IT.COM

advice Awkward Relations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

clickmystuff

ctr.mobi is at auction nowEstablished Member
Impact
So I moved into a new city. Surprise, Arizona. The first thing I did was search out the high traffic areas and then immediately after that I began my leads and prospects process. I stumbled across a little skate(boards) shop named Sk8 Haus LLC. Immediately I checked up on the domain and both sk8.haus and sk8haus.com were available and I quickly regged them both.

I then scheduled an appointment with the owner.

I think it's important to note that my objective isn't just selling the shop the domain names. I would like to develop a mobile and a desktop site as well for the company and get a contract for their SEO/Digital Marketing needs.

So I came with 3 custom created reports and an abridged version of the Keyword Research I had performed in relation to the niche.

Long story short of it, the meet went fairly well, until some Awkward, Fragile Looking skater kid who said he's a "digital marketer" and "SEO" as well, jumped in and started casting doubt on my mini-presentation and my motives. On top of that, his wife, who apparently handles the companies finances to some degree, started piping in as well.

Mind you the "digital marketer" who was talking sh it had no idea what he was talking about, but he did his job as a gatekeeper I guess.

The man's wife however, had legitimate questions and I had answers for those questions. I can't knock her for that but she obviously has some number of a budget the business tries to keep in mind. I don't know what that number is, and I believe her concerns could become a deal breaker if she leverages her husband agianst my propostions.

My question is this Namepros. And I know many of you have the experience and the correct mental resolve to be a lifeline for me in this situation so I trust whatever advice you may have.

What do I do next to leverage the decision maker enough to close the deal? Despite the very close relatives taking an awkward stance against my ambitious proposals. I appreciate any help, and corrective criticisms you care to share NP.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Immoral? Why? Because I register a domain name that I knew was the name of local skate shop, then went to the owner and said "I registered your domain name because you need a site and I would like to be the one to build it, no pressure, here's all my research and my contact info. If you decide to go a different direction just let me know and I'll transfer your domains because they're not worth sh it to me if you're not on board." That's Immoral? Damn me to hell then for I have sinned youre holinesstub

•••
That doesn't sound much like your first post. If that's the deal. I don't have any problem with it.

•••
•••
I have tried giving a few celebrities their domains and it hasn't worked out so far :xf.frown: I thought they were going to be "whoa thanks duud, you should come to da club this weekend" but actually they were just like O_o

•••
Nope. You are trying to make money in an immoral way. Nothing wrong with that. Cough!
How does my first post differ at all? Nevermind I don't care enough anymore I'm done with this nonsense

•••
How does my first post differ at all? Nevermind I don't care enough anymore I'm done with this nonsense
Ethics aside, not that great of an idea to reg a unique name like that and contact business to sell. I think you'd lose a udrp complaint. Just chalk it up to lesson learned and just give them the domains or cancel the regs. Def high risk.

•••
oh my
Ethics aside, not that great of an idea to reg a unique name like that and contact business to sell. I think you'd lose a udrp complaint. Just chalk it up to lesson learned and just give them the domains or cancel the regs. Def high risk.
for the last time, I am not trying to sell the business any domains, good gawd

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back