NameSilo

Are .LAs Worth My Time?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

sleepysentry

Established Member
Impact
6
I'm thinking of buying some dictionary word .LAs because they can be used for Los Angeles, Louisiana, Latin America, and Laos.

Are they worth my time or just a gimmick?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hmmm, that depends... whats your time worth? :hehe:
Naw.... j/k. Well kinda not kidding. I view them as spec, and time vs. value. Depending on your financial situation, if you can afford to wait for them to mature, then like any ccTLD with a catchy ext, you will eventually earn.
IMHO

Good luck.

Peace,
Cyberian
 
0
•••
If you can find a word that belongs with .LA then go for it!

If they really do go well together, that makes a domain highly brandable and worth more in the eyes of buyers.

If it's a poor match like spiders.la (just an example) then it'll be worth next to nothing except for the word. If .la is combined with a relevant keyword I'm sure it'll be worth it. Like movies.la or celebs.la (with la obviously meaning Los Angeles)

You just gotta pick the right words and as Cyberian says, wait a while for it to fully mature. In the meantime maybe you could develop it yourself. :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
If the keyword is great, the extension is worth your time.
 
0
•••
Yea i think if you tooke the time and effort it will pay in the end.
 
0
•••
It all depends on the keyword IMHO. If you can come away with solid good keywords than I am more than sure it's worth your time. I wouldn't waste my time with less appealing domains, however. As Cyberian hinted at, it's probably going to take some time, though, so be prepared to play the waiting game for a spell.
 
0
•••
I am developing css.la.

I know the domain has nothing to do with .la, but.. meh.

We'll see how it turns out. :)
 
0
•••
I have owned a few .LA for about a year. They really are growing too slowly for my taste. Several would be in the $$$,$$$ range if they were .com, yet I was considering dropping them. $35 /year (dotster) is fairly low for a CC domain, but I'm not making much more than that. I have renewed them, sold a couple and picked up one more.

The domain Registry is the same as .Info, (Affilias??) so they are in the hands of a big player who could advertise them if they wanted, like .TV . So far all they have done is reserve most of the best names at very large prices.

Like any country code domain you are at the mercy of the politics of the country that really owns the name. Don't bet the rent.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back