Dynadot

discuss Backorder services : DynaDot vs GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,
I'm now focusing in this 2 poor backorder services to get some low-quality names but i think they can be sold in the future. For Pheenix, DropCatch , SnapName and Name Jet : they are too big to discuss in this thread.
- DynaDot :
Friendly for users
Having its own auctions
Having some registrars to catch Pending Delete Name ( DynaDot - Dynadot 17 in ICANN registrar list)
Low fee : only $16.
- GD :
Biggest register
Having its own huge auctions
Having some registrars to catch Pending Delete Name
Higher fee than DynaDot (see GD tariff table below)
1-19 credits - $24.98/ea
20-49 credits - $19.98/ea Save 20%
50-99 credits - $18.73/ea Save 25%
100+ credits - $17.48/ea Save 30%

I prefer GD, because almost my domains have been registered with GD, furthermore, they can be listed on Afternic partner-network - a huge market too sell than DynaDot tiny Auction.
So what do you think ?
Which is best ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot by far.
-cheaper (both catch and privacy)
-way higher chances of catching domains than GD (I have had dynadot beating pheenix once..just once though)
-way better support
-domains *can* be sold on Afternic and appear on GD's marketplace via the premium network
-discounts when spending a lot via their bulk pricing
-extremely low fees when selling via their own market (just invite the buyer to purchase the domain from there)

honestly, I have just one credit with GD for almost a year and I have yet to catch anything with them

•••
Dynadot by far.
-way higher chances of catching domains than GD (I have had dynadot beating pheenix once..just once though)
-way better support
-domains *can* be sold on Afternic and appear on GD's marketplace via the premium network
-extremely low fees when selling via their own market (just invite the buyer to purchase the domain from there)

honestly, I have just one credit with GD for almost a year and I have yet to catch anything with them
Thanks @Hypersot, your experience is great :).
I checked again so the domains registered in Dynadot can be listed in Afternic partner-network ( to fellows who want to find Afternic partner-network, you can access this link https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network )
I heard how terrible GD backorder was before, but i can't image it didn't catch any names like you mentioned.
Today i tried to work with Dynadot : they catched 1 over 5 domains, 2 other belong to DropCtach, and the last 1 belong to Pheenix and 1 NameJet.

•••
Dynadot is good for .org/.info only...
GD - no comments.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding Afternic...
Their DLS is fully supported by Dynadot...

•••
Dynadot, definitely @Dynadot!

Dynadot by far.
-way better support

•••
use a discount code when you buy a godaddy backorder

•••
Dear Quang,

Thank you for choosing Dynadot as your domain registrar. We wanted to let you know that we will be raising backorder prices starting on 9/1/17 00:00 PDT (UTC -7). Our new prices will be:

TLD New Price
.BIZ $24.99
.BLACK $24.99
.BLUE $24.99
.CC $39.99
.CO $39.99
.COM $24.99
.IO $64.99
.KIM $24.99
.MOBI $24.99
.NET $24.99
.ORG $24.99
.PRO $24.99
.PROMO $24.99
.TV $39.99
.US $24.99

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

Best,
Team Dynadot
dynadot.com

Now it's turn for Dynadot to increase their prices :xf.cry:

•••
$25 for a "low-quality" domain name doesn't sound like much of a deal. Probably better to wait and check the expired lists if you really want to round out your domain name collection with names you think are low quality.

•••
$25 for a "low-quality" domain name doesn't sound like much of a deal. Probably better to wait and check the expired lists if you really want to round out your domain name collection with names you think are low quality.
yes, but it takes more time and i must research twice ( one for back order and the other one for reg on Dropped List). I'm trying to catch the domains by cheap backorder services, so that i can save my time.

•••
You may use their API to save your money...
It produces ~ the same results and for some TLDs (.PRO for example) it beats their backorder almost always.

•••
It produces ~ the same results and for some TLDs (.PRO for example) it beats their backorder almost always.
What's API, bro ? Could you share me their main website link?
I'm focusing .COM only, and i'm using SnapName/NameJet/Pheenix/DynaDot.
Any else?
DynaDot is the cheapest i know up to now.

•••
•••
Dear Quang,

Thank you for choosing Dynadot as your domain registrar. We wanted to let you know that we will be raising backorder prices starting on 9/1/17 00:00 PDT (UTC -7). Our new prices will be:

TLD New Price
.BIZ $24.99
.BLACK $24.99
.BLUE $24.99
.CC $39.99
.CO $39.99
.COM $24.99
.IO $64.99
.KIM $24.99
.MOBI $24.99
.NET $24.99
.ORG $24.99
.PRO $24.99
.PROMO $24.99
.TV $39.99
.US $24.99

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

Best,
Team Dynadot
dynadot.com

Now it's turn for Dynadot to increase their prices :xf.cry:

ofc they did, they're doing well aren't they? :/

I can never understand this in the domain industry; the better a business does, the more they increase their services' prices...
Shouldn't they actually drop the prices when they have more people (aka,. more money pouring in) using their services?

•••
ofc they did, they're doing well aren't they? :/

I can never understand this in the domain industry; the better a business does, the more they increase their services' prices...
Shouldn't they actually drop the prices when they have more people (aka,. more money pouring in) using their services?
Sadly NO. The increasing prices of their competitor let them decided this process. Now the costs are higher than before and maybe higher in the future.

•••
Sadly NO. The increasing prices of their competitor let them decided this process. Now the costs are higher than before and maybe higher in the future.

Well, the same goes for their competitors who they also are having success.

I do agree on prices going higher in the future though.

•••
WTH, Dynadot just announced price increases for backorders! $25 now for .com, did they do anything to get better at it? I hate price increases when services haven't been increased with it. I mean when it comes to competing in the drop they're pretty bad, and now they're much less cheaper than superior competitors like Pheenix.

•••

agreed, I have found that with .us names too. But that is only because the drop process for these extensions isn't as spread out like the more popular extensions. You can pretty much peg a .pro or .us drop to within 3 minute window. With the new gtld names I have it down to about a 1 minute window. I mean I just use the url in my browser and refresh as fast as possible, but I don't want to do that for more than 3-4 minutes.

•••
Drop window for .PRO is up to 30 min.
They are deleting by Afilias together with .info in a single operation...

•••
I mean I just use the url in my browser and refresh as fast as possible, but I don't want to do that for more than 3-4 minutes.
I use my own script...

•••
•••
Dynadot > Personal script > Godaddy

•••
•••
I entered my Tax ID into this field.

•••
I never used dynadot backorder service but surely it's better then godaddy.

I have a godaddy backorder credit for almost a year now. I tried to get domains that are on godaddy no luck tried getting domains that literally no one wanted and no luck. I think i will never get rid of this credit it's like a curse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back