Dynadot

Avoiding Duplicate Content

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm a tad confused by the solutions I find in Google. I want to redirect certain domains to another developed domain. How do I do this and avoid duplicate content? Is a 301 Redirect of Domain A+B to Domain C a complete solution? Domain C is developed. Domain A+B are not developed, and are merely being 301 Redirected to Domain C.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How would that be duplicate content? The domains have no content and you're redirecting them.

•••
I'm no SEO expert but I remember reading that if you do 302 redirects this counts as duplicate content (which doesn't happen with 301 redirects). No idea if it is valid though....

•••
If it is just a redirection then there is nothing to be conscious about duplication of content because you are just redirecting not coping content from other website.

•••
Yeah nothing to worry about if you doing a 301 redirect, no duplicate content issues at all.

•••
To avoid duplicate content you can use the canonical tag. If you're going to create a separate site I would suggest a subdomain.

•••
Back