Dynadot

discuss Benefits of SedoMLS while already using Afternic Premium Network

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Future Sensors

78% of human domainers will be replaced by robotsTop Member
Impact
Happy New Year to all!

I'm using Porkbun as registrar and list my domains on the following marketplaces:
  1. Afternic Premium Network with fast transfer (passive listings)
  2. DAN (active landers)
  3. Alter (active landers)
  4. Sedo (passive listings)
  5. Efty (passive listings)
Registrar Porkbun is part of the Afternic Premium Network, but is not part of the SedoMLS network. So now I'm thinking of moving part of my domains to Dynadot, which is part of -both- Afternic Premium Network -and- SedoMLS.

I'd like to estimate in advance whether this will increase my sales opportunities in the registrar path, due to some additional registrars that are included in SedoMLS network, but not in the Afternic Premium Network. Possibly some registrars in Asia. It would be nice if someone could advise on this. Even if the advice is to just keep it as it is, because the benefits of SedoMLS (while I already use Afternic Premium Network) are very small. Basically I'm not just looking for more registrars, I'm very satisfied with Porkbun. I will only consider it if it provides an advantage over the distribution among registrars.

Overview of Afternic Premium Network partners:
https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network

Overview of SedoMLS Network partners:
https://sedo.com/us/what-we-offer/registrar-services/sedomls-premium-for-registrars/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are happy with PorkBun, I'd say don't change registrar just because of Sedo Premium. I have like 300 names with Sedo MLS, and there is no difference whatsoever in sales (comparing Regular (mainly before 60 days lock) / MLS). Won't say for all, but for me personally so far it doesn't work (however you do get views, that's true). If there will be sales and I change my opinion (I didn't pay any attention to Sedo MLS until like 8 months ago) - I'll PM you.

•••
You should be aware that, when you enable either MLS or Premium, in theory your domains move automatically away from your account.

Now -assuming that you want to enable both networks on the same domain- imagine if that happened on a domain that was sold via both networks. That would mark either of your sales accounts as not trustworthy.

Personally, I never use both networks on the same domain so, using just Afternic is more than fine imo.

Just as VadimK said, if you are happy with your current registrar it makes sense to stay there.

•••
I was always wondering about this issue.

In an hypothetical condition, If someone happens to enable both sedoMLS and Afternic with the same price.

So which one would it show in dynadot? Because it supports both. Either Afternic or Sedo?

If someone hit the BIN in dynadot, Which marketplace would this sale go?

Say, We have a domain registered in Namesilo. Listed with a BIN in Afternic and Enabled SedoMLS.

In Dynadot, which listing would it show? Hope you understand.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
•••

In an hypothetical condition, If someone happens to enable both sedoMLS and Afternic with the same price.

So which one would it show in dynadot? Because it supports both. Either Afternic or Sedo?

Say, We have a domain registered in Namesilo. Listed with a BIN in Afternic and Enabled SedoMLS.

Thanks for your time.

I don't think you can sell domains on Dynadot Marketplace that are registered outside of Dynadot. So, if you registered with Namesilo, your name won't be shown on Dynadot's search, no matter if you are with Afternic, MLS Sedo or both.
In turn, if you ARE registered with Dynadot, then you can sell in Afternic, Sedo MLS and their own market (where you just set any price you want).

•••
It will show in their registrar path.
Here is an example. Resolution.xyz curently in Namesilo. But its showing price due to Afternic BIN listing.

1641984531029.png

•••
It will show in their registrar path.
Here is an example. Resolution.xyz curently in Namesilo. But its showing price due to Afternic BIN listing.

Show attachment 207836

Ah, ok. Then, I guess an easy way to find out is to put different prices at Afternic and Sedo, and see what's reflected on Dynadot.

•••
from my experience the Sedo MLS improved a lot these last 2 years,
and most of my sales come from Afternic and Sedo with a 50-50 split
and i would recommend to anybody to move them to a registrar who get you listed on both network:

here is a list of registrar that are on both Afternic & Sedo Network:
Dynadot
NameSilo
NetworkSolutions
ENOM
Name.com
Register
Tucows

and if you park your domain on Sedo, the commission is a little lower

•••
Hi guys. I want to sell some of my domains but I'm completely new to it. I'm curious if I can list my domains on Sedo and Afternic at the same time? I have to prove my ownership by pointing nameservers. Can I point nameservers to Sedo's and Afternic's at the same time?

•••
Nick, welcome to the forum. Yes, you can list on both the Sedo and Afternic forums at the same time. And to prove ownership, there are texts that can be inserted into your record for this (e.g CName record). You could do the verification for the one, and then change the domain record again with the self-verification text for the other. For proving ownership, I found it easier to simply remove the privacy at least temporarily while I was setting up the different domain marketplaces and then trying different listing strategies.
The pros here may wish to weigh in with other strategies.

Last edited:
•••

Thanks for your time.
Point. 👍
This objection should be cleared.

•••
In my opinion, Afternic's network is more than enough.

•••
You should be aware that, when you enable either MLS or Premium, in theory your domains move automatically away from your account.

Now -assuming that you want to enable both networks on the same domain- imagine if that happened on a domain that was sold via both networks. That would mark either of your sales accounts as not trustworthy.

Personally, I never use both networks on the same domain so, using just Afternic is more than fine imo.

Just as VadimK said, if you are happy with your current registrar it makes sense to stay the

In my opinion, Afternic's network is more than enough.
I'm curious on Namepros if there are other folks that only use Afternic, and primarily using the Fast Transfer. Since this does supposedly increase the potential buyers 3x higher than the regular Afternic, sure seems like it should cover much of the world for exposure!

•••
I'm curious on Namepros if there are other folks that only use Afternic, and primarily using the Fast Transfer. Since this does supposedly increase the potential buyers 3x higher than the regular Afternic, sure seems like it should cover much of the world for exposure!
In my experience, Afternic's fast transfer covers more ground than Sedo's. Which is why the best setup for me is to list everywhere, have my landing page at either Dan or Afternic's ns5/ns6 but use just one fast transfer which in this case is Afternic.

•••
and i would recommend to anybody to move them to a registrar who get you listed on both network:

Dynadot
NameSilo
NetworkSolutions
ENOM
Name.com
Register
Tucows

Do you use BIN on both or testing some on each?

•••

Dynadot
NameSilo
NetworkSolutions
ENOM
Name.com
Register
Tucows

I'm totally agree with you @UncleBrand! I registered with a couple of Registrars at the beginning of my journey and I started my listing with Dan. Now, I feel lucky to have chosen NameSilo for 75% of my domain names. Sedo and Afternic have both a partnership with this old school Registrar.

@DNGear, I recently tried to explain your concern (and obviously mine too) about how it works when the domain is opt-in both Sedo and Afternic... Sedo support never understood my question, lol. So i'll figure it out by myself.

I would like to add that not all extensions are eligible for Fast-transfer via Afternic. Per example, if you want to sell .xyz, use SedoMLS too. :xf.wink:

So, I think we have to considered both of them and all the possibilities in our marketing strategy to sell more.

Capture d’écran, le 2022-04-07 à 18.37.11.png

•••

Thanks for your time.
Usually go to sedo when the extension isn't .com,.net, .org, .co or .biz. So ,lets say for .xyz with same BIN price at registrar path, sales go to Sedo MLS, cause afternic doesn't include .xyz for fast transfer services.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back