IT.COM

.info Are .INFO's worthless now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
With the free/really cheap .info domains are they now worthless to sell or trade?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Still disagree, despite some valid argument.

Objectively, and hey guys how the heck can we be objective with such an avid interest in their rise in value, how many .infos were regged by students for example who dont own any domains apart from the free ones?? What do you think theyll do with them come the summer of 2005??

Potential buyers of even good .infos will be suddenly scared off by the influx of millions of .infos suddenly becoming available, so what wil then happen is 'BANG', you got it, another freeby giveaway.

Just have to wait and see i guess

•••
It should no be worthless as i owned more than 30 .infos :D

•••
As there are still lots of available and better info domains, it seems worthless. The value will be up when lots of them are taken.

•••
Jeffrey said:
It should no be worthless as i owned more than 30 .infos :D
i own like 60 lol

•••
OK so if I understand the negative opinion it goes there were a lot of bad .info registered for free so that will hurt the overall value of .info including good names. Well There are 10 x's as many worthless .coms registered and I don't see that hurting the good names. I agree if the name does not match ext then .info nowhere near as good but three letter.info, city,state,country,teams,bands,music,travel, one word topic name (e.g. psychology,publishing,boating) very good. THis business is about good names or good branding and marketing programs you can get there with .info and much more international reach woth .info over .us.

•••
I see the value of the .info low for the next year or two. Then we are going to see a massive drop late next year. When all these domains are not renewed. Included any that do not make at least x dollars in parking or development. Then that is when we are going to a big up turn in the values. For the good domains.

My 2 cents.

"With enough soap we can blow up the world" - Fight Club

•••
equity78 said:
OK so if I understand the negative opinion it goes there were a lot of bad .info registered for free so that will hurt the overall value of .info including good names. Well There are 10 x's as many worthless .coms registered and I don't see that hurting the good names. I agree if the name does not match ext then .info nowhere near as good but three letter.info, city,state,country,teams,bands,music,travel, one word topic name (e.g. psychology,publishing,boating) very good. THis business is about good names or good branding and marketing programs you can get there with .info and much more international reach woth .info over .us.
true

•••
1rrr1 said:
they aren't useless, just the useless ones are.
:bingo: lol - There were a lot of Great one's still available when the promotion started .... some decent one's are out there still - But these domains are only going to be as Good as the Development you put into them. Certain .Info's will always be worth more whether they are just parked or not .... But the Majority of those Reg'd in the past few months Will need Some TLC to become anything :!:

•••
THese names were Sold on Sedo today by some lucky .info investors Supernova.info 825 Euros, Adria.info $390 pretty good

Last edited:
•••
I own a couple of great .info's that IMO go perfect with the extension. Basically every cdoing language I can think of setup in this format.

htmlcoding.info
phpcoding.info
aspcoding.info

and 7 more just like it. I wouldn't be suprised if I can make a pretty amount of money off of it.

My 2 cents
e39m5

•••
equity78 said:
Sold on Sedo today Supernova.info 825 Euros, Adria.info $390 pretty good

Congrats! nice sales.

•••
I am sorry about that I did not sell them noticed them on SEDO and Sedo.de showed container.info sell for over1320

•••
I think the free info promotion is a great idea. It may make infos less valuable in the short run, but as they become used more (as a result of the campaign) they should become more widely accepted. Wider acceptance increases the value of premium infos.

•••
i feel that this really encourage people to use .info
some people offer free info for those web developers which turn ith into nice sites. when more .info being developed, more people will be aware of the .info extension.

•••
Don't forget that .COM was given free up to around 1995.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back