Dynadot

advice Be Careful Buying Expired Domains from GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
...and then trying to list them on the same site.

Evidently, it's okay for Go Daddy to sell expiring blatant trademark infringing domains, but if YOU list a generic domain that you BOUGHT from their expiring auctions, they'll run it through some kind of program and if it even has a whiff (translation = bogus] of TM, they'll yank it.

You have no recourse.

Thanks to Joe Styler who tried to get my domain reinstated but was not successful.

See

(No ads)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
UPDATE:

I heard from Joe Styler, Aftermarket Product Manager at Go Daddy.

According to him, any expiring domains now sold on the auction platform have been run through a trademark check, so they should be "clean."

This doesn't address what happens when a trademark on a term is awarded after the domain has been acquired; I doubt very much if such a tool will make that distinction.

I expect that I (and others) will be receiving more of the "not eligible" email for several of our older listed domains.

I updated my comments on Scamful and raised some more important issues regarding this policy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back