Dynadot

question Auction and Premium Registration Costs

NameSilo

Relevant Domain

Established Member
Impact
Maybe a newbie question, but here goes…

I have a domain in sight that I want to purchase at auction but its listed as a premium name. How do I find out what the next year’s registration cost is for the specific domain?

Impact
A lot of those "premium domains" are only domains rated premium because they are registered and are available for purchase from their owners. When I'm looking for a domain, I see a lot of my own domains listed as premium, because they are already registered. I wouldn't consider a 14+ char domain with three words premium just because it is registered. Which is often the case. So this premium tag is basically worthless as a measure of value. I'm not complaining though :)

Last edited:

Josytal

Top Contributor
Impact
Not certain about other registrars, NameSilo displays the renewal cost regardless of whether the domain is premium or not. In addition, domains with "Premium" tag are from registries. Those listed for sale on marketplaces are tagged "Aftermarket". That makes life easier everyone. So go to namesilo.com nd search for the domain name.

Impact
Not certain about other registrars, NameSilo displays the renewal cost regardless of whether the domain is premium or not. In addition, domains with "Premium" tag are from registries. Those listed for sale on marketplaces are tagged "Aftermarket". That makes life easier everyone. So go to namesilo.com nd search for the domain name.

Not true. See my post above.

Future Sensors

78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots
Impact
Maybe a newbie question, but here goes…

I have a domain in sight that I want to purchase at auction but its listed as a premium name. How do I find out what the next year’s registration cost is for the specific domain?

Start a domain transfer. It will fail, but you will see the renewal price. Don't pay, cancel before checkout.

Last edited: