IT.COM

discuss Backorder services : DynaDot vs GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,
I'm now focusing in this 2 poor backorder services to get some low-quality names but i think they can be sold in the future. For Pheenix, DropCatch , SnapName and Name Jet : they are too big to discuss in this thread.
- DynaDot :
Friendly for users
Having its own auctions
Having some registrars to catch Pending Delete Name ( DynaDot - Dynadot 17 in ICANN registrar list)
Low fee : only $16.
- GD :
Biggest register
Having its own huge auctions
Having some registrars to catch Pending Delete Name
Higher fee than DynaDot (see GD tariff table below)
1-19 credits - $24.98/ea
20-49 credits - $19.98/ea Save 20%
50-99 credits - $18.73/ea Save 25%
100+ credits - $17.48/ea Save 30%

I prefer GD, because almost my domains have been registered with GD, furthermore, they can be listed on Afternic partner-network - a huge market too sell than DynaDot tiny Auction.
So what do you think ?
Which is best ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WTH, Dynadot just announced price increases for backorders! $25 now for .com, did they do anything to get better at it?
Their TechSupport told me they were expanding the number of servers doing the catching so their catch rate should increase. That being said, they have a very long way to go to catch up with DropCatch, Snapnames and Pheenix. So i wouldn't expect much of an increase in the success rate.

•••
I agree with @WeSell-Domains they need to invest a lot to increase their success rate. Dynadot is a very good registrar but a very small competitor for dropcatching gtld...

•••
I have a godaddy backorder credit for almost a year now. I tried to get domains that are on godaddy no luck tried getting domains that literally no one wanted and no luck. I think i will never get rid of this credit it's like a curse.
:ROFL:
I can relate. I've had several unsuccessful attempts over a year's time. In fact I'm trying to catch a .me tonight. I'll update if successful. The worst of it is I don't really need/want the name, I just want to use up the credit.
:facepalm:

•••
Hey guys,
What's about Pheenix Super Saver ( 20.99$ each) compare with DynaDot Backorder ($24.99 each) ?
Which is more powerful ?

•••
Hey guys,
What's about Pheenix Super Saver ( 20.99$ each) compare with DynaDot Backorder ($24.99 each) ?
Which is more powerful ?
I think pheenix is faster than dynadot.
But the problem with pheenix is their public auctions...
I dont use them as i have special conditions with snapnames which is faster...

•••
I think pheenix is faster than dynadot.
But the problem with pheenix is their public auctions...
I dont use them as i have special conditions with snapnames which is faster...
Pheenix only brings their catched domains on Auctions if there are more than 2 bids for this name, right ?
If yes, it's the same with DynaDot, Drop Catch and NameJet policies.

•••
Pheenix only brings their catched domains on Auctions if there are more than 2 bids for this name, right ?
If yes, it's the same with DynaDot, Drop Catch and NameJet policies.
for dynadot i dont know
for dropcatch yes
for namejet, auction is private
with pheenix it seems that some users seems to have fake bidders...

•••
Dynadot can't be compared with Pheenix at all, except .ORG

•••
Their TechSupport told me they were expanding the number of servers doing the catching so their catch rate should increase. That being said, they have a very long way to go to catch up with DropCatch, Snapnames and Pheenix. So i wouldn't expect much of an increase in the success rate.
Pheenix has a few times more pocket registrars...

Last edited:
•••
Each accredited Registrar has its own limit of queries when accessing Registry...
So it strictly depends on this factor... not on servers.

•••
I dont like godaddy backorder service because i have to pay before they even attempt to catch the domain, and if they dont catch the domain i dont get the money back. People say you get your credit back but its never happened with me.

•••
You absolutely do get the credit back at GoDaddy. You might have multiple credits available just sitting there.

To be clear, it's a backorder credit, not a cash credit.

Last edited:
•••
You may apply these credits on GoDaddy's expired domains...
Just backorder them...

•••
You absolutely do get the credit back at GoDaddy. You might have multiple credits available just sitting there.

To be clear, it's a backorder credit, not a cash credit.

But theres no credits in my account and it didnt successfully catch any of my backorders, so no idea where mine are

•••
How many backorders you can place?
1, 5, 10???
Each backorder = 1 backorder credit.

And as already said above - use them on GoDaddy's expired domains if it can't catch the domains from another registrars...

•••
But theres no credits in my account and it didnt successfully catch any of my backorders, so no idea where mine are
You do need to cancel the previous (failed) backorder before applying the credit to a new backorder.

•••
You do need to cancel the previous (failed) backorder before applying the credit to a new backorder.

How do i do that? I dont see anything in my account about cancelling the backorder. It just keeps trying to sell me credits

•••
•••
•••
So what you want from GoDaddy if you have 0 credits???

•••
•••
GO Daddy is good

faber_college_seal.gif

•••
If you want to save your money, you can try www.70ym.com. The 75CNY($12) beats dynadot and godaddy.

•••
If you want to save your money, you can try www.70ym.com. The 75CNY($12) beats dynadot and godaddy.
I mean drop catching win ratio. The 75CNY($12) beats dynadot and godaddy.

•••
Dynadot increased their backorder price, and here's the result, really really bad services.:ROFL:

noncarbon.com 2017/09/10 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
alexcomputer.com 2017/09/10 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
wheellab.com 2017/09/10 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
bioretail.com 2017/09/10 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
flamingice.com 2017/09/09 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
civicsafety.com 2017/09/09 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
ecotempo.com 2017/09/09 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
originalmarket.com 2017/09/09 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
primerealtors.com 2017/09/09 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
allocafe.com 2017/09/08 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
deltasand.com 2017/09/08 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
premiumheating.com 2017/09/07 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
wheelyclean.com 2017/09/07 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
gourmetvillage.com 2017/09/06 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
belltrading.com 2017/09/05 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
steelhaven.com 2017/09/05 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
premiumsoda.com 2017/09/03 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
xpertoffice.com 2017/09/03 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
cobico.com 2017/09/03 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
sologreen.com 2017/09/02 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
gazonline.com 2017/09/02 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
gardeningmart.com 2017/09/01 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed
highpr.com 2017/09/01 10:45 Privacy Added:No Success
floralpros.com 2017/09/01 10:45 Privacy Added:No Success

autodragon.com 2017/09/01 10:45 Privacy Added:No Failed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back