Back to domaining after a year

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemanttilotia

Established Member
Impact
Hi all. I came into domaining with some real good sales but then focused my attention on building my business. For the last 3 years, I was just slogging into my startup and had put all of my money and efforts into it.
I put everything up for my fintech startup smeloan dot com, and went bankrupt.
I couldn't pay for a couple of domains here on Namepros a year back after promising on a price and even sold off half of my domain portfolio to cover dues on the startup. I have been away from domaining for last one year.
I went into depression and then started avoiding people and that guy who avoided calls from Rohit to transfer my sold domains to Namejet and which led to his ban from Namejet was me.
I don't know but I felt dejected from everything after putting in close to 16+ hours a day for 3 years and then going bankrupt.
I am really sorry. I hope those couple of sellers from Namepros and Rohit will forgive me.
I am starting afresh after blowing up everything in that fintech startup. I hope I can make some good domain sales again. The mods will ban me again now for those 2 negative trade reviews I guess :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
Do you know why he backed out?

"I now find those names not so good. I should not have gone into those late night decisions."

<<<<<<>>>>>>

What exact harm / damage / loss occurred?

Did he purchase the name via Auction or BIN? Not sure how these unregulated chat groups operate...

How long did he wait to inform the seller he was not going to pay?

It looks to me as if he joined some .IN group, not knowing much about .IN domains, and regretted BOTH purchasing the domains and joining the group. So he backed out, and forfeited his group access?

The way I see it.

@Hemanttilotia was/is struggling with something greater than we can imagine.

He attempted to clear his name.

Overextended his well-being. And made another domaining mistake.

And because he appeared to try and make things right, but fell short of that mark by this not paying fiasco, this thread has taken a turn for the worse.

You might say it's not only his actions that are bringing him this negative attention, but also his attitude.

To that, I would argue his actions and attitude are reflective of a greater (likely personal) problem. And with all due respect, and no intentions to disrespect anyone, mental health (depression) are serious challenges for anyone to battle. One depression trigger is isolation. And by nature, domaining is a very isolated profession. That's why these forums and groups are so meaningful.

With respect to any losses sustained, I am quite disappointed to see how quickly this thread turned from being a pillar of support to a staple of mob mentality.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
@Hemanttilotia @Soofi Only you guys can explain what actually happened and not keep the community under wraps.

•••
Nothing much, I guess I still am under depression of my startup failure.
My cofounder has long taken up a job, but I still thought I could turn it around by putting in more efforts and then somehow convince an investor, and hire a developer team afterwards.
Nothing much happened on that front. It's frustrating.
About the dot in group, yes, I never bought dot in domain names. I started domaining while caring full time for my mother, I found Mike Mann on Facebook and I followed him religiously. So 95% dot com ones in my portfolio, and I did good.
This group, frankly didn't learn anything there. All I could find was people claiming to get offers on their names, showing screenshots in the group and then trying to sell me those domain names in pvt. Most doing the same thing there, including the group founder.
I bought some domain names from there.
Then I promised to buy 2 domain names from there, but then I thought I am buying crap here. So only way to get away from these pvt messages from wannabe sellers and others in the group is to back out from the deal.
They would block me and that should help me,taking care for my mother for long I guess has made me highly anxious. I lost her a few months ago.
I have a marketing agency too, top tier one, and I have been buying domain names on GoDaddy auctions and dropcatch in the likes of high xxx to mid xxxx, but mostly dot com ones like salwa, spin88 etc.
I am bidding on 4 big names today too, I guess this is a good way for me to get over the depression of a failed startup and my portfolio is way better now then when I first started.
I don't want nowadays to talk to someone, especially those whom I don't know, plus getting tons of messages from newbies wanting me to sell their hand reg irrelevant names was frustrating. I don't mean to be mean Or something to them, but you got to stop it, learn, read and then see if your domain is actually sellable.
I have learnt a lot by reading stuff here, through Mike Mann, through Shane Cultra, and Drew from media options.
Yes, I backed out from buying 2 domain names, it has saved me a lot of unwanted 'for sale' messages on WhatsApp. I backed out within 12 hours of promising to buy it, both domain names are still with their respective sellers. My money with me.
I am busy with my marketing company, buying domain names quietly on gdauctions and dropcatch and trying to move over the failure of my fintech startup.
Join me on GD as I try to buy walldesigns dot com today.
Everyone is free to have their own opinion about me. I have stopped making opinions about others. I have recently sold a domain name for $9K, so dot com ones are still my favorite.

