IT.COM

question Auction and Premium Registration Costs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Relevant Domain

Established Member
Impact
Maybe a newbie question, but here goes…

I have a domain in sight that I want to purchase at auction but its listed as a premium name. How do I find out what the next year’s registration cost is for the specific domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends wich extention and domain registrar/company. You're imo free to transfer any domain out from one to another registrar after a winning bid at the domain auction. What do they mean with premium? Wich marketplace/auction site? Anyway good luck!

Last edited:
•••
The price depends on registrat and extension.

•••
A lot of those "premium domains" are only domains rated premium because they are registered and are available for purchase from their owners. When I'm looking for a domain, I see a lot of my own domains listed as premium, because they are already registered. I wouldn't consider a 14+ char domain with three words premium just because it is registered. Which is often the case. So this premium tag is basically worthless as a measure of value. I'm not complaining though :)

Last edited:
•••
Not certain about other registrars, NameSilo displays the renewal cost regardless of whether the domain is premium or not. In addition, domains with "Premium" tag are from registries. Those listed for sale on marketplaces are tagged "Aftermarket". That makes life easier everyone. So go to namesilo.com nd search for the domain name.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Not certain about other registrars, NameSilo displays the renewal cost regardless of whether the domain is premium or not. In addition, domains with "Premium" tag are from registries. Those listed for sale on marketplaces are tagged "Aftermarket". That makes life easier everyone. So go to namesilo.com nd search for the domain name.

Not true. See my post above.

•••
Not true. See my post above.
Those listed for sale on marketplaces are tagged "Aftermarket" and NOT premium.
As far as Namesilo is concerned.

•••
When I search for domains in Dydnadot, I get some of my own domains listed as premiums.when I have never specified them as such.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe a newbie question, but here goes…

I have a domain in sight that I want to purchase at auction but its listed as a premium name. How do I find out what the next year’s registration cost is for the specific domain?

Start a domain transfer. It will fail, but you will see the renewal price. Don't pay, cancel before checkout.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for all the responses and dialog.

•••
Back