Dynadot

question Awstats vs Sedo traffic stats?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I snapped a 4 letter readable domain, I immediately put it in Cpanel and setup a Wordpress site, just one page, and forgot about it in one week. it was an existing site.

Then I looked up its stats, and it has 30 to 60 visits a day. Wow, but I need to verify it in Sedo. Then 5 days later, it only has 2 visits.

Which one is accurate?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say Sedo is most accurate as you will see this in AWStats (I presume, I prefer Webalizer).

13 319 1.73% Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

The 13th spot of traffic from this randomly selected site is from the user agent Mozilla/5.0; or rather a Google spider, with 319 hits (Bing follows). Whether that was from one IP source or many, it was treated the same (I would have to see detailed traffic logs for that).

Sedo along with many other parking companies take out irrelevant traffic and spiders, reporting the most accurate figures they can so that the potential buyers do not see inflated numbers.

•••
Thanks for the reply.

This is getting confusing, if Sedo is more accurate.

Years ago, I snapped a domain too, it had about 1,000 or more visits a day. But when I setup a one page site, the Awstats said it had 10 to 20 visits a day. :D

•••
This is a good question. However, rather than switching it over to Sedo I would have added Google Analytics first. It's probably more accurate than both..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back