•••
I'm sorry for what you're going through right now but still it's not an excuse not to do the right. Though you may disagree with that and still believe you did nothing wrong.

Just think of it, how nice and easy would it be for everybody if you just research first before buying? No harm done. You get a good reputation and the seller's time is not wasted. What would you feel if all those buyers (in your recent sales) backed out? This business is built on trust. There's no other way around it. If we say something, we must honor it to the best of our capability. Our word is our reputation. You're also saying that Big Players are also doing it, but they're wrong. Don't be like them. I'm not projecting a hollier-than-thou attitude here. I myself have mistakes but I'm trying not to repeat them.

I hope I'm making sense.

Anyhow, sorry for maybe a little bit harsh words I might have said in my earlier post. I can see that you're a good man, but PLEASE do the right thing even if others don't.

By the way, congrats on your sales.

•••
I'm sorry for what you're going through right now but still it's not an excuse not to do the right. Though you may disagree with that and still believe you did nothing wrong.

Just think of it, how nice and easy would it be for everybody if you just research first before buying? No harm done. You get a good reputation and the seller's time is not wasted. What would you feel if all those buyers (in your recent sales) backed out? This business is built on trust. There's no other way around it. If we say something, we must honor it to the best of our capability. Our word is our reputation. You're also saying that Big Players are also doing it, but they're wrong. Don't be like them. I'm not projecting a hollier-than-thou attitude here. I myself have mistakes but I'm trying not to repeat them.

I hope I'm making sense.

Anyhow, sorry for maybe a little bit harsh words I might have said in my earlier post. I can see that you're a good man, but PLEASE do the right thing even if others don't.

By the way, congrats on your sales.

People/companies have backed out of $60K, $32K and a few $10K around deals with me. I didn't feel bad, it is part of the game. They liked it, then they must have got a better deal elsewhere, change of plans, shortage of cash etc. I understand.
Was it good of me backing out of my promise to buy? Not good of me, I know. But, again part of being in this business.

•••
People/companies have backed out of $60K, $32K and a few $10K around deals with me. I didn't feel bad, it is part of the game. They liked it, then they must have got a better deal elsewhere, change of plans, shortage of cash etc. I understand.
Was it good of me backing out of my promise to buy? Not good of me, I know. But, again part of being in this business.

There's no really point in arguing and trying to convince you. Let's just agree to disagree.

•••
There's no really point in arguing and trying to convince you. Let's just agree to disagree.

Is nameprime dot com under development? Why haven't you added all your names there?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I really pray that her soul rests in peace. I lost mine 3years ago and I can't get over it yet.

On the work front, you're saying why you backed out from the deals is because of following:
1. The failure of your startup and loss of your mom put you through depression and you made some 'silly' purchase decisions in between.
2. To keep away the spam offers that you were getting from your FB group.

From my experience, both the reasons are not good enough to back out from a 'contract.' I also couldn't make one payment on time as my credit card was not working. Seller pulled off the deal, signing out a negative review for me. This was the guy with whom I had purchased domains worth almost $2K just few weeks ago. I really wished I could invite him and show him how my bank was screwing up all my credit card payments. But I couldn't. Tough seller, I said and moved on.

What I actually mean to say is, no matter what: your issues are your own. Nobody is here to bear for you. So, don't make important decisions if you haven't gotten over depression yet. You'll repeat it time and again and this can be really bad for your reputation in the long run.

PS: And you're saying, you're buying at Godaddy. Now, only god can save you, my friend. Just be careful when you hit the 'submit bid' button next time. You'll do favor to both the seller and yourself.

Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I really pray that her soul rests in peace. I lost mine 3years ago and I can't get over it yet.

On the work front, you're saying why you backed out from the deals is because of following:
1. The failure of your startup and loss of your mom put you through depression and you made some 'silly' purchase decisions in between.
2. To keep away the spam offers that you were getting from your FB group.

