Dynadot

Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
RE: Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Seems like there's a lot of news lately, as recently as the last few days, of advances in driverless & autonomous cars. There are multiple auto makers getting ready to launch some form of these cars, and of course, Google is working on their project car.

I have a handful of domains related to this news & technology, and I am wondering if anybody else has any? Also, any spike in traffic to your domains, or news of sales???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With full respect to many here, I think most are thinking about this in the wrong way.
As part of a bet,
I was challenged to come up with 'one' name against 6 of my fellow domineers names.
(I gave him the handicap with all 6) Mine one is CabPods
Not the best name be assured, but one that is likely to have some NEED in the marketplace. And I am making my pick after 100 domainer's have already picked through what they feel are the best ones much as my fellow domain'r did many months ago.

You need to find names that will be needed in the industry by the industry.
And services is probably on top of that list for need.
Use your imagination for branding. You are not going to get far basing your reg's on the hardware tech.
Who really is going to need a name that says DRIVERLESS ?
Who is going to be MARKETING DRIVERLESS ?
Will Uber need a new domain to send you a driverless car when you want a ride and will you care ?
Cab CO's are probably the largest beneficiary of driverless cars (not the cabby's).
While I am not interested in this segment, I see plenty of brand-able possibilities that are far better than those related to the tech itself. But I still question the amount of demand for all of them as a whole.
I am sure there will be a few dozen winners out there, but not many.

So as the bet goes, we have a year to raise cash in a sale. The winner has the highest total.
I promise not to buy one more name in this niche but now I have a public announcement on my name pick.
Lots of luck to you all.

•••
With full respect to many here, I think most are thinking about this in the wrong way.
As part of a bet,
I was challenged to come up with 'one' name against 6 of my fellow domineers names.
Not the best name be assured, but one that is likely to have some NEED in the marketplace. And I am making my pick after 100 domainer's have already picked through what they feel are the best ones much as my fellow domain'r did many months ago.

Use your imagination for branding. You are not going to get far basing your reg's on the hardware tech.
Will Uber need a new domain to send you a driverless car when you want a ride and will you care ?
Cab CO's are probably the largest beneficiary of driverless cars (not the cabby's).
While I am not interested in this segment, I see plenty of brand-able possibilities that are far better than those related to the tech itself. But I still question the amount of demand for all of them as a whole.

So as the bet goes, we have a year to raise cash in a sale. The winner has the highest total.
I promise not to buy one more name in this niche but now I have a public announcement on my name pick.
Lots of luck to you all.

Im not invested in this niche at all and not into the 'driverless' keyword but i predict autonomous with premium relevant keywords will work just find.
I can see plenty of companies branding with autonomous..

•••
I have autonomousmotoring.com
it covers the whole industry. (;

•••
GoDriverless.co
GoDriverless.it
GoDriverless.fr
GoDriverless.de
GoDriverless.eu
GoDriverless.ch
GoDriverless.be
BeDriverless.com
OKDriverless.com
CompareDriverless.Com

•••
As part of a bet,

Lots of luck to you all.
SelfPods .com

•••
$1000 Offer received from sedo for my DriverlessInsurance com

I will not sell it cheap.

•••
•••
•••
•••
DriverlessCabs
DriverlessBikes
RoboticTaxi
RoboticTaxis
RoboticCab
RobotLimo
RobotLimos
RoboLimos
RoboticLimos
RoboticLimo
RoboCarRentals
RoboVans
RobotVans
RobotVan
SelfDrivingCaravans
DriverlessCaravans
RoboBuses

dot com

•••
•••
•••
What sort of offers has everyone been receiving on domain names in this niche? Has anyone put there domains in this niche to the test of an auction? And any development ideas for domains in this niche?

•••
I think in the end, you will all be looking for robotics & automation domains. I see some of you already have. Kudos... Been buying them for a few years, a little at a time as things develop.

Wal Mart''s Driverless Shopping Cart !
http://ktla.com/2016/09/17/us-gover...tent-to-roll-out-self-driving-shopping-carts/

...LOL...

Think of the trend and broader implications. Don't play this literally.
But I look forward to some stupid names being reg'd out of this.

•••
AutonomousVR dot com

This is one i did a few months ago (don't think I've posted it in here yet).

Just thought how good would it be to have flying drones (with cameras attached) and then go inside VR and experience what it can see in 360 degrees, could be quite useful for military purposes too with UAV's for spying missions.

Also registered VR left hand side variant too.

Last edited:
•••
You're all doing it wrong, in my opinion.
In the future, when there will be ONLY driverless cars, autonomous cars won't be called ''driverless cars'', they will just be called ''cars''.

Last edited:
•••
You're all doing it wrong, in my opinion.
In the future, when there will be ONLY driverless cars, autonomous cars won't be called ''driverless cars'', they will just be called ''cars''.

It's not going to happen all at once though is it?

At first, driverless and manuel-driving vehicles are going to co-exists on the same roads. Its going to take 30-50 years before our roads become fully autonomous and by then domaining will be long gone and replaced by something else.

Last edited:
•••
40 to 50 years? Hmmm, I would say 20 years before all cars on the US road are fully autonomous.

•••
40 to 50 years? Hmmm, I would say 20 years before all cars on the US road are fully autonomous.

so you just gave the answer to why the niche is valid.

•••

I doubt it, some people will reject it, some people like driving too much and that will always be the case for people alive today.

It will be generations not born yet who will probably make the roads fully autonomous, in 20 years getting driving licenses etc won't matter to young people, so they won't care for manual driving - People who in their 20's and 30's in 2016 will still be around in 40-50 years though, we'll be those annoying old people still stuck in our ways who are an hindrance to everyone else on the road.

Last edited:
•••
Cars will still be cars (Self-driving or not) on one hand and on the other there will be a significant enough period of time where there will be a need to distinguish between human driven cars and driverless cars. There will be winners with domain names in this genre!

•••
V2i.in ( vehicle2infrastructure integration/information/etc...)

Last edited:
•••
•••
hmmmm ..
out of the box thinking .
got myself a nice trio

RoboCar.net
TheRoboCar.com
MyRoboCar.com

Cheers!

•••

In months not years. I like that proposition!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back