NameSilo

discuss Bad Form to Discuss Virus / Pandemic Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've not been around for awhile and I have a question about the current situation. I know we've all bought some related domain names, and GoDaddy is full of them for sale ($2,499 for CoronaCrisis.com). But I see no ongoing discussions in here? No one listing what they own... Is this considered to be in bad form? We all know Crisis sells...it's human nature. It brings out the best in humanity (the Quarantine Humor is awesome all over the Internet) and the worst in Humanity (a 10 oz bottle of Purell for 99.95???) but it Crisis/Disaster brings eyeballs and news and people want to see it and read about it. I'd think good current crisis domain names are going to sell, right? Is it just not kosher to talk about it or what names we've bought? I just bought some good ones (I think) and expected to see a lot of discussing about it going on here, but don't. Just wondering why...

My favorite crisis humor clip...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Fortnight, thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for! I did use the search, but evidentially misspelled something (I do that quite often...paid for two domain names I can't use as I spelled them wrong) or didn't search the right thing. The only two threads I found were not that full...one was closed to posting and the other was talking about how you can't sell such names on the registrars (but you can now on Go Daddy, cause there's a ton of them).

I don't see most of the domain names as current sells, but more as post domains. What we are going through is history with a capital H. It's never happened before, and hopefully it doesn't ever happen again in any of our, or our children's or our grandchildren's or great grands lives for that matter!

But with that being said, what's happening in the world now is going to be written about, talked about, fumed over, devoured by the future, near future and far future. I predict whole books are going to be written about it and see dozens and dozens of sites popping up all over the world talking about it, what happened, why it happened, who caused it, what could we have done better, what went wrong, what, who, why, where, when, how long, ..etc, etc. etc... The net will be full of sites with both trying to answer these questions and more. The one thing many of those sites will have have in common is the need to have related domain names.

I'm not buying related domain names to take advantage of people's misfortune, but rather I'm hoping to take advantage of people's interest in the post "story" of the CoronaVirus and the Quarantine, the Pandemic Path and the Global Viral Crisis, the Viral Humor that arose from it and the Pandemic Smackdown and how it happened...! The recovery, the post pandemic story... that sort of thing, those sort of domain names! No matter how you slice it, this is an enormous historical event and is going to be in the human conscientiousness for a long time to come!

Can't wait to see how it all ends (sooner then later I hope) or for the movie to come out.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Fortnite, that is exactly what I was looking for. I see that I am extremely late to the table. Reading the posts and discussions and all kept me up half the night. Very informative and enjoyable. It was especially interesting to read the early Jan. comments and then see the discussion progress through the days and weeks of the pandemic.

being nearly 3 months behind I'm amazed I've been able to find a few names that I'm happy to have regged, but being as I'm looking at what's happening in terms of history, that could be why. I didn't even look for the obvious. Looking ahead, I bought:

historyofpendemics.com
pandemicpath.com
postviruscrisis.com
coronavirussmackdown.com
globaloptimism.com
viraloptimism.com
crisishumor.com
onceuponavirus.com

•••
@Dustie Glad you found what you were looking for. And I like ur different views and approach on how the names can be used in the future. Many people are taking advantage of the current situation and trying to make a quick buck, but very very few like you are thinking ahead maybe few years ahead or next generation ahead :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back