Domain Empire

question Are any GD coupons working on Closeout auction prices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

muttus

Established Member
Impact
Dear Domainers,

I was going to buy some domains in closeout auction at GD but I stopped in the process when I realized that I am charged 28 $ for .com domain listed for 10$. Is there any way to get lower price on registration? Or any discount?

Thanks for your input

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only option is DDC

99% Codes won't work for renewal. Better spend some bucks for your 1% working coupon searching "time"

It will be good if you planned to buy more domains.

$8.47 Renewal cost in DDC.

•••
Some codes work and you save around $5.

•••
what if two people use the same ddc code ? is it possible or it is each unique code for each ddc account ?

•••
Bump.

I had a code that was working for months but it's now expired, google throwing nothing else up. If anyone has one I'd greatly appreciate it.

•••
•••
Indeed. However, there hasn't been a confirmed working code posted on that thread since May 2014. I'll ask again over there, I posted the question here is this thread is more recent and more specific to my query.

Thanks all the same.

•••
Success! In case anyone else finds this thread, check the thread iowadog kindly pointed out and search for the WOW codes, they tend to work just fine.

•••
WOW codes are not allowed on that thread.
Because WOW codes are affiliate codes.
So do not bother hunting for WOW codes.

•••
WOW codes are not allowed on that thread.
Because WOW codes are affiliate codes.
So do not bother hunting for WOW codes.

I know, I don't mind lining someone's pockets if I'm getting a discount tbh. Plenty of them displayed in poster's sigs throughout the thread.

Post No. 20363 has a code for 39% (non WOW code). Best I found. Can't post links yet.

•••
39% off what? the total or the retail renewal?

•••
39% off what? the total or the retail renewal?

You never get a discount from the closeout/auction price, only on the renewal afaik. Better than paying full whack.

I just used it this second on a closeout for sharkeyedotnet, 13 year aged domain with decent exact match volume. Every little helps. Discount was around 3-4 eur in total from what GD was originally quoting.

•••
I was going to buy some domains in closeout auction at GD but I stopped in the process when I realized that I am charged 28 $ for .com domain listed for 10$. Is there any way to get lower price on registration? Or any discount?

Try a new purchase % off coupon, don't remember which coupon worked but some do, usually 25% or higher % off coupons.

Tip: don't wait to try coupon if you are trying to buy a fresh closeout domain, as someone else may be buying same domain too. Check the coupon few hours before you actually want to use it. If I really want a closeout/$5 domain, I don't wait to check coupons, I enter a coupon, if it works, good, else I pay full price.

•••
Once I have to try buy a closeout domain and I didn't found any form for coupons. So I didn't buy this domain.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back