From my experience, both the reasons are not good enough to back out from a 'contract.' I also couldn't make one payment on time as my credit card was not working. Seller pulled off the deal, signing out a negative review for me. This was the guy with whom I had purchased domains worth almost $2K just few weeks ago. I really wished I could invite him and show him how my bank was screwing up all my credit card payments. But I couldn't. Tough seller, I said and moved on.

What I actually mean to say is, no matter what: your issues are your own. Nobody is here to bear for you. So, don't make important decisions if you haven't gotten over depression yet. You'll repeat it time and again and this can be really bad for your reputation in the long run.

PS: And you're saying, you're buying at Godaddy. Now, only god can save you, my friend. Just be careful when you hit the 'submit bid' button next time.

Good luck.

What's wrong with buying in GoDaddy auctions?

•••
@Hemanttilotia @Soofi Only you guys can explain what actually happened and not keep the community under wraps.

This guy is pure BS.

He messages people and posts public messages saying he is looking to buy domain portfolios.

He commits to deals in public and private to back out often, and try to bring in his family or professional issues to save his sorry a*s from being labelled as culprit.

Even though he didn’t commit any such deals or commitments with me but plenty of other sellers have msgd me proof of his tricks and tactics. Do we really need such people around us?

This maybe harsh, but who knows if he’s even speaking truth about his issues and not trying to save himself by sharing sorry stories?

Last edited:
•••
This guy is pure BS.

He messages people and posts public messages saying he is looking to buy domain portfolios.

He commits to deals in public and private to back out often, and try to bring the in his family or professional issues to save his sorry a*s from being labelled as culprit.

Even though he didn’t commit any such deals or commitments with me but plenty of other sellers have msgd me proof of his tricks and tactics. Do we really need such people around you?

I am sorry I didn't buy your crappy domain names. Am sorry your strategy of posting screenshots of offers on your names and then offering to me in pvt didn't work.
I guess I was above your pay grade :)

•••
What's wrong with buying in GoDaddy auctions?
My friend, buying at GD auction is not the issue. Issue is when you win the auction and you back out, citing some personal issues.

•••
My friend, buying at GD auction is not the issue. Issue is when you win the auction and you back out, citing some personal issues.

I never cited personal reasons to back out from buying those 2 dot in domain names. I said they were crap, I should stick to my dot com strategy alone.
I am paying for every domain I buy from these marketplaces, btw I am high bidder on boxless dot com on dropcatch at the moment, will win and pay. do you think I bid randomly? :)
GD is the best place to buy good domain names.

•••
I am sorry I didn't buy your crappy domain names. Am sorry your strategy of posting screenshots of offers on your names and then offering to me in pvt didn't work.
I guess I was above your pay grade :)

A scam artist can never afford my names son. You will take years to be at my level where I am today.

Go learn some ethics and etiquette’s. God knows what really happened to your mother but you using her death to save yourself is really an act in itself kid. Shows your class!

•••
do you think I bid randomly?

So, you do put time and effort to research about a name before entering a deal. You just opt not to follow through because for you it's ok?

•••
I never cited personal reasons to back out from buying those 2 dot in domain names. I said they were crap, I should stick to my dot com strategy alone.

This is even worse. This is unethical.

How can you be so cool about what you did?

Last edited:
•••
A scam artist can never afford my names son. You will take years to be at my level where I am today.

Go learn some ethics and am etiquette’s. God knows what really happened to your mother but you using her death to save yourself is really an act in itself kid. Shows your class!

I don't want to reply to such scumbags. At least I am not conning newbies on a WhatsApp group :)
Your words show your upbringing. I won't get down to your levels.
I earn money by working hard in my marketing agency, working with names you just have heard. I don't need to go and con newbies by showing that I am a pro and whatever I am selling is gold.
Get a real job, move over from scamming newbies on Facebook and WhatsApp.

•••
I had nothing against this ass*ole, but him trying to malign me in his unethical game is an act of pure excellence and shows what kind of level he can stoop to, to try and defend his actions.

As I said initially, he can only talk.. he threatened me with a court case but went silent on that front when I shared my address for that court notice. People like him do not have any credibility or reputation online or in real life tbh..

•••
Try and sell those very names here on namepros and see if you get even one sale, Mr WhatsApp group founder:)
Share that portfolio of a pro here, let's see what you learnt in last 10 years of domaining.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back