NameSilo

question Are Arabic Domains Garbage and do you have any?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I shortened the original thread title which was:

Are Arabic character and or Arabic word domains created using western characters garbage?

Just wanted to know since I did register some like last year. I really don't understand why Arabic Character domains and even Arabic word domains created using western characters (A,B,C,D,E-X,Y,Z) haven't really taken off since ICANN allowed IDN's? One would assume easily that anything "arabic" is Big money just because of the wealth in those countries. Why hasn't it been adopted in areas like Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates? I mean for a culture that takes pride in being "Strict" with it's rules and having so much pride in it's culture (rightly so because of it's rich history) why haven't they adopted the idea of using their language with Arabic characters in the domains they use for their businesses? I mean I understand that Saudi Arabia and the UAE basically want western businesses to come to UAE and Saudi Arabia. So it makes sense that they would want to make it easier for Westerners to easily find their websites since of course most Westerners don't read nor speak Arabic but still why not accompanying Arabic domain to match company domain?

I know there are other IDN's but I have a specific purpose for this thread so I'm leaving this as a separate thread and next will be the Chinese IDN version of this thread.

So let's hear all your comments, opinions from everyone newbies to Guru's and everyone in between. Let's hear your thoughts and views and honest opinion on this topic. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For short-term investment (2-3 years) I have also:
TradeWithArabs.com
SellToArabs.com
BuyFromArabs.com
DealWithArabs.com

All of these make sense and can be developed too.

•••
•••
well...Let me tell you one thing... with so many dialects , you will always have people who spell a word the same way you did, which is in a way a good thing. With that said lets see what i see:

Altatbiq.com - The Application

dhahabi.com - Golden

Albarmjiat.com - Programmes

aistathmar.com ---Invest

Fayiq.com - Excellent - Outstanding , etc
Zahbi or Dhabi means - GOLDEN
AlBarnamij or AlBarnamej means - Programmes

AL is kinda prefix in Arabic Like THE in English.

•••
•••
Well....no.it isnt :) .... You see it is التطبيق so nothing is silent.... The ت and ط are both pronounced in Arabic and since there is no real equivalent letter in English to the Arabic letter of ط ،the closest and the one mainly used is T :)
Good for you. But i never speak or listen anyone to pronounce Double T.

•••
what about dhahabi.com? I did a google it means Golden? or no? plus googled it and first on the list was the name of some arabic or muslim religious figure name Dhahabi? also I'd like your opinion on my list Abdullah Abdullah please? thanks!
From your list of Arabic names, only dhahabi.com will fetch good premium. Anyone can offer above $ 2000.

•••
I have arab dot global. What do you think?

•••
I only have TopArab.com
17 years aged (1999 registered)

•••
i am selling spxy.com is it Arabic word consider than Chinese?

•••
All said apart - a word of caution to everyone here and those who are dreaming of making money from Arabic domain names. It is a futile attempt and if you invest any money in these names is a dead investment.

•••
oh and what about my AbuDhabiWealthFund.com? It's an actual thing although it's more like SoveignWealthFund.com which by the way? has a $92,000 sticker tag to it. is mine similar? or worth anywhere near that?
Some Nigerian scammer will be interested in your AbuDhabiWealthFund.com.

•••
Souq.com means shopping or shop???anyone here??

•••
•••
•••
I know their may be different spellings but how would you translate and spell the Arabic word for "Buy" in english?
It is so complicated to understand Arabic unless you are a native Arab. For Buy, in Arabic YASHTARI, ISHTARI (Noun) and ASHTARI (Verb).

•••
Thank you so much for your input, I ask because I have ishtri.com (to buy?)...I agree translating from another language to english can have many alternative spellings. Unfortunately you would have to register similar variations to keep them from competitors.
Worst case scenario at least it's a nice pronounceable 5L brandable:) Imo IDN'S will offer users much value and present a huge opportunity in the future. What will be to the right of the Dot in an idn is just as important if not more so. At this point in time I'm generally leaning towards idn.com and idn.cctld over idn.idn.

