Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Best Aftermarket 2021

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Who was the best for you in 2021 when it came to buying and selling domain names? Best Aftermarket for 2021

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think park.io , doesn't allows us to list domains

•••
my best selling place in 2021 on afternic.com

•••
I said Brandbucket with 2 sales this year .
But I got to say my 1st sale with Alter this year was a super easy ,fast and hassle free experience. Cheers.

•••
Voted Afternic because they brought in the highest number of sales this year for me despite using Dan landers.

•••
•••
Most people have never heard of DAN or SEDO, so they will go to a popular registrar like GoDaddy (which non domainers have heard of) and search for a domain
I would imagine most non domainers in U.S.A. go to Google and choose one of the top ten results (or one of the Google ads):
  1. domains.google,
  2. godaddy.com,
  3. domain.com,
  4. namecheap.com,
  5. support.google.com,
  6. mailchimp.com,
  7. bluehost.com,
  8. wpbeginner.com ( 1 ),
  9. wpbeginner.com ( 2 ),
  10. pcmag.com
But I could be wrong.

•••
Voted Afternic because they brought in the highest number of sales this year for me despite using Dan landers.
Good reply. Decision based on performance.

•••
I would imagine most non domainers in U.S.A. go to Google and choose one of the top ten results (or one of the Google ads):
  1. domains.google,
  2. godaddy.com,
  3. domain.com,
  4. namecheap.com,
  5. support.google.com,
  6. mailchimp.com,
  7. bluehost.com,
  8. wpbeginner.com ( 1 ),
  9. wpbeginner.com ( 2 ),
  10. pcmag.com
But I could be wrong.

That's is why Afternic is the best, it puts your domains on all the top domain registrar sites

Last edited:
•••
Dan 36
Afternic 31
Sedo 8
Brandbucket 3
Alter 2
Epik 2
Namecheap 2
Uni 2
Flippa 1
Squadhelp 1
Namesilo 0

95 voters
1 week left

•••
None is the best, because none is good. Sedo landing pages consist of logo and cookie warning. Dan pages don't resolve unless you wait too long. Afternic doesn't require landing, and it is just a site for transferring leads from Godaddy, endusers don't visit AN. For me, this year, in terms of volume (total money amount) AN was the best. Does this mean I should park at AN: Not sure,.. maybe I would because others suck.. Epik, Namesilo, Dynadot also worked in the past but probably in exceptional situations only:
meaning, there is a motivated buyer, and that buyer hired an agent,,.. and that agent can buy from any marketplace. Not sure if parking there would work, for example if something goes wrong, how can I know it, because not many people are parking there. For example at Dynadot "buy" link doesn't work at the moment. Looks like marketplaces are designed for domain investors, not for endusers. Endusers go to their registrar and hire an agent at their registrar. Usually we can't know if buying price and selling price are the same or not. I mean, there may be more than one commission, and one of them can be unreasonably high (or may be reasonable but not in good proportion: for example, buyer says I can pay 10K, seller's asking price is 100 ready for instant transfer, what is agent supposed to do in this case, negotiate with seller, and after alarming the seller make him change his asking price to 20K and kill the sale. this is a gray area in terms of ethics. But if the agent knows, domain can be purchased for 1K, and tells the buyer 10K would be accepted, this would be in black area).

I prefer to sell directly at registrar level, because it is instant, and if there is a price, that price will expire together with the domain. Elsewhere (Dan, Sedo, AN) usually I don't add a price, because if domain expires, I can sell a domain I don't own. We should be allowed to decide for how long our price will be valid.
AN has some good aspects,.. we add a price when there is a lead (real or fake), maybe lead comes form an agent, but eventually endusers may see that price.. And they don't accept the price and make us wait for weeks for payment. If not paid, it is not sold. ...Managing prices is extremely time consuming, and marketplaces can simplify this process but they don't (ordering listings with price, most have 0 as price:make offer, but which ones are nonzero, they are hard to locate). .. Unless you refresh listings everyday buy uploading a new csv file.

Last edited:
•••
None is the best, because none is good. Sedo landing pages consist of logo and cookie warning. Dan pages don't resolve unless you wait too long. Afternic doesn't require landing, and it is just a site for transferring leads from Godaddy, endusers don't visit AN. For me, this year, in terms of volume (total money amount) AN was the best. Does this mean I should park at AN: Not sure,.. maybe I would because others suck.. Epik, Namesilo, Dynadot also worked in the past but probably in exceptional situations only:
meaning, there is a motivated buyer, and that buyer hired an agent,,.. and that agent can buy from any marketplace. Not sure if parking there would work, for example if something goes wrong, how can I know it, because not many people are parking there. For example at Dynadot "buy" link doesn't work at the moment. Looks like marketplaces are designed for domain investors, not for endusers. Endusers go to their registrar and hire an agent at their registrar. Usually we can't know if buying price and selling price are the same or not. I mean, there may be more than one commission, and one of them can be unreasonably high (or may be reasonable but not in good proportion: for example, buyer says I can pay 10K, seller's asking price is 100 ready for instant transfer, what is agent supposed to do in this case, negotiate with seller, and after alarming the seller make him change his asking price to 20K and kill the sale. this is a gray area in terms of ethics. But if the agent knows, domain can be purchased for 1K, and tells the buyer 10K would be accepted, this would be in black area).

I prefer to sell directly at registrar level, because it is instant, and if there is a price, that price will expire together with the domain. Elsewhere (Dan, Sedo, AN) usually I don't add a price, because if domain expires, I can sell a domain I don't own. We should be allowed to decide for how long our price will be valid.
AN has some good aspects,.. we add a price when there is a lead (real or fake), maybe lead comes form an agent, but eventually endusers may see that price.. And they don't accept the price and make us wait for weeks for payment. If not paid, it is not sold. ...Managing prices is extremely time consuming, and marketplaces can simplify this process but they don't (ordering listings with price, most have 0 as price:make offer, but which ones are nonzero, they are hard to locate). .. Unless you refresh listings everyday buy uploading a new csv file.
Wow lots of interesting and useful topics in your post. Have you considered to start a blog and include related advertisements? I notice that most of the aftermarkets publish regular blogs in which they promote their products. Subscribing to the blog mailing lists of the aftermarkets is a good idea. Get the news as it gets published. By the way I've never heard of AN. What is the link please mate? Couldn't find it on Google under " an domain names " or anything else. Cheers brother.

•••
No blog. I prefer to sell all and quit.
AN=AfterNic.

•••
AN=AfterNic.
Ha ha now I feel really dumb. Other Namepros members: You are dumb mate. Redemo: Merry Christmas everyone.

•••
•••
For selling Dan
For buying: GoDaddy

•••
hello..
you listed at afternic and using Dan landers,

do you set Buy Now at afternic and make offer at Dan?

or set make offer at afternic and Buy Now at Dan?

•••
hello..
you listed at afternic and using Dan landers,

do you set Buy Now at afternic and make offer at Dan?

or set make offer at afternic and Buy Now at Dan?
I set Bin at both then make offer at Sedo and Uni

Last edited:
•••
Afternic, because it gives you more exposure to end users by listing your domain on all the popular registrars
indeed. My 3 automotive related domains earlier listed at dan.com never got sold, but after moving to afternic, 2 of them got sold in next 8-9 months. there was good exposure to them, considering they were listed at godaddy and its partner registrars.

•••
1641476599987.png

•••
Best aftermarket means nothing.
It could be different:
For selling through landers or not.
For buying

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back