IT.COM

AT Proto and Bluesky

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kai W.

CollectorTop Member
Impact
Recently there has been a popular invitation to test from bluesky among freelance developers. After a brief look I noticed that bluesky is developing a new social application with a new protocol ATProto. This will identify registered users through the domain DNS system.

When I read this I speculated that this might find another sales direction for domain names, which would mean that every registered user of the app would own a domain name.

But at the same time, this caused me to think even more, will users choose to raise the cost of Internet access to use the new protocol, or will they reject it?

What your thinking?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If this application can truly change social media, then perhaps it is not keyword bulesky*, blue*, *sky that will have a greater impact on domain holders, but the many social media brands that rely on AT Protocol to buy

Last edited:
•••
But it will provoke more thinking. Individual users may not be the primary purchasers, and they don't usually pay $$$ for a domain name as a handle, while companies and developers with development capabilities are more likely to look for brands we can't predict to build a new platform or related tools.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back