IT.COM

Are .com.au worth anything?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dantex45

Established Member
Impact
Hello! Seeing that there are even companies that specialize in .com.au, I wondered if they are worth anything today?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, but mostly good 1-word names or category-killer names.

•••
Hello! Seeing that there are even companies that specialize in .com.au, I wondered if they are worth anything today?
In Australia they probably are and there is a domainer community there. There were some considerations that limited them to Australian residents and businesses so they did not develop much of a market outside Australia.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Simple answer is no. There are restrictions on ownership of .au which means the market is just too small.

•••
As James said, most of us can't register them because of restrictions (domain owner contact needs to provide a valid Australian postal address), so I guess for most of us they aren't worth much. However, if you live in Australia and can register them, then I would say there is at least a small market for them. I know there are communities on the web dedicated to Australian domains, and according to this site they are the 19th richest country in the world - ahead of countries like the United Kingdom and France which both have pretty decent domain markets. If you could get your hands on some premium words/phrases, they would likely have some value!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back