Dynadot

Best books for learning HTML and Web Dev?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm trying to learn coding and web development, specifically as it pertains to WP. At this point, I'm not interested in the design element, just being able to tweak, fix, or add-to existing code. What books would you recommend? Mostly everything I've come across seems to focus on setting up a blog, all of the basic UI stuff which I get, it's the backend and coding I want to become more proficient at.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My favorite are the numerous ebooks that keep popping up on Kindle for free download. A number of these are great authors with great skills but want to introduce you to their expensive titles by getting one for free. Found a guy the other day whose book on HTML5 was free but on Javascript was almost $10 and both were absolutely worth it!

•••
I never learn coding website through book, because what works for me is just take copy of a website I like and try to mess with the codes.

When it come to WP, always refer to their codex, one of the most complete software documentation ever.

•••
•••
Learn from online documents at w3.org.

Just make sure to avoid w3schools.
Check http://www.w3fools.com for details

•••
If you're serious about learning web development, web design, database, programming, etc. you should do yourself a favor and sign up at teamtreehouse.com

I'm in no way affiliated with them but am just a very satisfied customer. They provide learning tracks with instructional videos that are easy to follow and you learn at your own pace. The service is not free, however the prices are very reasonable, and if you're a college student you can get the membership for $9/month (they don't advertise this promo so you'll have to email them and inquire).

I've looked at the vast free resources available on the internet but I look at it like this: All the information I need is in one organized place, and the time saved from sifting through endless search results to find what I'm looking for is no question worth it. Hands down, this is the best way to learn.

•••
Yes look at O'Reilly Book : oreilly.com/css-html/

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Or if you speak french openclassroom.com

•••
To learn HTML or HTML 5 Not any book good for you because is its regularly updated and not find in your book. the best idea to learn html is go through the website w3 school

•••
w3 is the most popular for web design for hand work

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back