Dynadot

guide Becoming A Freelance Designer – How I Built My First Design Client List

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I know I’ve mentioned this a few times in some of my articles over the years, but I wanted to focus on it a bit more with a dedicated article on the topic by itself. If you are looking to get started in digital design, have the inner gift of creativity, and the skill-sets to bring your imagination to life on paper or a computer screen, this article should be able to get you pointed in the right direction.
Like with anything new to us in life, there is a learning curve. It takes time and dedication to learn a new design software, so be sure to start by Googling related free tutorials for the software you have chosen to start with. Most (If not all) design software’s have a following of designers that like to share their experience and accomplishment’s freely via tutorials, so it should be easy to locate free tips and tricks.
Once you have mastered the art of design contests and built your client list big enough, eventually, you will start to see direct contact custom orders from the contest holders that loved your work so much, they want to work with you exclusively. It’s at this point that you can pat yourself on the back and start to make changes in your business plan to expand into a more one-on-one service orientated business model.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Back