NameSilo

available Available .tv names

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

equity78

Top Member
:heavy_check_mark: TheDomains.com
:heavy_check_mark: TLDInvestors.com
Impact
32,571
NOTHING HERE
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Where can we reg .tv for cheap ?
$50 on www.tv is not very cheap for a TLD (even if somes very good .tv are available)
 
0
•••
moua said:
Where can we reg .tv for cheap ?
$50 on www.tv is not very cheap for a TLD (even if somes very good .tv are available)


Godaddy.com .tv $34.95yr
 
0
•••
idotz.net 29$
 
0
•••
0
•••
Might be, but I'm afraid most of the good names are taken. I just noticed that one of the bigger clubs in Holland, PSV, had just bought psv.tv (29 June).
I just regged psvtv.com One thing ELEQUA has always told me reg the .com to have the set, like when he regged travel.tv and mail.tv he regged traveltv.com and mailtv.com too. PSVTV.com Figured it worth the $7
 
0
•••
:-/ just discovered today on www.tv that the reg fee for three letter names ('premiums') has moved from $500 to $750.... >:(
 
0
•••
Yes it is confirmed LLL.tv now $750, I just sent them a long email, now they are getting ridiculous for LLL.
 
0
•••
so I must be happy for having very recently reg Pda.tv.... this will be for sure my last one ! I was on the way to drop Gun.tv.... now I keep it no matter what.

How do you think their recent significant increase$ will affect the .tv & reseller markets ?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
It won't affect it too much in the reseller market because resellers are not trading lll.tv's, WHen they sell they are selling for $4,000 plus so it is an end user buying. GOOD reg on the PDA I have one I was looking at and If they will not honor $500 I will pass.
 
0
•••
.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I believe it comes from many phrase with .tv are intuitive, such as LCD.tv PLASMA.tv FLATSCREEN.tv city/state/country speak to programming and stations in that city/state/country. What goes with .ws? has no meaning .tv Is thee most well know two letter phrase in the world, FORGET about domain exts, whether you speak English or not if you are in the Himmalayas you know what TV is if you are in CHINA and speak no english you know what TV is. SIMPLY THE MOST WELL RECOGNIZED two letter phrase in the world.
 
0
•••
westblock said:
Ok - I'm on board with the .TV extension being accepted with the "Television" connotation. BUT
.TV = Island ofTuvalu
.WS = Western Samoa

What's the difference? Everybody bags on .WS because is doesn't mean "Web Site" so explainations????

(by the way, I have the domain NCAA.tv as well as a number of single word keyword .WS names.) ;)

I appreciate what you are saying westblock, and I think alot of domainers are thinking the same way but ...

.TV has taken the interest of all the large corporations / companies around the world - they probably don't know that it means Tuvalu, and probably don't care, it has been sold as .Television in the same way .com is sold as .commercial. It appears as though this industry has been screaming out for its own net identity and .TV has given it to it.

I personaly think we have gone past the point of no return on the .TV, where we never really got there with .ws. .ws has no real 'meaning', what I mean by that is why have an extension that stands for website? it kind of goes against the grain of the internet in a funny sort of way, if I want to have a website it must have .ws after it? - so whats the point of all the other extensions? - do you see what I mean when I say the .ws is only a cctld and struggles to be anything else and when it tries, its fighting all the tld's. .TV however slots right in there and compliments the tld's IMO.

The other thing is, .tv has been well marketed and sold to the right companies at the right time- .ws never had this break, who knows if bill gates had taken a likening to it earlier on and bought the rights up and stamped all microsofts products with .ws, I am sure it would have been a different story, but of course he didn't. To put .ws alongside .tv, you would have to give .ws the strong, specific, under-pinning industry that .tv has and the only comparable one would be microsoft.

IMO :)

EDIT

Plus what equity78 said ;)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Psv

Argos said:
:-/ just discovered today on www.tv that the reg fee for three letter names ('premiums') has moved from $500 to $750.... >:(
Good sign they can afford doing this.
Equity, I see PSV here in Kenya all the time, it is on all transport busses, meaning Public Service Vehicle, don't think they will start a TV station soon :D , but you never know about other 'PSV' companies.
 
0
•••
John I got it because of PSV.tv being bought by the Football team from Holland Elequa told me always buy the .com too for a set He bought traveltv.com and Mailtv.com to go along with Travel.tv and Mail.tv he owns kidstv.com doesn't have kids.tv yet $100,000 for that one. WOOOOOOOO
 
0
•••
Psvtv.com

Equity, I understand, clever move with psvtv.com.
You seem to know Elequa quite well, he is one of the bigger domainers and a big fan of .tv, if I am not mistaken.
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
Tv.

auntystatic said:
^^ - really good info, thanks equity78...
I would appreciate your thoughts over here guys: http://namepros.com/showthread.php?p=814770#post814770
might be worth merging it into this thread though : :music:
:cy: cheers, Mike
Nice to read all the threads. By reading them I get more convinced we are on the right track here concerning .tv. Reading www.3character.com, I have never concentrated on less characters and think I should have done that a bit more (for example taking psv.tv while I could), the only 3 characters I have are all .tv's, day.tv, see.tv and fly.tv. Not too bad I think, but I wish it were .com's. By the way, I really like lcd.tv, talking about fitting the extension :laugh:
Auntystatic, it makes a bit sense to have Londons.tv or Englands.tv, but personally I do not like them type in wise and prefer to have London.tv and England.tv.
 
0
•••
johntv said:
Auntystatic, it makes a bit sense to have Londons.tv or Englands.tv, but personally I do not like them type in wise and prefer to have London.tv and England.tv.

I totally agree John, I know they are not the best, but I have plans for development on both (sight seeing / tourist video 'walkabouts' etc) ... I would love to have the singular version but somehow I think Online TV may want a little bit more than I can afford :laugh:. these names will do just as well as the singulars in the SE's (assuming I develop that is ;) ) %%-

For the record, I have just lauched phase one of the development on one of my .TV's - Travelling dot TV (ian.com affiliate site). I am on the lookout for video of different destinations to add (eventually), then build a video diary part, etc,etc. - I was keen to beat the other guys off the mark (traveling dot tv). Hopefully I will start to see some revenue from it in the next 6-12 months.

cheers, Mike
 
0
•••
Travelling dot tv

Hi Mike, you own travelling dot tv? :bingo: That is not too bad at all, as travelling is a much used word in Europe, really impressive. The site looks nice with the help of ian dot com. I am not into any affiliates, but should be.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back