IT.COM

.biz Are .cc and .biz good

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hey guys supposedly there is a name like css.com .net and .org are booked but there is css.biz and css.biz avaiable....are they worth while to go for...do they give resale value?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A three letter .biz I doubt would be available for reg fee.

Generally there is reseller value in .biz and .cc only for the best keywords. Most of the best keywords are already taken in all the extensions, so finding something a reseller would pay much for is not likely.

If the other extensions are taken I would consider .biz for a business website - search engines do not care about the extension. But .biz does not seem to be getting much popularity. Be aware that .biz has some confusion with .bz, and that .cc can be expensive. I am assuming you mean the domain .cc, not any random country code domain, many of which are sleeping peacefully with almost no interest.

For the reseller market there is a strong bias toward .com and, a poor second, .net. That is changing, but slowly.

•••
accentnepal said:
A three letter .biz I doubt would be available for reg fee.

Generally there is reseller value in .biz and .cc only for the best keywords. Most of the best keywords are already taken in all the extensions, so finding something a reseller would pay much for is not likely.

If the other extensions are taken I would consider .biz for a business website - search engines do not care about the extension. But .biz does not seem to be getting much popularity. Be aware that .biz has some confusion with .bz, and that .cc can be expensive. I am assuming you mean the domain .cc, not any random country code domain, many of which are sleeping peacefully with almost no interest.

For the reseller market there is a strong bias toward .com and, a poor second, .net. That is changing, but slowly.

FYI -- bumperstickers.biz just sold for $3,900 on Sedo. Perhaps the market for .biz is on the upswing.

ripley.

•••
ripley said:
FYI -- bumperstickers.biz just sold for $3,900 on Sedo. Perhaps the market for .biz is on the upswing.

ripley.
That sale was an abbrevation. I'll eat my pants (yes, the British meaning) if the .biz market starts performing that well.

LLL.biz are worth something, however, LLL.cc aren't (unless they are very good acronyms or words). For instance, I have www.vip.cc and that domain would be worth something; however, xzq.cc would NOT be worth anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back