Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is publicly available but you should dig a little bit. Some users have access too to sales reports
Yeah, I've dug already. SH don't make all their sales data publicly available to anyone. Share your source, otherwise I'm calling B.S.

•••
Yeah, I've dug already. SH don't make all their sales data publicly available to anyone. Share your source, otherwise I'm calling B.S.
I don't ask you to believe me. The sales data is not available for everyone but it is there. I'm afraid if I say so. SH would remove it. A question why SH doesn't report the number of sales ?
I'd like someone to prove me wrong because most of my names at SH.

•••
It is publicly available but you should dig a little bit. Some users have access too to sales reports
I knew that what I said is hard to believe a big marketplace that was only able to sell 5k names.
How I got this number :
1) Get the list of names that was using SH nameservers. Reverse DNS
2) Check if it got sold before using two methods :
- using domain insight where the status will be Sold or recently sold.
- trying to submit the name to review, you will get this message below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822-084144.png
    Screenshot_20230822-084144.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 103
•••
I decided to give SH a try with 2 Premium Gem .coms, niche grails, solely do to marketing.

Scored 10 & 9.5

It's taking them 15+ days now, with no update other than we will update you. The review count has not moved, and today is the 2nd time I've reached out to find out what's with the absurd delay?

Not impressed atm.

Anyone care to chime in ? I'd like not to pester Darpan as he's busy with more important matters.

Last edited:
•••
Their criteria for approval is very vague and when I ask customer service, they don't respond with a clear answer. And they won't respond why a name gets rejected when it has:
Other TLDs developed
10 expert reviews

Last edited:
•••
Their criteria for approval is very vague and when I ask customer service, they don't respond with a clear answer. And they won't respond why a name gets rejected when it has:
Other TLDs developed
10 expert reviews
10 Expert Reviews simply means that 10 experts rated it. There's a help doc page that explains what that means. But if it got to 10 reviews and hasn't been approved yet, then it means that the experts are divided right down the middle re: whether it should be approved or not. A better scenario is it gets approved before ever hitting 10 reviews.

•••
Any idea why SquadHelp is giving "ShopperApproved" a prime spot right below the checkout button, even though they stopped accepting new reviews there ages ago? The most recent review is dated 04/14/2021.

•••
No more free submissions. Coins need to be used for premium submissions.

Last edited:
•••
As i approach 3 months without a sale at squadhelp, i question if everyone else is experiencing similar results. Currently i have 1263 premium listings at SH and the last sale was on June 17th (sale originated from afternic).

How have things been for you at sh and what is your premium portfolio size?

Here are a few stats from my sh account to share

1694361946271.png

Last edited:
•••
As i approach 3 months without a sale at squadhelp, i question if everyone else is experiencing similar results. Currently i have 1263 premium listings at SH and the last sale was on June 17th (sale originated from afternic).

How have things been for you at sh and what is your premium portfolio size?

Here are a few stats from my sh account to share

Show attachment 245945
That Time to Sell metric... about a month ago the Site Avg sat at 110 weeks. Then 142 weeks, then 160 weeks. And apparently now it's at 175 weeks. Terrifying, and I wish I knew what is driving it.

•••
That Time to Sell metric... about a month ago the Site Avg sat at 110 weeks. Then 142 weeks, then 160 weeks. And apparently now it's at 175 weeks. Terrifying, and I wish I knew what is driving it.
it used to be around 10 weeks when i first started selling. The marketplace is now at 217,000+ premium listings and it is greatly affecting STR.

Last edited:
•••
No sales.

Some inquiries but SH can't close them. 😐

I stopped adding domains.

They need to improve STR.

As i approach 3 months without a sale at squadhelp, i question if everyone else is experiencing similar results.

Show attachment 245945

Last edited:
•••
•••
The number of sales and STR also depends on the quality of your names. I am having more sales with a curated portfolio less than 200 names than before, when I had around 1000 listed at SH.

Attachments

• SH.jpg
    SH.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 108
•••
Have you guys noticed that SquadHelp's Time to Sell metric keeps getting longer and longer? It's now at 186 weeks. What could be driving this? I don't think it has anything to do with the number of listings, as it only takes into account the domains that have been sold. A large amount of old domain sales maybe, but unsure how that might happen.

Also, I think it's only a matter of time for SquadHelp to reach half a million listings. Would that mean less exposure for everyone? Have you guys noticed a decrease in daily views? Would love to hear what you guys think, especially those who are doing well on SqaudHelp.

