IT.COM

Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
RE: Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Seems like there's a lot of news lately, as recently as the last few days, of advances in driverless & autonomous cars. There are multiple auto makers getting ready to launch some form of these cars, and of course, Google is working on their project car.

I have a handful of domains related to this news & technology, and I am wondering if anybody else has any? Also, any spike in traffic to your domains, or news of sales???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is "autonomous" the correct word? Autonomous means having the freedom to act independently. I'd prefer to retain some control - if I want to go to Starbucks, I don't want to be taken to McDonalds because they had paid for Google "cabsense". :)

Yes, among other terms, autonomous is correct for this niche.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum. Cheers!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Added:

Robot Transport.com

Not sure if it applies to Autonomous/Driverless/Selfdriving lol

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Well , RoboCars will need a license so i got myself RoboLicense.com ;)

yes , its not Autonomous or Driverless but you get the idea B-)

•••
Took a punt on the following:

DriverlessRobo
AutonomousRobo

•••
Well , RoboCars will need a license so i got myself RoboLicense.com ;)

yes , its not Autonomous or Driverless but you get the idea B-)
AutonomousLicense .com
AutonomousLicenses .com

•••
•••
Autonomous Tram (.com)
Driverless Tram (.com)
Selfdriving Tram (.com)

Autonomous Streetcar (.com)
Driverless Streetcar (.com)
Selfdriving Streetcar (.com)
Robo Streetcar (.com)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
"Back to the Future" Dream will come true :)
Self Flying Vehicles

SelfflyingVehicles.com
i'm way ahead of you guys....

SelfFlyingCarInsurance com

:)

I still like my SelfFlyingCars.com best, but I was trying to get the singular when it dropped, but for some reason, Godaddy, even when they have the name at their registrar, can not get the name that is back-ordered at their backorder service. And then HugeDomains got it. And want over 3100 for it. I wonder what they would put on the plural?!

But as I was reviewing this thread, I ended up registering fv2x.com too.

•••
Autonomous .Delivery

Starship will test its autonomous delivery robot in Washington, DC this fall

Starship — the company behind the adorable, six-wheeled delivery robot we met this year at Mobile World Congress — has received approval from the Washington, DC Department of Transportation to start testing a delivery program as early as this September. The Estonia-based company worked with the local government to develop the Personal Delivery Device Pilot Act of 2016, which was included in the 2017 budget amendment bill that was passed last week.

The act defines "personal delivery devices," or PDDs, as "a device powered by an electric motor, for use primarily on sidewalks, capable of: transporting items with or without an operator directly controlling the device; identifying and yielding to pedestrians, bicyclists, other lawful users of public space, and property; and navigating public thoroughfares; and interpreting traffic signals and signs at crosswalks."

Starship’s delivery robot, obviously, fits that description. It’s electric, has a trunk that can fit about 20 pounds of cargo, and has a suite of cameras around the outside that can be used to identify obstacles and help guide the robot to its destination. The company will be allowed to test up to five of the robots, and tests can begin as soon as September 15th and are allowed to run until December 31st of 2017, according to the act.

Read more: http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/28/12051478/starship-autonomous-delivery-robot-washington-dc

•••
Love the speculation! Anyone seeing any sales or serious inquiries? I have mine listed for sale but not expecting to sell for a while.

•••
•••
DubaiAutonomous - AutonomousDubai .coms

Dubai wants a quarter of car trips to be autonomous by 2030

The city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, along with its newly launched Dubai Future Foundation, has set some remarkable smart transportation goals. According to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum — the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Emir of Dubai — the city intends to make 25 percent of its trips driverless by the year 2030 through its Autonomous Transportation Strategy.

The shift to autonomous transport is expected to reduce transportation costs by 44 percent, saving $6 billion a year in accidents, lost productivity, and pollution. Dubai expects to reduce traffic accidents by 12 percent, pollution by 12 percent, and time lost to travel by 396 million hours per year. Dubai is offering what Sheikh Mohammed calls "the world's biggest" request for proposals from research and development centers as part of the Autonomous Transportation Challenge, effectively making Dubai the world's "largest R&D lab for driverless transportation."

Read more: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/05/03/dubai-autonomous-car-proposal-tesla-video/

Last edited:
•••
Autonomous.Car still open for Registeration

While

SelfDriving.Car & Driverless.Car both were registered in Gtld launch Day 1 by Google.

What does that say? It says to me that "Autonomous" would never go Mainstream

•••
Autonomous.Car still open for Registeration

While

SelfDriving.Car & Driverless.Car both were registered in Gtld launch Day 1 by Google.

What does that say? It says to me that "Autonomous" would never go Mainstream

Personally I do like Driverless the best out of the three terms you mentioned but self-driving seems to get more media write ups for some reason.

Of late Robo/Robot have had a few noticable mentions.

I would not be suprised if end users tried to brand between all four terms to be honest. Sometimes it is not what the mainstream adopted word becomes to be, but the term each given end user decides to brand their service with.

Last edited:
•••
Driverless is nice but it reminds me of
horseless carriage lol.
we need to remember our role here,
$$$.
An autonomous name sold for mid xxxx recently so autonomous is fine for me. basically all got potential, including my robo favorite.

•••
Driverless is nice but it reminds me of
horseless carriage lol.
we need to remember our role here,
$$$.
An autonomous name sold for mid xxxx recently so autonomous is fine for me. basically all got potential, including my robo favorite.
Personally I do like Driverless the best out of the three terms you mentioned but self-driving seems to get more media write ups for some reason.

Of late Robo/Robot have had a few noticable mentions.

I would not be suprised if end users tried to brand between all four terms to be honest. Sometimes it is not what the mainstream adopted word becomes to be, but the term each given end user decides to brand their service with.

Driverless we have had 2 reported sales of around approx 2k each and Self Driving again 2 sales of approx 2k each.

& 1 mid xxxx sale of autonomous.

So I favour the 4 over 1 sale, although as we are now understand, the buyer of all 4 or atleast 3 out of 4 is the same

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back