Dynadot

domains Are European domainers going to start getting shunned?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
As we get closer to GDPR being official more and more reactions and questions come in. I noticed today that Theo at DomainGang.com is going to block Europe from accessing his blog. Someone told me I should do that two weeks ago. I had a couple readers express their desire to ban Europeans from making offers on or buying their domain names. One reader came from a place of worry and the other a place … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

That post contradicts itself. It has 100% True in the article and in your link to the article, then you said it was Fictional.

Oh, you were talking about something else, my bad. Read that wrong.

But we should go ahead and invade Europe.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't know man, but that seems like a decision made out of rage by putting all people
in the same bucket and blame them all without thinking objectively.

Not european domain investors initiated this GDPR act, but some fancy suits in the EU
with an ego complex and frustrations felt the need to make a name of their self and mess up
with this industry.

We, european domainers are upset about this b.s. decision as much as anyone else
and it affects us all.

Are we gonna go back 100 or even 200 years?

Last edited:
•••
Are we gonna go back 100 or even 200 years?
No, it's enough to go back only 20 years and to never create this EU and especially those euro-bureaucrats who were never elected by anybody but who nevertheless dictate all Europe which shape of cucumbers we should grow and eat. Ah, and now they found a way to dictate to the entire world. Congrats.

•••
So ( i am from UE) if i have a domain (Love.com ) & a person/company from other parts of the world (other then Europe) special North America will not buy the domain?!...give me a brake just sold a .us domain
GDPRSTUPRS it's a fuzzzzz + mention that SEDO.com have HQ in Cologne so i doub't will go out in clients

Last edited:
•••
I am not sure why one should or would want to buy visitors from Europe.

Cookie policy has been in place for years and for the privacy issue I think it is respectful of people's right to know what businesses are doing with sensible data.

The idea of placing a "no Europeans" disclaimer for NP auctions seems ridiculous..discriminatory to say the least and all this because people do not want to take privacy seriously and comply?

I disagree

Last edited:
•••
I believe they will all be put on an a frozen island, never to be heard of again as the rest of us live happily ever after (in the sun)

•••
Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't blame the rest of the world blocking EU traffic from their websites. In fact it might help reverse all this GDPR nonsense. However spare a thought for us poor souls in the UK. We voted to get out of the EU and we're still adopting their pathetic rules. Nominet, this week, removed registrant's details from whois - so now makes it harder to see if a website is genuine - a scammers dream. Problem is UKIP is now weaker following Brexit (as people think UKIP achieved their purpose) and there is no effective opposition to EU rules being adopted. So in some ways we're in a worse position now than when the Conservative and Labour Party had UKIP winning more and more of their voters.

Funny thing is we have all the experts telling us brexit will make the UK poorer and yet we have EU legislation like GDPR strangling small businesses and harming international relations.

•••
I wouldn't blame the rest of the world blocking EU traffic from their websites. In fact it might help reverse all this GDPR nonsense. However spare a thought for us poor souls in the UK. We voted to get out of the EU and we're still adopting their pathetic rules. Nominet, this week, removed registrant's details from whois - so now makes it harder to see if a website is genuine - a scammers dream. Problem is UKIP is now weaker following Brexit (as people think UKIP achieved their purpose) and there is no effective opposition to EU rules being adopted. So in some ways we're in a worse position now than when the Conservative and Labour Party had UKIP winning more and more of their voters.

Funny thing is we have all the experts telling us brexit will make the UK poorer and yet we have EU legislation like GDPR strangling small businesses and harming international relations.

relax there will be no brexit

•••
you've said that line before somewhere Frank - Don't under estimate British resolve :)

•••
you've said that line before somewhere Frank - Don't under estimate British resolve :)

yes I know
I go out on a limb

•••
As we get closer to GDPR being official more and more reactions and questions come in. I noticed today that Theo at DomainGang.com is going to block Europe from accessing his blog. Someone told me I should do that two weeks ago. I had a couple readers express their desire to ban Europeans from making offers on or buying their domain names. One reader came from a place of worry and the other a place … [Read more...]

Couldn't care less about DomainGang being blocked for Europeans. It take few hours to update privacy & policy on website. Australia's Privacy Act in place since 1988. Free whois privacy, we are the winners after all :xf.grin:

•••
DomainGang ...we have proxy so if i want to read something write by Acroplex i will read , but nothing to read there

•••
So Domain Gang imposed sanctions on EU domainers lol. What a funny world we are living in now.

