IT.COM

Attending Trade show for selling Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

premkumar

Top Member
Impact
I use to plan often to go to trade fair in my country and neighboring country to talk to potential buyer and sell my domain but every time the cost of such travel and doubt on potential sale make me to sit back. I have domain in different industry like marble, wood floor, lubricants etc .

Often big companies participate and they have money to buy but do they buy? is my big question. My domains are very opt for them like Oman+Marble dot com for oman based marble companies infact Oman is one of largest marble producer.

Does any of you guy tried such trade fair/exhibition to sell your domain and do share your experience and if any sales or leads out of such events.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold two automotive domains at a trade show one weekend. I didn't go there to sell but I did mention a few names to some of the companies that were there. Paid for my whole weekend and turned a nice profit.

One thing to keep in mind is that when a company is at a trade show they are in marketing mode and they understand and have time to hear a simple sales pitch since they are focused on marketing at that moment.

•••
I sold two automotive domains at a trade show one weekend. I didn't go there to sell but I did mention a few names to some of the companies that were there. Paid for my whole weekend and turned a nice profit.

One thing to keep in mind is that when a company is at a trade show they are in marketing mode and they understand and have time to hear a simple sales pitch since they are focused on marketing at that moment.

Congrats on your sales :)

However, anyone planning on attending as a visitor (as opposed to exhibitor), should get set for an uphill battle. Granted, the companies are in marketing mode, except it's set to transmit, not receive mode! Outright "hawkers" are not, repeat not appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on your sales :)

However, anyone planning on attending as a visitor (as opposed to exhibitor), should get set for an uphill battle. Granted, the companies are in marketing mode, except it's set to transmit, not receive mode! Outright "hawkers" are not, repeat not appreciated.
If you go into a trade show with a common interest people are more than happy to talk to you. If you go in as a pure salesman then chances are you will get shot down. Many of the sales associates at trade shows are still buzzed from the night before and love to shoot the shit and talk about anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back