Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Best books for learning HTML and Web Dev?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

JayA

Established Member
Impact
13
I'm trying to learn coding and web development, specifically as it pertains to WP. At this point, I'm not interested in the design element, just being able to tweak, fix, or add-to existing code. What books would you recommend? Mostly everything I've come across seems to focus on setting up a blog, all of the basic UI stuff which I get, it's the backend and coding I want to become more proficient at.

Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Forum is good place for learning these kind of stuffs.

Try joining any programming/coding forum, participate there regularly, you would learn a lot of thing..
 
0
•••
Used books on eBay from sellers like the Goodwill are gold mines. I acquire what used to be a $50 text book for $2-3!

Another suggestion are tutorial videos that are available. Some like TutsPlus are costly but many can be found on places like Youtube free of charge.

When learning any of this, the best advice I have been given is practice, no matter what tool you're using. None of it will work until you put it into practice. I am self-taught on HTML and am starting to learn SQL right now.
 
0
•••
Learn the very basics first. Then learn only what you need to get stuff done. Carve out your skills based on need. Don't cram your head full of stuff that you're not going to use this week/month. Learn as you go and build upon experience. Even great coders need a handy reference.
 
0
•••
Ask Google, he is our friend. :) Or go to Amazon and take a look. There are really amazing books. :)
 
0
•••
When I first tried to learn, I learned from W3School and Google search.

I preferred you not to buy any book for it. Just type your problem in Google and you will find many solutions related to that problem.
 
0
•••
My favorite are the numerous ebooks that keep popping up on Kindle for free download. A number of these are great authors with great skills but want to introduce you to their expensive titles by getting one for free. Found a guy the other day whose book on HTML5 was free but on Javascript was almost $10 and both were absolutely worth it!
 
0
•••
I never learn coding website through book, because what works for me is just take copy of a website I like and try to mess with the codes.

When it come to WP, always refer to their codex, one of the most complete software documentation ever.
 
0
•••
I learn from w3schools
 
0
•••
Learn from online documents at w3.org.

Just make sure to avoid w3schools.
Check http://www.w3fools.com for details
 
0
•••
If you're serious about learning web development, web design, database, programming, etc. you should do yourself a favor and sign up at teamtreehouse.com

I'm in no way affiliated with them but am just a very satisfied customer. They provide learning tracks with instructional videos that are easy to follow and you learn at your own pace. The service is not free, however the prices are very reasonable, and if you're a college student you can get the membership for $9/month (they don't advertise this promo so you'll have to email them and inquire).

I've looked at the vast free resources available on the internet but I look at it like this: All the information I need is in one organized place, and the time saved from sifting through endless search results to find what I'm looking for is no question worth it. Hands down, this is the best way to learn.
 
0
•••
Yes look at O'Reilly Book : oreilly.com/css-html/

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Or if you speak french openclassroom.com
 
0
•••
To learn HTML or HTML 5 Not any book good for you because is its regularly updated and not find in your book. the best idea to learn html is go through the website w3 school
 
0
•••
w3 is the most popular for web design for hand work
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back