Dynadot

discuss Backorder services : DynaDot vs GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,
I'm now focusing in this 2 poor backorder services to get some low-quality names but i think they can be sold in the future. For Pheenix, DropCatch , SnapName and Name Jet : they are too big to discuss in this thread.
- DynaDot :
Friendly for users
Having its own auctions
Having some registrars to catch Pending Delete Name ( DynaDot - Dynadot 17 in ICANN registrar list)
Low fee : only $16.
- GD :
Biggest register
Having its own huge auctions
Having some registrars to catch Pending Delete Name
Higher fee than DynaDot (see GD tariff table below)
1-19 credits - $24.98/ea
20-49 credits - $19.98/ea Save 20%
50-99 credits - $18.73/ea Save 25%
100+ credits - $17.48/ea Save 30%

I prefer GD, because almost my domains have been registered with GD, furthermore, they can be listed on Afternic partner-network - a huge market too sell than DynaDot tiny Auction.
So what do you think ?
Which is best ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also I don't understand why Dyna backorder is NOT prioritized over API-users...
For what service you charge such prices??? If I can beat your backorder easily even via your own API!

We've invested a lot of time and resources in our backorder system. The API is another great option. You can use it, along with your own script or software, to catch dropping domains without paying the backorder fee. That is a feature our customers appreciate and we do not want to lessen its value by prioritizing one service over the other.

•••
Dynadot by far.
-cheaper (both catch and privacy)
-way higher chances of catching domains than GD (I have had dynadot beating pheenix once..just once though)
-way better support
-domains *can* be sold on Afternic and appear on GD's marketplace via the premium network
-discounts when spending a lot via their bulk pricing
-extremely low fees when selling via their own market (just invite the buyer to purchase the domain from there)

honestly, I have just one credit with GD for almost a year and I have yet to catch anything with them

•••
WTH, Dynadot just announced price increases for backorders! $25 now for .com, did they do anything to get better at it? I hate price increases when services haven't been increased with it. I mean when it comes to competing in the drop they're pretty bad, and now they're much less cheaper than superior competitors like Pheenix.

•••
Hello everyone. We wanted to thank you for your input. It has been heard and considered. Increasing the success rate of our API and backorder service is something we continue to work on. We have been adding more Registry connections and will continue to do so whenever possible. Our overall success rate has increased by 20% in the last 6 months. We expect that will continue to grow.

•••
Dynadot, definitely @Dynadot!

Dynadot by far.
-cheaper (both catch and privacy)
-way higher chances of catching domains than GD (I have had dynadot beating pheenix once..just once though)
-way better support
-domains *can* be sold on Afternic and appear on GD's marketplace via the premium network
-discounts when spending a lot via their bulk pricing
-extremely low fees when selling via their own market (just invite the buyer to purchase the domain from there)

honestly, I have just one credit with GD for almost a year and I have yet to catch anything with them

•••
•••
I never used dynadot backorder service but surely it's better then godaddy.

I have a godaddy backorder credit for almost a year now. I tried to get domains that are on godaddy no luck tried getting domains that literally no one wanted and no luck. I think i will never get rid of this credit it's like a curse.

•••
I can reg faster than Godaddy

•••
I don't like their algorithm at all...
Because the higher your speed - the lower your chances to win.../QUOTE]

It's designed to give everyone a chance.

•••
It's is good dynadot parking ?
What You mean by parking ? if You want get something from parking (i mean cash) than it's not right way if You just want park to make landpages to sell or etc than ok.

•••
Dynadot is good for .org/.info only...
GD - no comments.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding Afternic...
Their DLS is fully supported by Dynadot...

•••
You may use their API to save your money...
It produces ~ the same results and for some TLDs (.PRO for example) it beats their backorder almost always.

•••
•••
Dynadot > Personal script > Godaddy

•••
I entered my Tax ID into this field.

•••
WTH, Dynadot just announced price increases for backorders! $25 now for .com, did they do anything to get better at it?
Their TechSupport told me they were expanding the number of servers doing the catching so their catch rate should increase. That being said, they have a very long way to go to catch up with DropCatch, Snapnames and Pheenix. So i wouldn't expect much of an increase in the success rate.

•••
I agree with @WeSell-Domains they need to invest a lot to increase their success rate. Dynadot is a very good registrar but a very small competitor for dropcatching gtld...

•••
Each accredited Registrar has its own limit of queries when accessing Registry...
So it strictly depends on this factor... not on servers.

•••
But theres no credits in my account and it didnt successfully catch any of my backorders, so no idea where mine are
You do need to cancel the previous (failed) backorder before applying the credit to a new backorder.

•••
•••
Hello everyone. We wanted to thank you for your input. It has been heard and considered. Increasing the success rate of our API and backorder service is something we continue to work on. We have been adding more Registry connections and will continue to do so whenever possible. Our overall success rate has increased by 20% in the last 6 months. We expect that will continue to grow.
Hi Team,
We are awaiting your change in the future,
One more factor i think that you must change: your Expired Auction process. Unlike GoDaddy Auctions or Pheenix or DropCatch, when a domain got bid in less than 5 mins, the Auction's time will not reset to 5 mins, it just continue to the end. So to win an auctions, the easiest thing people can do is using proxy bid or bot to bid plus 1$ when the auctions nearly close.
Sometimes, i thought i just bid in the early 2000s Ebay auctions :)
----------------------------
For API system, Dynadot has the best API up to now ( i always using DynaDot and NameSilo API and DynaDot beats NameSilo to catch names all time). But sometimes it gets errors (it takes 20-30s for each error) , i think you should take a look and fix it.

Last edited:
•••
I think Dynadot's bidding system for expired auctions is the best. No reason to waste more time with extensions.

•••
But sometimes it gets errors (it takes 20-30s for each error)
The error usually means they have more requests for registry connections than are available to them. During peak ordering times we all seem to get these errors. Dynadot uses a priority system to decides who gets the connections during peak times. The more you spend with them the more connections and therefore the less errors you get. Last time I checked they want $5000 for their super bulk pricing and highest priority connections. If you have deep pockets but it may be worth it to you.

•••
Also I don't understand why Dyna backorder is NOT prioritized over API-users...
For what service you charge such prices??? If I can beat your backorder easily even via your own API!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back