1694894241604.png

•••
•••
Have you guys noticed that SquadHelp's Time to Sell metric keeps getting longer and longer? It's now at 186 weeks. What could be driving this? I don't think it has anything to do with the number of listings, as it only takes into account the domains that have been sold. A large amount of old domain sales maybe, but unsure how that might happen.

Also, I think it's only a matter of time for SquadHelp to reach half a million listings. Would that mean less exposure for everyone? Have you guys noticed a decrease in daily views? Would love to hear what you guys think, especially those who are doing well on SqaudHelp.

Show attachment 246215

I'm seeing time to sell at 139 weeks. For my portfolio it sits at 43 weeks.

The Time to sell is a Site average and truth is it doesn't matter much for each individual domain. If a buyer wants the exact match domain for their business and they have the funds then they will buy it.

The good news is Squadhelp commission is reduced after a period of time which means higher payout when the domain does sell. There are users with higher percentage of quality names that see lower Time to Sell.

Overall, my Squadhelp premium portfolio compared to my Dan/Afternic portfolio is higher quality and gets more exposure. There has been an influx of new domains on all aftermarkets with many options for brandables for end users. Even still, the pool of available domains will fluctuate as brands are developed.

Last edited:
•••
I decided to give SH a try with 2 Premium Gem .coms, niche grails, solely do to marketing.

Scored 10 & 9.5

It's taking them 15+ days now, with no update other than we will update you. The review count has not moved, and today is the 2nd time I've reached out to find out what's with the absurd delay?

Not impressed atm.

Anyone care to chime in ? I'd like not to pester Darpan as he's busy with more important matters.

I was thinking about listing domains there but it seems to be hard to get domains listed from reading these comments. I don't think it's worth the headache to even try.

•••
I was thinking about listing domains there but it seems to be hard to get domains listed from reading these comments. I don't think it's worth the headache to even try.
I got 20 domains listed in their Premium marketplace in 1 month. Not that hard.

•••
I got 20 domains listed in their Premium marketplace in 1 month. Not that hard.

Other people in the comments say different. By the way, how many have you sold? I was just thinking about listing with them because they had a couple of big sales. Anyway, I don't like a company telling me what to charge for my domain. I charge what I want to charge.

•••
I have 2 at BrandBucket which hasnt done much in terms of getting interest or providing data on interest level. Names are ChequeSplit.com an Guardsman.io, decent names but not killer. My exp with Squadhelp is a bit different and I would say they are more engaging (likely due to recent success and attention). Have they sold any so far since I got on 2 weeks ago? No. But they are very data heavy which I like. My acceptance rate for their premium market is suspiciously high even though some of the names are good (Lashyy.com, Pleasantry.com, Fiancey.com) so im not sure how selective their premium criteria is but overall satisfied so far.

My only complaint is that the functionaity is trash. Maybe is the colors or too many options but it can be difficult maneuvering with so many options in your face.

Last edited:
•••
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
That was in 2019, can I ask howmany sales you had from 2019 till now? that would be very helpful to me so I can make a decision if I will invest in SquadHelp or not.

Many thanks

•••
Anyway, I don't like a company telling me what to charge for my domain. I charge what I want to charge.

So interesting to me! I'm the exact opposite. I desperately want them to be more involved in the pricing. They have so much more visibility into domain sales than I ever will.

My experience with SH is that they'll price most domains at $2199 or $2399, CVCVCV .coms around $2899, and occasionally they'll price domains around $3500. Rarely do I ever see prices higher than $3500. That's my experience anyway after asking them to price 500+ domains, YMMV.

Regardless, once you have 500 domains on the platform you can basically set the prices wherever you want anyway (I think its up to 4x the original suggested price).

I kind of wish SH would tighten that up - appraise the domains themselves and stop allowing sellers to change them so much. When the sellers can set the prices wherever they want I think it makes it harder for good names to stand out. Buyers need prices to be "real" so they can browse effectively - and it needs to be more granular than Premium/Ultra-Premium.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

•••
I have just sold an 8 letter SH rejected name for 3K on AN.
I'm mentioning this, because it was quite brandable consisting of two great keywords. I was really surprised that they rejected it.
I don't have any names with them by the way.

Last edited:
•••
Do you have the Automatic Price Increase turned On / Off?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back