IT.COM

discuss At what point did you quit your job to be a full time domainer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sammy Jakes

Established Member
Impact
At what point did you quit your job to be a full time domainer?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most people aren't totally full time (some are). I think the simple answer is you become a full time domainer when you realise you're earning more than your previous job, or you earn about the same but enjoy it more. One of the two seems about right

•••
when owning your own business is more rational for you than how much salary you will earn for the rest of your life. You can likely make more money from your own business but 5-10 years later.

•••
When you make enough money to do it. Though, in reality, for the average person domain investing should not really occupy a full time schedule even if it is your main source of income.

You might do it "full time" to clear up time to do other things, but it is hard IMO to actually spend 8+ hours a day domain investing without facing diminishing returns.

It is possible to make a full time salary with less than full time hours. That is the main appeal to me.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
When have every month a XX.XXX $ for total sales.
Is your case? :)
You are going for the good way.

•••
Most people aren't totally full time (some are). I think the simple answer is you become a full time domainer when you realise you're earning more than your previous job, or you earn about the same but enjoy it more. One of the two seems about right
Exactly very few full timer domainers.

•••
Exactly very few full timer domainers.
Very few? Are you sure?
I view some many users in namepros with more than 3.000 domains in portfolio.
Any person with 3.000 domains in portfolio only have this as a "hobby"? Not sure, I think all full timer domainers.

•••
Very few? Are you sure?
I view some many users in namepros with more than 3.000 domains in portfolio.
Any person with 3.000 domains in portfolio only have this as a "hobby"? Not sure, I think all full timer domainers.
The number of people with "thousands" of domains in holdings is relatively small, if you are to judge the whole community. Also, even those that do have thousands of domains aren't all necessarily 100% full time (you can't rule them all the same). Everyone has a difference circumstance, but "most" people certainly aren't 100% full time domainers, with no other source of income. If you're a 100% full time domainer, with no other source of income, you're in the minority

Last edited:
•••
The number of people with 3,000 domains in their portfolio or even close isn't common. Also, even those that do have 3,000 domains in their portfolio aren't all necessarily 100% full time (you can't rule them all the same). Everyone has a difference circumstance, but "most" people certainly are not 100% full time domainers, with no other source of income. If you are a 100% full time domainer, with no other source of income, you're in the minority
Hi jhm!
No, I´m not a full domainer, only have 200 domains in portfolio, no more for this moment.
But review similar threads, are quite a few users with more than 3000 domains (if they tell the truth).
Having 3000 domains as a hobby seems a bit excessive to me. As a second job with good earnings it may also be possible.

•••
Hi jhm!
No, I´m not a full domainer, only have 200 domains in portfolio, no more for this moment.
But review similar threads, are quite a few users with more than 3000 domains (if they tell the truth).
Having 3000 domains as a hobby seems a bit excessive to me. As a second job with good earnings it may also be possible.
It can be seen as excessive, sure. Regardless, it remains: Most people aren't 100% full time domainers

•••
Just because you own a lot of domains does not mean you are making money.

Some people scaled up over many years via buy - sell - reinvest - repeat.

Others might have just handregged hundreds or thousands of domains in a short period of time.

You can't just judge a portfolio based on size alone.

Brad

•••
I plan for this to happen within the next 6 months.

•••
•••
I think if you were to put together a serious effort to Outbound your domains, domaining could quickly become a full time job even with a smaller portfolio.

•••
5 years i quit my job to work online in my business as a freelancer
i web and desktop developer and domainer at this time too i try to do my best in this field too

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back