years ago does not determine the value today. It is impossible to build an accurate automated domain appraisal tool. It is nice to have a way to access data of past sales and search volume when determining purchasing domains or deciding whether to renew. However, presenting this to the general public as an "appraisal" or "valuation" is detrimental to domain investors/sellers.
My view is they are a useful tool but shouldn't be treated as gospel. Too many factors at play to just plug into an algorithm , spit out a number and say voila.

•••
My view is they are a useful tool but shouldn't be treated as gospel. Too many factors at play to just plug into an algorithm , spit out a number and say voila.
I agree. And especially if you call them valuations or appraisals it creates in people's minds that these are actual prices they should go by. That those are true market values.

•••
Before anything, the accuracy should be defined for the domain valuations.

Everyone is throwing around the word "accurate", especially when speaking about their own tool, but what does it mean for you?

Most brandable names, e.g., can sell for $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, $3000 depending on the seller's pricing strategy, his personal gut feel or metrics and if a buyer negotiated. So even actual sale would fail to validate the appraisal made before. So if you would make a tool that would just contain few simple algorithms to separate the pure trash, for the rest you can just generate numbers from $1000 to $3000 and claim to be very accurate. Of course, you'd also define few criteria for few clear cut top names and throw in some random numbers in $3k-5k, $5k-10k, 10k-25k, 25k to 100k etc. ranges and you are gold.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I do like nameworth. Primarily because it is not public facing. Also the domains I tried came back with estimates very close to my expectations. Plus it focuses only on dot coms. It is easier to build a more accurate engine if you stay within one or two extensions that have the most data available.
I just checked Nameworth for 5 domain names I own and they returned a much higher estimate than GoDaddy and dotible. Of course I hope nameworth is closer to what I can expect. Any comments? as would like to manage expectations on domain name worth. Cheers, Jeff

•••
Tell me who is the buyer i tell you the value .

•••
I just checked Nameworth for 5 domain names I own and they returned a much higher estimate than GoDaddy and dotible. Of course I hope nameworth is closer to what I can expect. Any comments? as would like to manage expectations on domain name worth. Cheers, Jeff
The Nameworth valuations generally do seem much higher than the other tools. And perhaps, in years past or even now with the right buyer, you can command the retail prices they cite.
In my experience, the retail valuations did not seem to impress potential buyers.

•••
estibot (gd appraisals too low)
is there something new?
Screenshot_20221003-085615_Chrome.jpg

•••
estibot (gd appraisals too low)
is there something new?
Could you clarify your question? In general, In my experience, the GoDaddy appraisals tended to be much higher compared to Estibot.

•••
The Nameworth valuations generally do seem much higher than the other tools. And perhaps, in years past or even now with the right buyer, you can command the retail prices they cite.
In my experience, the retail valuations did not seem to impress potential buyers.
Big thanks for feedback. I just updated to paid account with nameworth and checked all domains. The interesting thing was that 70% of my better domains came back with higher value from nameworth and the other 25% had GoDaddy quoting a higher price. So took the highest quote across all domains and created a best of list.

I do like how Nameworth offer a Values/Appraisals report.

•••
Big thanks for feedback. I just updated to paid account with nameworth and checked all domains. The interesting thing was that 70% of my better domains came back with higher value from nameworth and the other 25% had GoDaddy quoting a higher price. So took the highest quote across all domains and created a best of list.

I do like how Nameworth offer a Values/Appraisals report.
Well, one of our NamePros members, Garrett, I believe still operates Nameworth, so I'll let him speak for himself on this. He's @NameBuyer.com

Last edited:
•••
Take a look at the automatic appraisal tool linked in my signature.

As a side note, it took some years to refine and has been a vital factor in my domaining success. Built it for myself, now opened to the world.
Thanks@twiki, I liked your tool and awaiting to include other extensions also.

•••
All tools are good for their own purpose :

Estibot good for counting value of EMD (Exact Match Domains) and Dictionary domains from the PPC cost

Godaddy Appraisals good for counting value of keywords and patterns in comparisson from historical sales

MOZ domain analizer is good for counting value of traffic domains and high DA/PA domains

Nameworth is good to count value of brandable domains and dictionary words domains

Namebio is good to help us comparing historical sales of some type of domains

There are some type of valuable domains, and they can be valued by different parameters. You can't count DA 60 domains value using estibot, namebio, nameworth and domain index. But DA 60 domains always sold above $20k at Godaddy auctions. You use MOZ to value high DA/PA domains value.

•••
Thanks@twiki, I liked your tool and awaiting to include other extensions also.

Are you saying your valuation tool uses squadhelp and brandbucket domains? Any others? I personally find that quite limiting. If it used Dynadot, NameBright, GoDaddy, I'd find it much more useful.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

There are more features coming soon. Such as history of previous comparable sales (similar to GD), provided in partnership with Namebio.

Forgive my ignorance. But it dotible.com your appraisal tool. Is there any timeframe for .net, .org. .co

•••
Forgive my ignorance. But it dotible.com your appraisal tool. Is there any timeframe for .net, .org. .co
Yes it is my tool.

- .net and org are already available, although precision will never be the same as .com due to much lower sales data. Also .io and .xyz.

- .co = no plans to add it since this TLD has been going into rather sharp decline lately.

As a side note, everything outside of these TLDs is just guesswork, since there is terribly insufficient sales data for say .pro or .site TLDs, etc . I could add every TLD out there, but then the tool won't be precise (again, lack of sufficient sales) and I don't want to provide a guesswork tool.

•••
I think the best tools for figuring domain value are Nameworth , domainindex and Name Bio what are yours?
Anything automated will not be 100% accurate and does not account for multiple real world use case variables. As a general concensus, most seasoned investors avoid automated tools unless the data can be leveraged to pitch someone not familiar with the domain industry or branding etiquette.

It's common for some investors/resellers to cherry pick automated results and only show the positives in their pitches, leaving the unsuspecting buyer to do their own due diligence themselves to identify the negatives (e.g. spam scores, search engine penalties, trademark issues, etc.).
With the Insider's Club, are professional appraisals still being offered? And, if so, how reliable are these, in your opinion.
Yes.

I personally evaluate domain assets in the insiders club when I have time.

Like with anything, they are not all encompassing, but they do provide multiple variables of data points automated tools don't and that most investors overlook.

It's handy to compile a professional evaluations data points with the ones you already have for a better picture of what your assets true value to the right end user may be.

Even with all the data to leverage in a pitch and rebuttals, none of it helps if you aren't targeting the right buyers market. Professional appraisals also help identify those markets.

At the end of the day, what works for one may not work for another. Results vary.

Take a look at some of the professional evaluations for 2022 to get a better idea.

In my opinion, it's a no Brainer to seek as much data on any asset one can to understand it's true potential and pain points better.

Last edited:
•••
@Eric Lyon - How do we get an account at Insiders Club?

•••
@Eric Lyon - How do we get an account at Insiders Club?
You already have access to the insiders club as a VIP and PRO member.

1. Instant access is granted to VIPs

2. Alternately, a member can upgrade to a Gold account and get access.

Some members never start an appraisal thread, but watch the professional appraisal section to get alerted when new appraisal threads are created so they can sip coffee and read them in the mornings for both, entertainment and educational purposes.

Last edited:
•••
FYI, it has not been returning results for at least a day.

EDIT: It looks back to normal now. Thanks, I enjoy using and other items on BH.

I only tried one .com domain and it never returned any result?

•••
Hello NamePros fellows, you may be interested in a domain/brand name radio testing tool, which evaluates a name's spell-ability, Radiotest.me. It is 100% based on human perception and feedback.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back