IT.COM

poll Are You Making Money, Losing Money, Don't Know

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are you making money domaining, losing money, or just don't really know?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Making Money

• Losing Money

• Not Sure

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Are you making money domaining, losing money, or just don't really know? Feel free to comment!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only recouped may be 10% of my Investments... learning to spot good domains.. and saying NO to law ball offers on some good domains I have.. And hoping for the Best Pay Day... but then again whether it's Luck/Blessings what ever you call it... you ought to have it a little..

Think of the guy who owned TheStores - com after a long wait no sales/offers He dropped it. MikeBerkens won it in an auction.. n within a month sold it for 50k.. Right product/Right person/Right place.... So the Lucky/Blessed guy was not the Original owner but the Second One.

Although Mike Berkens had good luck with him but honestly speaking, none of us would have sold for 50K, let alone the asking price.

•••
Although Mike Berkens had good luck with him but honestly speaking, none of us would have sold for 50K, let alone the asking price.

Exactly.. That's why I said.. It's not just the domain.. but the PERSON/PLACE/PRODUCT.. if it was me I would've happily sold it for 5k...

•••
Make a little money, but there are opportunity costs in india, as women domainers are treated worse than animals by security, intelligence agencies , who falsely claim that 8-10 fraud R&AW/CBI/intelligence employees own my domains, to get these frauds a monthly salary, when these fraud government employees do not spend a single rupee on domain expenses or do any work online. It is a very big fraud with large corporates like google, tata allegedly involved.

In panaji, goa I am being tortured daily, in very great pain, denied my fundamental rights, I would make more as an experienced engineer, if I never invested a single penny in domain names. Now I find it difficult to exit, as I am held virtual prisoner with no one to help as most indian intelligence and security agency officials are completely devoid of humanity, honesty and shame.

Female domain investors who are single in India are used for non consensual human experimentations like jews in nazi germany, with microwave weapons causing great pain and wireless technologies used on them daily, after making fake allegations without any proof at all. The health problems caused by the cruel criminal indian government officials posted in panaji, goa could be expensive in the long term

Last edited:
•••
•••
From the last couple of years I have been making profit into 6 figs in domain sales (2014-2015). Won't be surprised to have similar results at the end of this year ;)
I hope I Will make a fraction of this by the end of this year inshallah. Congrats!
By the way still waiting for your monthly acquisitions and sales report.

•••
I hope I Will make a fraction of this by the end of this year inshallah. Congrats!
By the way still waiting for your monthly acquisitions and sales report.

IN SHA ALLAH :) Buy quality domains and be patient. Always stick to your price.
I published Jan and Feb acquisitions/sales in March. Next would be coming in June.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you :)
Best wishes Houssaine!

•••
I agree @ Abdul Basit, Quality and Patience are more important in this field so better research and buy

•••
From the last couple of years I have been making profit into 6 figs in domain sales (2014-2015). Won't be surprised to have similar results at the end of this year ;)

Nice, wish I was doing those types of sales. Took your advice and turned down an offer on a name since it was half my asking price.

•••
I made a bit of money in my first year (ended in April).

Since then I invested a lot of new cash into 4L western quads and reoriented my domain portfolio a bit out of the 4L world buying a few GD closeouts/auctions and tried Afternic.

So far in this 2nd year, I am losing money, but its normal, I was in buying mode and all my 4L were in "42-days auction lock". That just ended last week so I will start selling them.

Even with the recent 4L drop, mine are all western quads and I didn't over paid. So I am confident to easily recover (and more) my investment in the coming months

•••
Nice, wish I was doing those types of sales. Took your advice and turned down an offer on a name since it was half my asking price.

Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't... But all in all, you need to be patient. If you don't ask for what you want, you will never be paid. So I am with your decision and hopefully it will be paid off one day.

Good luck Adam!

•••
Just got enough to acquire reasonably good domains.

•••
Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't... But all in all, you need to be patient. If you don't ask for what you want, you will never be paid. So I am with your decision and hopefully it will be paid off one day.

Good luck Adam!

I set reasonable BINs on all my names. I'm willing to negotiate but Afternic said they wouldn't come up at all. If they moved $100 up from the "final offer" I would have accepted.

•••
I set reasonable BINs on all my names. I'm willing to negotiate but Afternic said they wouldn't come up at all. If they moved $100 up from the "final offer" I would have accepted.

If you care to share, what was your final offer? Considering just $100 is not making the deal happen isn't a big deal especially from the buyer's side. Because at Afternic, you have to pay commission so buyer must consider buying if he is serious enough for that domain.

•••
Right now I am losing money, but that's because I just started in February of this year. I'd say right now i'm $-1,000 but if I can close two sales this week, I will be up a few thousand and will be able to reinvest in better domains.

•••
I sold a few domains here and there ;)

•••
•••
Neutral, since I'm new and don't have quality domains

•••

•••

•••
I started in Jan knowing nothing and early domain purchases reflect that. Will probably need to let them drop though amd recent purchases have started to yield some profit. Overall still not yet in profit overall unless I can sell some high ticket domains at a price that will offset the loss on some bad previous domains.

•••

Now we're talking. Congrats! :!::D:$:

I am "only" doing 5-fig profits, but I havn't got a solid portfolio yet.

•••
I lost in new extensions due to renewals.
Making money in dot com ...

•••
Great progress Basit. Its always good to have such a successful fellow domainer from Pak.

•••
I'm losing (a lot of) money.
Sometimes I ask to myself how can I make 3k per month (where I live, in my country, in my city you need 2.5/3k Eur. per month) and live with domaining.
I've buy domiains, develop dozens sites, I've invest a lot of money, but my return is 0 Eur.
0 Eur. guys.

•••
I'm losing (a lot of) money.
Sometimes I ask to myself how can I make 3k per month (where I live, in my country, in my city you need 2.5/3k Eur. per month) and live with domaining.
I've buy domiains, develop dozens sites, I've invest a lot of money, but my return is 0 Eur.
0 Eur. guys.

No offense but than it seems you are going in wrong direction. You need to read, read and read a lot before you restart investing in domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back