Dynadot

Would you transfer your valuable domains to blacknight?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bluestorm21

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I need to transfer a few valuable domains I have to Blacknight, but I have never used this registrar before, if you are in my shoes, would you trust them?

I have really no idea about them beside reading some reviews on trustpilot, I need some solid opinions from here, please advice.

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning. My understanding is that they a are a registry in Ireland which is where I am living at the present time. I had all of my domains with another Irish registry which was Hosting Ireland. I found out that Hosting Ireland were not included in the fast transfer facility for Afternic and as such I subsequently transferred all of my names away from the smaller Irish registry. However, I'd suggest that you double check this information as it may have changes and this may or may not be important to you.

Other than that, both registries are ICANN approved so I cannot see any issues with that but there are some 'connection to Ireland' requirements if you have or are to register any dot.IE domains.

I hope that this has been useful to you.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
Good morning. My understanding is that they a are a registry in Ireland which is where I am living at the present time. I had all of my domains with another Irish registry which was Hosting Ireland. I found out that Hosting Ireland were not included in the fast transfer facility for Afternic and as such I subsequently transferred all of my names away from the smaller Irish registry. However, I'd suggest that you double check this information as it may have changes and this may or may not be important to you.

Other than that, both registries are ICANN approved so I cannot see any issues with that but there are some 'connection to Ireland' requirements if you have or are to register any dot.IE domains.

I hope that this has been useful to you.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg
Hi Reddstagg,

The Afternic fast transfer is not a big deal for me at the moment, I'm just looking for a safe registrar that has the cheapest transfer cost

I appreciate your answering.

•••
I have had to move my names about 4 times over the years due to registrars going bust various reasons. Cheapest here isn't cheapest eg i have plenty of issues with largest provider but it also offers best aftermarket for certain niches so you learn and work out which marketplaces closes best of keyword or advertises higher and price accordingly to platform. Don't let reps under guise of brokers knock you down. I never used this company nor ever heard feedback about it my experience is from life not from their site.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back