domains As we enter Q4, 2020 domain name sales are way off 2019’s pace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
As we now enter the fourth quarter of 2020, reported domain name sales are way off 2019's pace. No surprise really with what has been going on in the world, a global pandemic, environmental and economic hardships have made 2020 one of the worst in recent memory. This is a domain name blog, so we will delve into the numbers so far. Currently reported domain name sales at Namebio are in the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It would be interesting to see which ccTLD's are booming.

I believe that the Australian market (.com.au) is up because many Aussies are starting their online businesses during lockdown. It is however only available to Australian registered businesses.

•••
Thanks for the rundown, clearly expressed @equity78 . I am not surprised that .org appears up and I think the country codes will indeed end up by year end. Somewhat surprised, even if you take out .com, that it looks like overall down year, but then as you note economy is so different.

The lack of high end sales, at least reported to NameBio, is possibly surprising, as some businesses are doing very well in pandemic and it would seem should have money for major purchases.

Thanks again,

Bob

•••
High end sales are way down as businesses put major investments on hold. In my experience, sales are up in the $2000-$9000 range tho which makes sense as that’s a typical budget of a small business or entrepreneur looking to move their business online or launch something new.

•••
I don't just have domain names,
All industries are the same,
2020 is a particularly difficult year

•••
Huh, at the start it was looking like it was going to be more sales than last year

•••
Hi

so far,
sold 1 domain, more than last year.

imo....

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back