Last edited:
•••
Far as i see still show in different whois websites when i check my domains show the owner ( also check other domains am not the owner ) so again GDPR a fuzz or maybe like kriss05 say : "What a funny world we are living in now." or maybe start from tomorrow will not show ...who knows LOL

•••
Before becoming a horse breeder I was a salesman and one of the most valuable lessons I learned was; when doing business stay away from politics and religion.

•••
The EU has regulated their media since the dawn of television.

They have so much more regulation that the U.S. when it comes to advertising etc...

YouTube had to implement disclosure of sponsorship because people in the EU couldn't tell the difference between a paid endorsement or someone just saying they love the product. In the U.S. we just assume everyone is paid to say they like things and we're good by it bros.

More to the point. It's a shame that they have to trample on the rest of our rights, so why shouldn't we block them from the rest of the internet? They want privacy, then isolate them!

•••
They want privacy, then isolate them!
Yes, let’s isolate Europe, let them have their own walled off privacy conscious Internet.

China has already done it, as their population is isolated behind the Great Firewall of China.

Let’s get rid of the international World Wide Web and create a Web of Webs instead, one that is splintered and nation-based. That’s the direction we’re moving in anyways.

Eventually we’ll end up with practically separate internets, that for the most part function as disparate and unconnected autonomous spheres, that are walled off from the World Wide Web. Maybe well even have govs establish alternative roots. Not difficult to accomplish, though you end up with internets, rather than the Internet.

You don’t have to be a genius see what would happen to domain values and the .COM paradigm if the universal Internet gets thrown out and replaced by the kind of region-by-region market fragmentation we seem to be moving towards... It's going to take years and years. But we're getting there.

•••
China has already done it, as their population is isolated behind the Great Firewall of China.

You don’t have to be a genius see what would happen to domain values and the .COM paradigm if the universal Internet gets thrown out and replaced by the kind of region-by-region market fragmentation

China is segregated, and .COM values are doing just fine.

Add the EU to the list, because they should have stopped with the "right to be forgotten" and the idiotic "cookie notifications". Now we all have to suffer under GDPR.

Just like television, let them have their laws that only apply to them in their region instead of having the whole world suffer because they are stuck in 2005, scared to death to use eBay and enter their credit card information.

What's next? Permission checks every time you want to connect a device to the internet to regulate what is being connected? Oy!

•••
China is segregated, and .COM values are doing just fine.

Add the EU to the list, because they should have stopped with the "right to be forgotten" and the idiotic "cookie notifications". Now we all have to suffer under GDPR.

Just like television, let them have their laws that only apply to them in their region instead of having the whole world suffer because they are stuck in 2005, scared to death to use eBay and enter their credit card information.

What's next? Permission checks every time you want to connect a device to the internet to regulate what is being connected? Oy!
They’re presently the only large economy/region that has established a technological and legislative framework for a strong virtual border and a separate domestic Internet. That outlier status allows them be separated, yet also integrated, so for now they can have their cake and eat it too. But the overall dynamic of the World Wide Web is going to get very different once other countries follow suit.

With the continued balkanization of the Internet we may see the fracturing of DNS itself over time, which will seriously undermine trust in the accuracy of the DNS system.

Make no mistake, the ICANN approved root is the backbone of the domain industry, and if that foundation is damaged it’s going to wreak havoc on commercial domain sales.

•••
With the continued balkanization of the Internet we may see the fracturing of DNS itself over time, which will seriously undermine trust in the accuracy of the DNS system.
I like the word "balkanization" :xf.grin::ROFL:(y)

•••
YouTube had to implement disclosure of sponsorship because people in the EU couldn't tell the difference between a paid endorsement or someone just saying they love the product.

Yes, we all idiots in Europa :xf.grin:

Now we all have to suffer under GDPR.

In my understanding, it should protect you, not to hurt you. :xf.wink:

the whole world suffer because they are stuck in 2005, scared to death to use eBay and enter their credit card information.

We are also scared of spiders, dark, open eyes under water, mothers in law, santa claus and Mr. Trump :nailbiting:

•••
Back