IT.COM

discuss Back from the time when I sold 19 domains to the same buyer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello guys..

While reviewing my emails from a year back, I happened to find a conversation when I sold 19 domain names to the same buyer.
And that is when I understood the power of follow ups and maintaining good relationships with your clients.

Well, it happened something like this:

I emailed some prospective clients for a domain name that I owned(I had 5 domain names in that niche). No one replied. So, I followed up after a week, expecting no reply since it was an average name. I got a reply this time. The buyer negotiated me down to $200, when my first pitch was $399.

So I pitched the other 4 domain names as well,with a bulk pricing of $750.
Yes!! We had a deal!! Where I could make a $200 sale, I made a $750 sale.

I bought another 25 odd names in the same niche the very next day considering the niche to be hot.
While doing outbound for one of those names around 4 months later, the same buyer asked me for my entire list of names.

I emailed him the list and we made a bulk deal of 14 of them at $150 each.

P.S. I maintained contact with the buyer as to how his business was running even after the sale and am still in touch with some of the clients whom I sold some domain names. That perhaps helped me with the subsequent sale this particular time!

Thanks..

What do you think about maintaining contact with your clients?
Regarding follow ups, no doubt they are important!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Uhmm yeah having a buyer database and network is a good thing.

I sold more than 3500x 4L.Com to the same buyer last year. In batches of 100-500x names per deal. So yes good contacts are good to maintain.

•••
cool. i sold a domain last month, had a good communication with the buyer, he told me anytime i have domains in same niche. i should contact him....so i have one network now. hoping to build huge network in different niche

•••
after showing your domain if the prospect not reply anything, after how many days you follow up and what is your following pitch to end users?

•••
after showing your domain if the prospect not reply anything, after how many days you follow up and what is your following pitch to end users?

Since I track my email using Sidekick, if the email has already been opened, I follow up within 48 hours. In other cases, I follow up after a week, usually on a different day of the week and at a different time.

The follow up email is short and simple.

I just ask if they missed out on my previous email or thinking about making a buying decision. Since a lot of times, the buying decision is psychological, I tend to use affirmative languages only.

After reading out some threads here, I also changed the last line from "If you are interested in this domain, kindly let me know" to "Feel free to clarify if you have any questions"

This sounds affirmative and builds trust.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back