Last edited:
•••
sorry bro unless Google F'd me over but Google says Buy in Arabic is yushtaraa. which I got. Yustaraa.com

but FYI? Yushtara.com is taken pretty interesting that's it's owned by some couple in their Living Trust.
Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust
lol nice investment
MY BAD Yustara.com might have been recently sold to Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Green Lakes Tower .

But they weren't always the owners. I remembered Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust owning this particular domain. The reg says it was registered just this Feb 9, 2016. So I don't know.
I had just missed it. damn. I regged yushtaraa.com on Feb 23, 2016 so annoying!!!

but the Google "correct" spelling is supposedly Yustaraa. I don't know how much Google pays their translator but is mine wrong? and Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Green Lakes Tower right? or is Yushtara.com just better because it's short and that last A is one too many? So I'm guessing proper Spelling doesn't matter and shortness does? Alot of Google arabic translations have double letters in it. like ii and tt.

opinions or thoughts anyone?

my bad Roger and Zina Hayek Living Trust owned ishtara.com since 2005. hmmm last name Hayek? is that Arabic? anyone know? if so then their version might be the proper spelling them? ishtara=buy?

they also own apartmentinsurance.com makes sense for arabic "Buy"
They also own tabikh which means food in arabic, out of curiosity it prompted me to check arabfood, fma owns the .org version and another party owned the .com since 98.....I own MiddleEasternInsurance.com, the only thing I don't like is its too long, but soon I think more and more people will use the voice to text feature, domain names not recognized will be a problem. For example I just said "ishtari" using the default voice to text on my phone and "history" was the result.

•••
hahahaha time to unload my arabic domains! yikes!! lol
There are different language options for voice to text that may recognize those type of names.

•••
Just to add my 2 cents worth. I own a 3 letter .qa domain hack that I have been trying to sell with absolutely no interest. .Ly domains on the other hand seem to be fetching good money!

•••
They also own tabikh which means food in arabic, out of curiosity it prompted me to check arabfood, fma owns the .org version and another party owned the .com since 98.....I own MiddleEasternInsurance.com, the only thing I don't like is its too long, but soon I think more and more people will use the voice to text feature, domain names not recognized will be a problem. For example I just said "ishtari" using the default voice to text on my phone and "history" was the result.
Google or any other person in the world cannot spell the correct spelling in English of an Arabic word. There may be a dozen different spelling for a word. For example for Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him), we see the following spelling: Mohammad, Muhammed, Muhammad, Muhamad, Muhamed, Mohamad, Mohamed etc

•••
Maybe I will just stick to names where there is just one possible spelling and cannot be confused, like MiddleeastStore.com:)

•••
Maybe I will just stick to names where there is just one possible spelling and cannot be confused, like MiddleeastStore.com:)
If your targeted audience is western people whom native language isn't arabic than yes stick to that. However if you want to target arabic native speakers, any spelling of a genuine word is much better than yours cause it's easier to brand and pronounce among them even though we all basically speak multiple languages still we familiarize more with an Arabic word.

•••
If your targeted audience is western people whom native language isn't arabic than yes stick to that. However if you want to target arabic native speakers, any spelling of a genuine word is much better than yours cause it's easier to brand and pronounce among them even though we all basically speak multiple languages still we familiarize more with an Arabic word.
I agree, this type of name would be targeting Arabs In the us and other English speaking countries. I can promote brandable domain names on the site also, brandable domains being referred by generic type domain name may add credibility to them in the users eyes.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Alright it's about THAT time. These domains renewed thee other day forgot about rethinking these. I can still get these grace refunded. so please everyone chime it.

Keep or Drop? ( mind you just because you say DROP doesn't mean I WILL lol so that you guys can snatch it up at drop and slap a privacy on it. I will take all opinions first and see what the room thinks. Thanks.)

of these I think Fayiq.com I will keep.

laeib.com

alaleab.com

fayiq.com

alfailat.com

alfilat.com

hiwanalif.com

rufahia.com

altatbiq.com

albarmjiat.com

muttaraf.com

birumjiat.com

mukallafa.com

mutaraf.com

alttatbiq.com

burfakat.com

dhahabi.com

barmjiat.com

alfaylat.com

hiwanalyf.com

aistathmar.com

muzadahur.com

yushtaraa.com

Thank you in advance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back