IT.COM

request Best company to store valuable domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

digitalocean1

Established Member
Impact
I have some really valuable domains ($10K+) which domain registrar is best to keep those safe?

I have no hope for godaddy, epik I was thinking is good but saw some bad news, any recommendations?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am going to recommend Godaddy look hard enough here every company is roasted on a daily.

•••
I would've said Uniregistry but they'll be shutting doors most probably next year so the next best option to me it looks like Dynadot. That's where I've been moving all of my domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
What is renewal rate is Dynadot?

•••
•••
I would've said Uniregistry but they'll be shutting doors most probably next year.
why do you say that?
I'm asking because I'm in the process of setting up *all* my domains for sale to Uniregistry's landers/NS.

•••
why do you say that?
I'm asking because I'm in the process of setting up *all* my domains for sale to Uniregistry's landers/NS.
Setting up nameservers is fine as far as they're up and running.
Uniregistry have themselves informed of moving all the domains to GoDaddy in the near future so it's better to move in advance than at the end especially for big portfolio owners.

•••
•••
Dyna dot has offices in China and is a .CN Registrar, I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't be sleeping well at night having my valuable domains registered there.

•••
Dyna dot has offices in China and is a .CN Registrar, I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't be sleeping well at night having my valuable domains registered there.
Do you care to explain why having offices in China should give you unrest?

•••
•••
Do you care to explain why having offices in China should give you unrest?
Considering China's long history of seizing property and intellectual property theft, it should give anyone unrest when transferring valuable domain names to Registrar with Chinese interests. IMO..

•••
•••
i wonder what the reason about no hope for godaddy

•••
name.com is well established cozy company

•••
Google Domains is a new domain registrar from Google that offers a simple and easy-to-use interface. They also offer domain privacy and DNSSEC.

•••
Google Domains is a new domain registrar from Google that offers a simple and easy-to-use interface. They also offer domain privacy and DNSSEC.
They're not exactly a new registrar. They have been around for 8 years and have about 10 million domains under management. I believe Google is the #5 registrar by .com domains under management. They have also just been sold to Squarespace.

•••
Among the top 20, I would indicate namecheap or namesilo.
However also name.com, dynadot, porkbun, namebright have a good reputation.
I would avoid Godaddy and Network Solutions.

•••
I use godaddy, namesilo, namecheap and dynadot.

•••
•••
X.com forwarded to Godaddy before it switched to twitter

•••
I have some really valuable domains ($10K+) which domain registrar is best to keep those safe?

I have no hope for godaddy, epik I was thinking is good but saw some bad news, any recommendations?
For safeguarding valuable domains ($10K+), consider reputable registrars like Namecheap, Google Domains, Hover, Dynadot, or Gandi. Look for strong security features like 2FA, domain locking, and WHOIS privacy protection. Diversifying across multiple registrars can add redundancy and security.

•••
For safeguarding valuable domains ($10K+), consider reputable registrars like Namecheap, Google Domains, Hover, Dynadot, or Gandi. Look for strong security features like 2FA, domain locking, and WHOIS privacy protection. Diversifying across multiple registrars can add redundancy and security.
Google Domains doesn't exist anymore.
I trust my most valuable domains to Dynadot.

•••
They're not exactly a new registrar. They have been around for 8 years and have about 10 million domains under management. I believe Google is the #5 registrar by .com domains under management. They have also just been sold to Squarespace.
Your information about the ranking and recent acquisition by Squarespace is also accurate. Google announced the sale of Google Domains to Squarespace in June 2023. However, the acquisition is not yet finalized, and Google Domains continues to operate independently. https://support.google.com/domains/answer/13689670?sjid=2386041536348230401-AP

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back