Dynadot

opinion Bad Days for Domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xbank

xbankTop Member
Impact
Hello,

I notice the recent COVID wave causing a lot of incomplete sales .. I sold 2 names on different platforms and they both not completed the payment.

Sedo I sold 5 names in the last 6 months - 4 different buyers unable to pay.

It seems like we need to hold and stop considering domains @ a virtual real estate investment.

thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
5 name sales failing in the last 6 months cannot mean the virus accounts for all failed sales. Virus only been full blown for 3 months.

I suggest you place BINs if you want to avoid fake offers and time wasters. Many people myself included are having consistent normal sales. Stay positive and concentrate on getting the best names you can. Sales will come, virus or not.

Last edited:
•••
Holding on best names is always a good idea. Keep domains listed on the mainstream marketplaces. Have you considered having your own landing pages and your own marketplace or domain shop where you have control over pricing and lead generation?

•••
@TCK I started to collaborate on the landing pages with a company, currently negotiating a prices on % with them

•••
@TCK I started to collaborate on the landing pages with a company, currently negotiating a prices on % with them

Hope it works out for you. If not, get in touch with me. We can create landing pages for you with 0%, just a base low hosting price, including a domain shop.

Last edited:
•••
@TCK That's great, okay just allow me few days if this deal we went into for few days now not get done, I would love to move the names to you.

•••
4 months no xxxx sale...let's hope for good

•••
This is a fact. Although many people refuse to admit that the volume of transactions is indeed declining and the demand is shrinking. Although some domain names are sold at high prices, the market as a whole is declining. Go to see the transaction price of Sedo, which is declining as a whole.

•••
Yes, and I wonder what kind of sales going fast, I believe the fewer prices names are still being sell-out anything above $1k is taking the time.

•••
Hello,

I notice the recent COVID wave causing a lot of incomplete sales .. I sold 2 names on different platforms and they both not completed the payment.

It seems like we need to hold and stop considering domains @ a virtual real estate investment.

thank you.

I do not agree with your fear mongering message. The domain industry is not at all affected, at least not as bad as the other industries. We still able to complete successful sales without any defaults in payment. Of course, there may be a few stray incidents, that are exceptional and always there in good season too. So, please do not worry. Domain business is intact.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see how uncompleted sale relates to this.

•••
I don't see how uncompleted sale relates to this.

I never had these issues before Cornoa 1 -2 was sometimes okay, but more makes me think that there is something wrong.

•••
I recently had a case of an interested buyer (via outbound) who told me that he would buy the name, but because of pandemic he will not. I am very sure I lost more than one deals because of Covid and I hope some of them return. Difficult days for domaining.

Last edited:
•••
I recently had a case of an interested buyer (via outbound) who told me that he would buy the name, but because of pandemic he will not. I am very sure I lost more than one deals because of Covid and I hope some of them return. Difficult days for domaining.

That's exactly what I meant!!!!!

•••
the only liquid market is AAAAAUSBonds

people just found out stocks are not liquid

and domains trade by appointment, as we

all know -so get out there and make some

appointments ! and some sales ! Yahh ! ! !

Cheers !

•••
I have the same case with some NYC company.
Waiting since March for their better times...

•••
This is a fact. Although many people refuse to admit that the volume of transactions is indeed declining and the demand is shrinking. Although some domain names are sold at high prices, the market as a whole is declining. Go to see the transaction price of Sedo, which is declining as a whole.
I agree. There are more enquiries but less transactions. At least from my end.

•••
I agree. There are more enquiries but less transactions. At least from my end.
The crucial question is for how long this situation will remain. For some months, it would be easy to be controlled for the vast majority of investors, but what if it is permanent? I think that we strongly need a vaccine.

Psychology=Economy
People feel stressed and concerned about many things during pandemic. It's natural. Deal with it and adjust.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

thank you.
depends on several factors...I don't think they are related :)....

•••
you can look at it in two ways the first one is corona made allot of business realize that they have no online presence so allot of them are building there online image with a domain name if they had none or a new one if the old one was bad or you can look at it as everyone is scared shirtless and holding onto there money

very conflicting statements some people are claiming the best year so far while on the other hand some are complaining that they haven't made a sale yet

•••
The crucial question is for how long this situation will remain.
According to IMF forecast - it could take until 2023 for the global economy to return to its pre-coronavirus levels.

Last edited:
•••
Awhhh .. I think many people have Non-Virus names, it's a whole lot of things.

Domains related to health and fitness are on the rise.

Other's have some impact for sure

•••
Domains related to health and fitness are on the rise.
I have domains in this niche as well.
And I don't see any rise... silence or lowball.

•••
•••
I see, and hear from other domainers, mixed signals. Some seem to be selling more, especially in April. Many seem to be seeing more browsing of domain names in certain niches, but not seeing sales close. Some see this as a golden era with more businesses going online only. Some are reporting more failed sales.

On NameBio of last few months it seems to me that there are more sales related to health, delivery, remote education and conferencing. BuyDomains in particular seem to be selling in these niches very regularly. When I tried to use the NameBio classifications though, to get statistics to support that premise, it did not seem definitive (still working on it).

Personally, the time since December has been the slowest over the past two and a half years for me. On DAN it does seem that names related to medical and health are getting viewed more, but that has not translated into sales or even offers, other than a few low value ones to other domainers.

I am hoping to work out some statistical measures of what has happened from January 1 until now.

I did in early April write a NamePros Blog post on the topic and it has an associated poll of what people were reporting at that time.

Bob

•••
Back