Domain Empire

.com.au domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A

auctionguy

Hello! I tried to purchase a .com.au domain but I am in the United States and they tell me that you have to have a presence in Australia to purchase the domain. Does anyone know anything about that?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These are not IDNs. IDNs are domains not in english, such as:

あいのり.com

as for your question, I am uncertain... so hopefully someone can come to the rescue.

•••
auctionguy said:
Hello! I tried to purchase a .com.au domain but I am in the United States and they tell me that you have to have a presence in Australia to purchase the domain. Does anyone know anything about that?
I'm not sure but I think people not in the us aren't supposed to buy .us domains so I guess it would be only fair for americans not to buy australian domains

•••
You have to be a registered Australian business with either an office or virtual office in Australia to register a .com.au. This (and the ridiculous price) is in place to stop junk getting on the .com.au :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back